At the FCC

CircleSeven

KOFY would lose half its coverage and probably flip to a Spanish/ethnic format. Where would the syndicated shows go?

What did I say earlier?

I was hoping Weigel would've gotten it and move all the programming to their newly acquired outlets. After all, KOFY carries Me-TV on its sub.

If you've seen the successes of operating independents in Chicago & Milwaukee, KOFY's shows would be a perfect fit for Weigel. In fact about it, after getting the shows, drop the KTLN calls and make that station KOFY.

________

Anywho, Brady is unloading one of its stations.

Brady is donating its Twin Falls station, KXTF to religious broadcaster, TCT.

• Like 1

We have a new M&A on this Black Friday.

Woods (owners of WCOV) wants to acquire Cozi station WIYC for $1M. And wants to use the 'failed waiver" to get it.

Tbh, I always wondered why someone didn't do that way back in the day when it was with MyNetwork. It certainly could have qualified back then.

• Like 2

We have a new M&A on this Black Friday.

Woods (owners of WCOV) wants to acquire Cozi station WIYC for $1M. And wants to use the 'failed waiver" to get it.

I could see Woods using WIYC as a full powered version of their WALE-LD to broadcast their multicasts to a larger audience. WIYC has been pretty worthless ever since the MyNetwork affiliation went away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

KIEM 3 owners Pollack/Belz is selling the station to Bryan Brady (Redwood Television Partners) for $3.5M.

Brady is selling KVIQ to Prime Cities Broadcasting (former owner of KNDX/KXND) for a measly $10K.

It also says on the purchase agreement that they have to apply for a new callsign by the deal's closing.

The KIEM deal was closed on Friday. And KVIQ has changed its calls to KJRW.

Not sure where Brady will place the KVIQ calls, since they did acquire some LPs with the KIEM purchase.

According to the FCC Database, the KVIQ calls have been moved to an LPTV formerly known as K10FS.

More from TVNewsCheck:

The buyer, Redwood Television, will also operate KVIQ-LP (CBS) in conjunction with KIEM on digital ch. 14. Redwood Television said this change will not disrupt viewership, particularly those watching CBS programming on satellite or cable. Some TV's may need to be re-scanned.

Some deal closings tonight.

The KIEM deal was closed on Friday. And KVIQ has changed its calls to KJRW.

Not sure where Brady will place the KVIQ calls, since they did acquire some LPs with the KIEM purchase.

Here's KJRW's closing paper. The deal was closed last Friday. Lets see how long they'll air the CBS programming since Brady is simulcasting it on an LP.

Also, Weigel has completed its sale of Utah station KCSG. Making it the first station they own outside the areas adjacent to Lake Michigan.

Interestingly enough Weigel sold WMLW's spectrum for $69.6M. They've already used half of those proceeds in buying TV stations in a few markets. Will they spend the remaining amount to buy more stations in the future?

Finally, WRNN is buying another station. They're getting Cherry Hill, NJ's WMCN from Lenfest Broadcasting for $6M.

• Like 1

Some deal closings tonight.

Here's KJRW's closing paper. The deal was closed last Friday. Lets see how long they'll air the CBS programming since Brady is simulcasting it on an LP.

Also, Weigel has completed its sale of Utah station KCSG. Making it the first station they own outside the areas adjacent to Lake Michigan.

Interestingly enough Weigel sold WMLW's spectrum for $69.6M. They've already used half of those proceeds in buying TV stations in a few markets. Will they spend the remaining amount to buy more stations in the future?

Finally, WRNN is buying another station. They're getting Cherry Hill, NJ's WMCN from Lenfest Broadcasting for $6M.

More from TVNewsCheck:

The coverage of both KJRW and KVIQ-LP are nearly the same! http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.php?appid=2007490&map=N&contour=Y&lppc=N&int=N&pop=N&incpop=&excpop=&z1=N&nrqz=N&lprw=N&head=Y&asrn=&extras=677310&cir=&circen=40.730277777778%2C-123.95305555556

Is WPXT going with it? Or is WPME going alone?

More importantly, if its the latter then what happens? Does My Network simply go to a WPXT subchannel?

The purchase agreement says that the sale does not include WPME's existing programming contracts and that Ion will have to change WPME's call sign, so it seems that MyNetworkTV will be moving to a WPXT subchannel. Interestingly, there's also an SSA in which Ironwood will continue to provide Technical services to WPME after the sale.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, WPME is already carrying Ion on 35.2, so that will probably just move to 35.1 after the sale.

• Like 1

The purchase agreement says that the sale does not include WPME's existing programming contracts and that Ion will have to change WPME's call sign, so it seems that MyNetworkTV will be moving to a WPXT subchannel. Interestingly, there's also an SSA in which Ironwood will continue to provide Technical services to WPME after the sale.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, WPME is already carrying Ion on 35.2, so that will probably just move to 35.1 after the sale.

It appears that Ion is returning to Maine as they started what is now WPFO as WMPX, thus I would not be surprised should WPME become WMPX. Personally, I would like to see someone take over the current WPFO and allow FOX to move to WGME’s stick and allow FOX to be on par with the other networks in western Maine.

I wonder what this means for WPXT long-term. With the Top 8 rule poised to go away, you would think that Tegna and Hearst would be chomping at the bit for WPXT at minimum if not Gray using it as a trojan horse to enter the Portland market if no other avenues open up.

As per WPXT’s Wikipedia page, Ironwood is in the process of selling WPXT to Sincair, which would pair it up with WGME & WPFO, but there was no citation or other sources.

As per WPXT’s Wikipedia page, Ironwood is in the process of selling WPXT to Sinclair, which would pair it up with WGME & WPFO, but there was no citation or other sources.

Trip from RabbitEars just confirmed it was a mistake on their part.

Yep, that's a mistake. WPME got sold to ION, and WPFO (not WPXT) filed something on the same day that was apparently an internal reorganization at Sinclair. I misread it as WPXT being sold separately to Sinclair. (Which could have made sense as well.)

Sorry about that.

- Trip

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/123548-portland-me-hdtv-170.html#post55323924

• 4 weeks later...
New M&A.

It looks like Estrella wants to buy Miami's Spanish indie WGEN for $11M.

I love Estrella TV more than Telemundo in the 90's.

Estrella has only one set for all it's shows...

The only have one little person...but he does all the shows.

And the only have 3 skanky go-go girls which get rotated all afternoon through all the various creepy shows.

...and a donkey...and a few chickens.

Full Disclosure: I am 1/3 Mexican and I live near the border.

I also once bought a "slimmer" thing off one of the ads they run....but it didn't work.

(sad trumpet.wav)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some closings tonight.

Second, the transaction of Laughlin, NV station KMCC by Cranston TV to Entravision was greenlighted yesterday (5/3).

So eight months after its approval, the KMCC deal was closed on Tuesday (1/16).

Also Weigel's acquisition of the Seattle properties of OTA Broadcasting (KVOS/KFFV) was also closed Tuesday. They're still waiting for the greenlight on the Bay Area stations (KTLN/KAXT-CD).

They've also made changes to the KVOS/KFFV lineup after closing of the deal.

KFFV

44.1 MeTV

44.2 Movies

44.3 H&I/KVOS

KVOS

12.1 H&I

12.2 Movies

12.3 MeTV/KFFV

12.4 Decades

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

As reported, Telemundo completed its acquisition of all ZGS Communications' TV properties.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/110882/nbcu-completes-zgs-stations-buy

Now with ZGS finally sold its only radio property:

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/122862/station-sales-week-2-2/

you can officially say

ZGS.

As reported, Telemundo completed its acquisition of all ZGS Communications' TV properties.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/110882/nbcu-completes-zgs-stations-buy

Now with ZGS finally sold its only radio property:

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/122862/station-sales-week-2-2/

you can officially say

ZGS.

Not quite. They still have to transfer the Raleigh and Providence stations to NBC, which they have to enter into channel-sharing agreements for. After that though, ZGS will be officially gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a station in the Cleveland-Akron market that is for sale, according to TVNewsCheck:

CLEVELAND, OHIO CLASS A TV FOR SALE

Excellent market coverage of over 2.5 million people in the Cleveland DMA, including the urban and suburban areas of Cleveland and Akron. Pre-repack Ch. 16. Post-repack Ch. 27. 15KW at 1000ft in the Cleveland Antenna Farm. New transmission equipment. Contact Bill Klaus at 330-671-3351 or billklaus@wnir.com