New Graphics at WHIO TV?

dabnis74

Nothing against the OP and others, but I feel like some of these individual Cox station threads (in graphics and general TV forums) could be combined into one Cox thread about the developments? There seems to have been somewhat of an (implied) consensus that Cox is working to change graphics in coordination with transforming all or most of its late-evening newscasts to "___ Tonight," so I think it would be nice to combine if this is the assumed "path of transition," if you will. 

8 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Nothing against the OP and others, but I feel like some of these individual Cox station threads (in graphics and general TV forums) could be combined into one Cox thread about the developments? There seems to have been somewhat of an (implied) consensus that Cox is working to change graphics in coordination with transforming all or most of its late-evening newscasts to "___ Tonight," so I think it would be nice to combine if this is the assumed "path of transition," if you will. 

33 minutes ago, news89 said:

Oh great another blah, flat, and simple package. Looks like everything now has to look boring, simple and flat. From broadcast, web, retail and other places. Just my 2 cents.

I told y'all this would become the package for Cox. Now KIRO, BOSTON 25 , and WHIO have implemented it. Wait til it hits Tulsa y'all won't be complaining because it's better than KJRH and KTUL

25 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

I told y'all this would become the package for Cox. Now KIRO, BOSTON 25 , and WHIO have implemented it. Wait til it hits Tulsa y'all won't be complaining because it's better than KJRH and KTUL

Memphis as well as everywhere else.

I do wonder what the standard Cox pkg is going to look like for all other timeslots outside of the Late Evening newscasts?

Well it's about time! WHIO, WDTN, and WKEF/WRGT have had their graphics for WAY too long! I moved to Dayton in July 2014 and moved down to Warner Robins, GA this past January and none of the 3 stations changed their graphics or music the entire time. Really the only change was WHIO's set in 2018. I'm really surprised WDTN has kept the same graphics and music for 8 years even through 2 ownership changes (mergers). I guess they are content with staying #2 in the market as they have been for the last 60 years.

7 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:

I told y'all this would become the package for Cox. Now KIRO, BOSTON 25 , and WHIO have implemented it. Wait til it hits Tulsa y'all won't be complaining because it's better than KJRH and KTUL.

That maybe so I actually like there's as well.  I don't care for FOX23'S current package but can't wait to see this debut.

Ugh. First of all, they're not sure if it's "WHIO Tonight" or "WHIOTV7 Tonight". Second, the mandate of Cox's "_ Tonight" seems to be "cover fewer stories" and "de-emphasize weather". Also, HATE the b&w weather graphics. The graphics package in general, meh. As far as the format, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Archived