Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
johnnya2k6

Election Night 2020 coverage plans?

Unfortunately, Sinclair threw down the gauntlet by skewing right, so naturally, it could cause someone to skew left.  Fox News spawned MSNBC's shift to the left.

I hope Biden doesn't do a counter-debate.  It's highly unlikely since he's got thicker skin and doesn't have the overarching compulsion to have an unfiltered suck-up-fest to his base.

Sooner or later, we'll just have the candidates buying the airtime to state their case, much like Ross Perot did in 1992.   I even remember in the 1996 election that Presidential Debates ran on several entertainment cable channels (as a time buy?) by GOP TV.   Family Channel was one of them, so Pat Robertson was probably behind it at the time.   It didn't work for Bob Dole and Clinton won another 4 years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

That’s odd. Why would they not air it? I wasn’t aware that affiliates can choose to not air network programming.

Some of them didn't air it live but also tape delayed it.

8 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Maybe Biden will make a deal with someone else, like Nexstar?

If so, it would probably be on WGN America’s NewsNation block.

And Barack Obama bought a half-hour of primetime on CBS, NBC, Fox, BET, MSNBC, and even Univision in 2008 (ABC thought Pushing Daisies was more important) convincing us to vote for him instead of John McCain...and it worked in the end.

Edited by johnnya2k6

On 10/17/2020 at 1:35 AM, GoldenShine9 said:

Maybe Biden will make a deal with someone else, like Nexstar?

I also heard that the Sinclair-owned ABC affiliates did not air the Biden town hall last night. I know KOMO and WJLA, at least, did not air it.

"!!!That's Suspicious!!! - Cardi B" I think that a clear violation of there affiliation contracts, (this is not FOX where they get option to air it O&O or not, or do your own converge, or if you're a FOX O&O and you take it but at times it can be non-mandatory), that a clear violation, unless okay by ABC they're asking for disaffiliation. And I know ABC won't say yes to preemption cause of the parent company political beliefs cause there conservative and they don't like Biden. Ad nothing aired that night except 10 o'clock for Operators. And even with that they can't have special permission to air it outside of time slot, without permission. Case they won't alternate the PST feed to air a program that supposed to air at 10 P.M. PST to 8 P.M. for Sinclair's right-wing propaganda beliefs. That would cause confusion for all other west coast stations who are following the rules, and I know ABC won't specify a special feed for them. so I wonder what was airing from them, For WJLA probably Sinclair's Right-wing propaganda programs like Boiling Pint with Eric Boiling among others. So that'll piss off executives at ABC if they find out.

I hope it over in a day or 2 and not weeks like what happen Bush VS Gore in 2000 at least no hanging chads this time around I don't get why they didn't use paper ballots during the 2000 elections. I'm not going to watch the results since all the states will be decided other than a few swing states.