Gray buys non-license assets of KTTW Sioux Falls, main transmitters to be transferred to nonprofit

CubsFan79

3 hours ago, Ulysses@Sea said:

Sioux Falls 42.2 is currently carrying Fox programming and much of the Antenna programming (Coach, News Radio, Wings and other Antenna content throught the day. It seems they have filled gaps in the daily program schedule where FOX KTTW had Infomercial content.

A recent person , Uslysses , FOX is on KDLT TV 46.2, not KAUN TV 42. 

Independent has spoken...

“Independent intends to transfer KTTW and its satellite station, KTTM, to a nonprofit entity in the near future,” the company statement said. “Details regarding the transfer will be disclosed in coming weeks.”

That screams TCT or Sonlife or another Christian entity, imo. They buy sticks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay. Just a couple of new notes.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Megatron81 said:

I'm surprised I thought that Nexstar would've bought KTTW I didn't see Gray getting Fox in SF they own that market owning ABC, NBC & Fox while Nexstar owns CBS. I thought that Nexstar would've had Mission taking KTTW.

I'm surprised Gray didn't snag the Fox (KTTW) assets several years prior (like they did in Bismarck (KXND/KNDX)), when it acquired Hoak. This would've made more sense, then.

But this was way before the KDLT acquisition.

7 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I'm surprised I thought that Nexstar would've bought KTTW I didn't see Gray getting Fox in SF they own that market owning ABC, NBC & Fox while Nexstar owns CBS. I thought that Nexstar would've had Mission taking KTTW.

I thought KELO TV would had the Fox affiliation too.  Nextstar would have gone after KTTW TV, or you have said Mission Broadcasting.

It’s now a Gray VS Nextstar tv market in SIoux Falls and Eastern SD.

1 hour ago, CubsFan79 said:

I thought KELO TV would had the Fox affiliation too.  Nextstar would have gone after KTTW TV, or you have said Mission Broadcasting.

It’s now a Gray VS Nextstar tv market in SIoux Falls and Eastern SD.

It can be anyone vs. anyone in the SF market and KELO will still easily win every time slot. the decades-long ratings slaughter is the only way Gray was able to get KDLT and FOX in the first place.

Gray might have the edge over in Rapid City though with KOTA and KEVN...

• 9 months later...

Archived