Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

New Graphics at WHIO TV?


Recommended Posts

Looks like WHIO is in the process of switching to new graphics, they’re current package has been used since the spring of 2013 and WBBM used it back in 2008 when they switched to HD.

CD566F76-F543-487C-8FE6-370AE71298F1.jpeg

C6919EC2-EDA3-42AE-A786-227C011BB33A.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing against the OP and others, but I feel like some of these individual Cox station threads (in graphics and general TV forums) could be combined into one Cox thread about the developments? There seems to have been somewhat of an (implied) consensus that Cox is working to change graphics in coordination with transforming all or most of its late-evening newscasts to "___ Tonight," so I think it would be nice to combine if this is the assumed "path of transition," if you will. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great another blah, flat, and simple package. Looks like everything now has to look boring, simple and flat. From broadcast, web, retail and other places. Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Nothing against the OP and others, but I feel like some of these individual Cox station threads (in graphics and general TV forums) could be combined into one Cox thread about the developments? There seems to have been somewhat of an (implied) consensus that Cox is working to change graphics in coordination with transforming all or most of its late-evening newscasts to "___ Tonight," so I think it would be nice to combine if this is the assumed "path of transition," if you will. 

 

33 minutes ago, news89 said:

Oh great another blah, flat, and simple package. Looks like everything now has to look boring, simple and flat. From broadcast, web, retail and other places. Just my 2 cents.

I told y'all this would become the package for Cox. Now KIRO, BOSTON 25 , and WHIO have implemented it. Wait til it hits Tulsa y'all won't be complaining because it's better than KJRH and KTUL

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

 

I told y'all this would become the package for Cox. Now KIRO, BOSTON 25 , and WHIO have implemented it. Wait til it hits Tulsa y'all won't be complaining because it's better than KJRH and KTUL

Memphis as well as everywhere else.

 

I do wonder what the standard Cox pkg is going to look like for all other timeslots outside of the Late Evening newscasts?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dman748 said:

Memphis as well as everywhere else.

 

I do wonder what the standard Cox pkg is going to look like for all other timeslots outside of the Late Evening newscasts?

It will be the exact same as the late evening news.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:

It will be the exact same as the late evening news.

I suspect that the Tonight graphics won't be rolled out to all newscasts until sometime next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

Yep, there's still like 5 or 6 stations that haven't gotten them yet.

Including some of the former Northwest stations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Well it's about time! WHIO, WDTN, and WKEF/WRGT have had their graphics for WAY too long! I moved to Dayton in July 2014 and moved down to Warner Robins, GA this past January and none of the 3 stations changed their graphics or music the entire time. Really the only change was WHIO's set in 2018. I'm really surprised WDTN has kept the same graphics and music for 8 years even through 2 ownership changes (mergers). I guess they are content with staying #2 in the market as they have been for the last 60 years.

Edited by jerseyfla
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:

 

I told y'all this would become the package for Cox. Now KIRO, BOSTON 25 , and WHIO have implemented it. Wait til it hits Tulsa y'all won't be complaining because it's better than KJRH and KTUL.

That maybe so I actually like there's as well.  I don't care for FOX23'S current package but can't wait to see this debut.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. First of all, they're not sure if it's "WHIO Tonight" or "WHIOTV7 Tonight". Second, the mandate of Cox's "_ Tonight" seems to be "cover fewer stories" and "de-emphasize weather". Also, HATE the b&w weather graphics. The graphics package in general, meh. As far as the format, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.