ABC O&Os Standardization

JohnnyNews
Message added by Weeters,

ⓘ Some claims made in this thread are disputed, and lack evidence to back them up. They should not be taken at face value.

Just now, rkolsen said:

Yeah, there have been rumors of standardization for years. I assume when or if they do it will be a completely new package. 

Well all we can say is we'll see, next month if not q1 next year correct!!!

I can't imagine any circumstance where a standardized package is anything currently in use.

• WABC's current look is 4.5 years old
  • KABC/KGO/KFSN is 5
  • The basic bones of WLS is 7 years old
  • WPVI goes back 3.5
  • KTRK is 5.5 years old

None are new enough to be seen as "fresh" for a complete roll-out.

Just now, 24994J said:

I can't imagine any circumstance where a standardized package is anything currently in use.

• KABC/KGO/KFSN is 5
  • WPVI goes back 3.5
  • KTRK is 5.5 years old

And WTVDs is about 7 years old it's basic bones and the 2018/2019 update is about 2.5 years old!!! The new opening title card are a year old!!!

Just now, Gavin said:

And WTVDs is about 7 years old it's basic bones and the 2018/2019 update is about 2.5 years old!!! The new opening title card are a year old!!!

We won't talk about the visual trash coming out of NC. 🤣

Just now, 24994J said:

We won't talk about the visual trash coming out of NC. 🤣

Sometimes I think they have a graphical mess, glad and hopefully and forcefully am glad with this standardization they're gonna take this graphics package, cause Rob Elmore has returned from KABC he ain't playing that!!! The original new graphics was made in house it was nice flat and started the trend but when they went KABC in 2018/2019 it was a little sloppy they should've just went the whole way graphic package wise!!! But there gonna have no choice but to do this and Thst the only thing I'm happy about this it's being forced upon all stations, Eve WABC in New York was too sucky and blocky. The only clean one was KABC and then only!!!

3 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Yeah, there have been rumors of standardization for years. I assume when or if they do it will be a completely new package. 

Do you think the ABC News superset will debut at the same time? Maybe Roz Abrams will make a comeback too.

4 hours ago, 24994J said:

• KABC/KGO/KFSN is 5
  • WPVI goes back 3.5
  • KTRK is 5.5 years old

Me and @ABC 7 Denverhave a lot more information about them than you guys. It is a whole brand new package. You guys will like it.... the main font will be Gotham. They’ll use flat elements mostly and from what I’ve seen they give TEGNA a run for its money. And ABC will adopt a new flat weather icon set. And ABC7ny will switch to Baron and maybe WPVI too.

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

Everything is changing guys. Flat , modern and ABC is gonna prove they’re number 1

4 hours ago, 24994J said:

• KABC/KGO/KFSN is 5
  • WPVI goes back 3.5
  • KTRK is 5.5 years old

This new package will be way different. But ABC considers the KABC package as it’s cu mandate. I’m the new mandate it’ll look more refreshing with a lot more white (not much yellow and blue) And the big stations are getting them first.

Any other questions Message me because I cannot announce a lot of this in the public since I’ve seen what they look like and have been sworn to secrecy 

19 minutes ago, ColumbusNewsFan said:

Why am I getting "Is Linda Church going to weekends" Vibes with this thread?

I agree. Whether or not there's a new package coming, there's nothing to really discuss at this time. Those that know about it can't share info, and the rest of us are merely speculating. No real need to continue this until some tangible evidence starts to surface.

Archived