360 Music Production & Stephen Arnold

The Romeo Show

I think 360 was a Stephen Arnold shell entity created to get around the fact that Stephen Arnold Music was affiliated with SESAC for licensing at the time when SESAC dramatically increased licensing fees (around 2006 IIRC). Nearly all SAM clients at the time dumped the music to avoid having to pay more... so 360 was born to retain customers. Not sure how SAM licensing works these days, but guessing they were able to get away from SESAC and get back into business, and therefore the 360 brand isn't really needed anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Are they planning to upload the 360 pkgs to SAM's website?  A quick search only turned up "360" and NBC O&O.

I wonder if they plan on adding the other packages, such as Frequency, Connection, Viral, etc., to the SAM website.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:13 AM, channel2 said:

Connection was originally marketed as a mainline Arnold package, under the name "Premier." Only after the SESAC Attack did it switch brands and take on its present name.

And Connection/Premier is really just a V2 of Counterpoint since the signature is pretty similar.

5 hours ago, KentBrockman said:

And Connection/Premier is really just a V2 of Counterpoint since the signature is pretty similar.

That is a very interesting observation.  Now that I think about it they do sound similar.

7 hours ago, TheRyan said:

That is a very interesting observation.  Now that I think about it they do sound similar.

WTNH did acquire Frequency after using Counterpoint for 4 years...so we aren't the only ones who hear the similarities. 

• 6 months later...
On 11/20/2020 at 5:14 PM, caliwxdude said:

I think 360 was a Stephen Arnold shell entity created to get around the fact that Stephen Arnold Music was affiliated with SESAC for licensing at the time when SESAC dramatically increased licensing fees (around 2006 IIRC). Nearly all SAM clients at the time dumped the music to avoid having to pay more... so 360 was born to retain customers. Not sure how SAM licensing works these days, but guessing they were able to get away from SESAC and get back into business, and therefore the 360 brand isn't really needed anymore.

They're sill affiliated with SESAC. I think this may mean that SESAC relented.

Archived