Gray buys non-license assets of KTTW Sioux Falls, main transmitters to be transferred to nonprofit

CubsFan79

4 minutes ago, GodfreyGR said:

Huh? Did Gray buy KTTW too?

Fox TV switches Channels in Sioux Falls,  From KTTW TV 7 to KDLT TV 46.2 .  KTTW TV announced yesterday at 12 p.m. (Nov , 1).  NORTH PINE  reported.  No details from KTTW TV or Gray's KSFY/KDLT TV as of yet. 

1 hour ago, CubsFan79 said:

Fox TV switches Channels in Sioux Falls,  From KTTW TV 7 to KDLT TV 46.2 .  KTTW TV announced yesterday at 12 p.m. (Nov , 1).  NORTH PINE  reported.  No details from KTTW TV or Gray's KSFY/KDLT TV as of yet. 

It is very important to post the link to that Northpine article so no one would think you're lying.

KTTW 7 posted the news on their Facebook.

Can't say I'm surprised by this..........   

5 minutes ago, CubsFan79 said:

I’m not surprised either.  Gray now has the ABC/NBC/FOX nets

Does that mean Gray will move Dakota News Now at 9 to the Fox channel? KTTW was one of the very last affiliates to not have a post-primetime newscast.

Interesting to note this change appears to be the result of an ownership change at KTTW. The station said they have been acquired and that change necessitated the moving of Fox and Cozi programming. So it doesn't appear, at least not at the moment, that Gray was looking to obtain Fox programming. Rather, it looks as if they were the home Fox found after the new owners removed Fox from KTTW.  

fox7.JPG

I'm not surprised that the FOX station moved to another TV station. I thought KELO (NEXTSTAR) would  be getting the FOX affiliation . Topeka, KS,  has the same situation except the NBC station is the number 2 station in that market.  What happens to KTTW TV is up for debate. This  I think caught me by surprise. 

I remember  when Gray TV (KSFY TV owner} bought another SF station, I thought it would have been KTTW. Not KDLT TV. I also  thought if KTTW were to be sold it would be to Mission (Nextstar) KELO TV.  JCB4TV, your right. I thought it would be a KELO/KTTTW TV duopoly.  Good thing I didn't put money on it. 

4 minutes ago, Travis W said:

I think KTTW is going to be independent until it dies off.

There's a lot we don't know, especially if it was just the Fox affiliation that was sold.

I wouldn't count out Gray buying the KTTM facility, though. KSFY doesn't have over-the-air coverage in the Huron area, whereas KDLT (KDLV) does.

What happens to KTTW Tv  after losing FOX. I don't know.  I was surprised that Gray now has the ABC/NBC/FOX in SF SD market. There was no mention of the KTTW TV sale.to different owners. I live here we don't know who bought  KTTW./KTTM.

On 11/3/2020 at 6:41 PM, Samantha said:

There's a lot we don't know, especially if it was just the Fox affiliation that was sold.

I wouldn't count out Gray buying the KTTM facility, though. KSFY doesn't have over-the-air coverage in the Huron area, whereas KDLT (KDLV) does.

KDLV & KTTM signals greatly overlap. But I thought about this. Last year, Gray did successfully acquired the former KHAS-TV (now KNHL) in Nebraska by making it as a satellite station of KSNB.

Not too sure if they're going to follow through in acquiring KTTM. It might be more risky because it'll probably depend on who'll run the FCC past January 20. That KNHL deal lasted just about six months. It might take even longer under a Democratic-ran FCC. The democratic commissioners weren't happy about Pai approving the KDLT deal by a waiver.

Anywho, the LP translators of KTTW are going to Gray however, for $1

Sioux Falls 42.2 is currently carrying Fox programming and much of the Antenna programming (Coach, News Radio, Wings and other Antenna content throught the day. It seems they have filled gaps in the daily program schedule where FOX KTTW had Infomercial content.

Archived