Election Night 2020 coverage plans?

johnnya2k6

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBC Local X has coverage on the digital subchannels of LX (which I've never watched, but apparently is the new LXTV?) coming from the KXAS studios.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nbclx-presents-election-night-in-america-301160956.html

Beginning at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT on November 3, LX News hosts will deliver election results from the network's new virtual reality set.  NBCLX's Storytellers who are embedded in New York City, Los Angeles, Miami and Washington, D.C. will report for LX News with voters' sentiments. In addition, NBCLX's election night coverage will feature a visual artist who will live paint throughout the night. 

55 minutes ago, polyiguana said:

NBC Local X has coverage on the digital subchannels of LX (which I've never watched, but apparently is the new LXTV?) coming from the KXAS studios.

I mean, basically, but a bit more structured and focused. Here's some background:

Like its predecessor(s?), LX is only accessible on television if you live in an O&O market. Otherwise, they really try to push OTT. I didn't know what to think about whether or not it would be successful when it launched, but the SVP of LX recently spoke excitedly about its success so far, and it's also expanding beyond its Dallas home studios, so it's clearly making some headway.

9 minutes ago, freelanceproducer said:

NBC News will be used a significantly updated Today Show Studio 1A for election night. Here is a preview from Meet the Press this morning: https://www.newscaststudio.com/2020/11/01/nbc-news-election-hq-debut-2020/

meet-the-press-pre-2020-election-production-area.jpg

meet-the-press-pre-2020-election-video-wall.jpg

meet-the-press-pre-2020-election.jpg

Those highly reflective floors are a big turn off.

Despite broadcasting from headquarters this Tuesday night, ABC News has also gussied up the 2nd floor of Times Square for election coverage. I'd imagine GMA will originate from this space on Tuesday and Wednesday, and possibly much of their digital content.

On 10/30/2020 at 5:25 AM, Roadrunner said:

I mean, basically, but a bit more structured and focused. Here's some background:

Like its predecessor(s?), LX is only accessible on television if you live in an O&O market. Otherwise, they really try to push OTT. I didn't know what to think about whether or not it would be successful when it launched, but the SVP of LX recently spoke excitedly about its success so far, and it's also expanding beyond its Dallas home studios, so it's clearly making some headway.

LX is actually available here in Columbus, OH on Channel 17 here in town. It is not a full power signal but it is available outside of the NBC O&O Stations.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, GoldenShine9 said:

I'd expect the obvious states (i.e. California, New York, Oklahoma, West Virginia) to be called right away. But otherwise I think they will wait - and it could be a long wait.

I think we all know who's going to win CA and NY, but who usually gets OK, WV?  Just asking, not trying to start something.

NN starts at 6 tomorrow, wonder if they go overnight if needed?

On 10/29/2020 at 6:38 PM, Georgie56 said:

And here's FNC.

Bret Baier and Martha McCallum are anchoring on FNC, Sandra Smith and Trace Gallagher are heading coverage on Big Fox.

Wonder why Big FOX isn't just airing Bret and Martha, their both worthy of Special Reports on Big FOX I would think...

Wonder why Big FOX isn't just airing Bret and Martha, their both worthy of Special Reports on Big FOX I would think...

I think FOX did it in Election 2000. They simulcasted on All FOX affialtes and of course 9/11 Fox Affialtes simulcasted FOX News Channel for 6 days + FOX News Sunday extended hour. Now I agree cause I remember Election Night 2016 my FOX Station WRAZ in Raleigh aired it the first two-hour on prime time but after the WRAL 10PM News, they didn't continue with it I think all FOX stations regardless, of a local news operation or not or outsourced to another FOX station they should air FOX Special Coverage too a full capacity, since unlike a FOX News Special Report it's anticipated election night coverage.

Just now, C Block said:

I'm pretty sure Fox did separate coverage in 2016 with Shep Smith on the affiliates and all the usual goons on FNC.

They did but not all FOX affialtes carried it after there 10pm newscast at least my FOX station which news is outsourced WRAL didn't. I'm gonna ask them about it and show them I have recording of them airing special reports outside of programming prime-time to expose them!!!

7 minutes ago, Gavin said:

They did but not all FOX affialtes carried it after there 10pm newscast at least my FOX station which news is outsourced WRAL didn't. I'm gonna ask them about it and show them I have recording of them airing special reports outside of programming prime-time to expose them!!!

?

They can do whatever they want. They can take the national coverage, do their own, or show reruns of Two and a Half Men.

2 hours ago, jrh1985 said:

I think we all know who's going to win CA and NY, but who usually gets OK, WV?  Just asking, not trying to start something.

Oklahoma and West Virginia are solid Republican, though the last time WV went blue was in 1996 for Bill Clinton.

6 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

The vote totals have never been completed on election night.

I think the general consensus is that no one wants this to be dragged out for days/weeks. Hopefully, it's not close (regardless of who people vote for) and we can move on from this.

Couple of quick points...

Shep is anchoring CNBCs continuing coverage of the election. My guess is he took over at the top of the hr (Midnight). 

NewsNation is still on live (via the app anyway, not sure about them being live on WGN America). Nevertheless, it’s good they’re going beyond the 6 hrs of coverage they previously announced.

24 minutes ago, jase said:

NewsNation is still on live (via the app anyway, not sure about them being live on WGN America). Nevertheless, it’s good they’re going beyond the 6 hrs of coverage they previously announced.

7. They've been on since 6pm/CT. This is hour 8 now.

No telling if they'll leave after Trump speaks......

Archived