At the FCC

CircleSeven

There's a station in the Cleveland-Akron market that is for sale, according to TVNewsCheck:

CLEVELAND, OHIO CLASS A TV FOR SALE

Excellent market coverage of over 2.5 million people in the Cleveland DMA, including the urban and suburban areas of Cleveland and Akron. Pre-repack Ch. 16. Post-repack Ch. 27. 15KW at 1000ft in the Cleveland Antenna Farm. New transmission equipment. Contact Bill Klaus at 330-671-3351 or billklaus@wnir.com

That would be W16DO, part of the old CAT network that was done in with spectrum cash-ins.

• 2 weeks later...
A CBS affiliate in Jacksonville is only worth $1.2 mil?

Yeah, that seems kinda piddly. Even when it was an independent station or a UPN affiliate, WJAX was more than likely worth more than that.

Consider that WTEV/WJAX is nominally the junior partner in the duopoly, and has been basically shelled out and/or twinsticked to WAWS/WFOX for almost 25 years now. The $1.2 million likely reflects the value of the license and transmitter facilities, and not much else.

• 2 weeks later...
New M&A.

Ion is buying Ironwood's WPME in Maine for $900K.

As per Our Maine, the current WPME intellectual unit, except Ion, will move to WPXT's spectrum on March 22. As per RabbitEars, the lineup will look like this:

WPXT - RF 43 -> 34

51.1 WPXT CW

51.2 Me TV

51.3 WPME - from 35.1

51.4 Escape - from 51.3

51.5 Laff from 35.2

New Call Sign RF 35 -> 24

35.1 Ion - from 35.2

35.2 Qubo

35.3 Ion Life

35.4 Ion Shop

35.5 QVC

35.6 HSN

Source: Any Ion Station

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New M&A.

Looks like Quincy wants to acquire KDLH & WISE outright.

I guess since the shift of networks after the Granite deal (each are now standalone CW affils), these two stations are now fifth place.

Purchase Price: $1.74M ($1,745,661 (WISE $952,884 & KDLH $792,557))

• Like 2

New M&A.

I guess since the shift of networks after the Granite deal (each are now standalone CW affils), these two stations are now fifth place.

Do sunchannels count in this equation? Doing a count of both markets I don't think a fifth place was possible.

• Like 2

New M&A.

In other words...

KBJR would have NBC (6.1), CBS (6.2), MyTV (6.3) and The CW (3.1)

WPTA would have ABC (21.1), NBC (21.2), MyTV (21.3) and The CW (33.1)

But if anything, KDLH and WISE are spectrum bait, even if the auctions are finished and then I see The CW go on KBJR 6.3 or 6.4 and on WPTA 21.3 or 21.4, respectively. That's depending on whether or not KBJR and WPTA would like to combine The CW and MyTV stations together.

New M&A.

Could we see CBS return to KDLH and NBC return to WISE once the deal is done ?

• Like 4

Could we see CBS return to KDLH and NBC return to WISE once the deal is done ?

That's the first thing that came through my mind. KDLH branding still have a "3" on it, despite being on 6.2. I wouldn't be all that surprised if "reverse" the move they did a couple of years ago.

• 3 weeks later...