New Good Day LA Theme from Stephen Arnold

Sendir

Great find. Some won't like the music. As someone who grew up in SoCal, the music definitely has our SoCal vibe. I'm still out on how successful the new format will be, but the music is good. I like that it kept the old GDLA production theme music signature. Paying homage to their old roots.

I had a feeling this was Arnold; it still felt comfortably similar to Beyond (especially KTTV's cut) and the now-former Good Day LA music with the signature. Not that they're exact in any way, but I personally still felt some subtle resemblance, like an homage-ish. I think the new music adapts well to the city feel of LA and isn't too cookie-cutter in any way. 

Interesting tidbit to note in Chad Cook's post from is Jim Ladas (the VP of Creative Services) led the team working towards this transition, but he just joined the station last month so they certainly had a lot up their sleeve for the rollout in anticipation of Michaela's debut. Wondering if there's any other changes further down the line. 

It sounds really nice! I actually wanted to listen to the whole thing within the first few seconds.

At first I had a couple critiques, but after listening to it a few more times, I changed my mind.

I love that it has the Good Day signature in it as well and like how it sounds. (Does anyone know how that works? is there such a thing as the signature being copyrighted by Gari?)

12 hours ago, PTVNews said:

I love that it has the Good Day signature in it as well and like how it sounds. (Does anyone know how that works? is there such a thing as the signature being copyrighted by Gari?)

It all depends on how Fox's legal team wrote the original license agreement with Gari. Since it's a custom theme, I would assume the license was written with Fox owning all rights to the music and thus can do whatever they want with it—including asking SAM use the same signature in an updated composition. Recall it was used nationally on the syndicated version of GDLA back in the mid-2000s, and it's unlikely Fox would have used it there if it required a new licensing agreement covering national use. 

Archived