Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Election Night 2020 coverage plans?


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Drew said:

Saw that too. I wonder if it will be optional for the stations or if he was talking about NBC News Now or MSNBC. 

 

He was talking about the network. Savannah confirmed it before they went off air.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox News has a very well respected decision desk that is not at all like most of its operation.

Coverage plans include sleeping bags, cots, pizza and coffee.

If the polls continue to hold with Team Blue leading by double digits nationwide and five to seven points in battleground states, we'll know by 11 pm eastern. North Carolina, Florida, and Texas will h

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

Isn't it kind of ironic the network that is getting the most push back for calling a state too early for BIDEN is FOX News? 

 

Fox News has a very well respected decision desk that is not at all like most of its operation.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Samantha said:

 

Fox News has a very well respected decision desk that is not at all like most of its operation.

Saw that too. Biden always seemed to be ahead by the most points on Fox. The other networks appeared to more cautious with calls.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Election Coverage is rolling on tonight. Slowly all networks are announcing some type of primetime coverage

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Drew said:

Election Coverage is rolling on tonight. Slowly all networks are announcing some type of primetime coverage

I too young to remember 2000 (well not young young  I was 9 but don't ember) did this happen back then too the night after?  I imagine Tom Brokaw and Tim Russert were  on the air  for hours! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

I too young to remember 2000 (well not young young  I was 9 but don't ember) did this happen back then too the night after?  I imagine Tom Brokaw and Tim Russert were  on the air  for hours! 

No. Tom did the normal newscast on the day after and tossed to MSNBC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpCgGMboGEc

 

 

 

ABC just used Nightline. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk4bseu5Io8

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

 


CBS has a 2-hr episode of ‘Amazing Race’ scheduled for tonight, so my guess is that they air their special after that. I think too many people (myself included) would be upset if they chose to reschedule AR for another day/time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jase said:

CBS has a 2-hr episode of ‘Amazing Race’ scheduled for tonight, so my guess is that they air their special after that. I think too many people (myself included) would be upset if they chose to reschedule AR for another day/time.

That is probably true because KDKA said during their 5pm newscast that CBS will be on at 10. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The NEWS division of FoxNews really did a good job last night. They called states early, accurate and their new probability tracker. All accurate. I was impressed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS scrapped the double episode of ‘Amazing Race’ and instead is airing ‘SWAT’ at 8/9P. Not sure why they didn’t just start their special early.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume there will be additional wall to wall network coverage today and this evening (primetime). With NV and AZ potentially being called today, the election could be Biden's and I'm sure there are a lot of packages "in the can," as they say. Today and tomorrow will be interesting for network TV news.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FiveNews said:

I assume there will be additional wall to wall network coverage today and this evening (primetime). With NV and AZ potentially being called today, the election could be Biden's and I'm sure there are a lot of packages "in the can," as they say. Today and tomorrow will be interesting for network TV news.

Fox has Thursday Night Football and ABC has the Bachelorette. I doubt either network will be willing to preempt those not to mention the pushback they would get on social media if they did

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Salter JR said:

Fox has Thursday Night Football and ABC has the Bachelorette. I doubt either network will be willing to preempt those not to mention the pushback they would get on social media if they did

 

Fox can redirect viewers to NFL Network until any SR they do ends.

 

Unless Joe Buck wants to pull a Cosell and announce the winner in-game. 

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

 

Fox can redirect viewers to NFL Network until any SR they do ends.

 

Unless Joe Buck wants to pull a Cosell and announce the winner in-game. 

i would not be surprised if the NFL told FOX "you have a contract with us, air the game, you can do a news update at halftime if there are new developments"

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, David Salter JR said:

i would not be surprised if the NFL told FOX "you have a contract with us, air the game, you can do a news update at halftime if there are new developments"

You would think/hope there is a clause in the contract for "Breaking News"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GodfreyGR said:

You would think/hope there is a clause in the contract for "Breaking News"

even if there is, it likely only covers national emergencies like war or terrorism. A disputed presidential election would not likely be covered under such a clause

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

 

Unless Joe Buck wants to pull a Cosell and announce the winner in-game. 

For a year as bizarre as 2020, this sounds about right (fingers crossed!)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I think Buck will come out and say, "Joe Biden will be the next president", or "Donald Trump will be reelected president". It would be interesting to have a non-journalist report the news.

 

As I said, it's happened before with Howard Cosell announcing John Lennon's death during Monday Night Football.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

Decision Desk HQ has projected that Joe Biden has 273 electoral votes and has won the Presidency.

 

NBC and CBS are running special reports.

Huh?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.