How Long until KTLA cancels "L.A. Unscripted"?

CalItalian2

You’re forgetting about KDOC’s New Years Eve special a few years ago...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-xpm-2013-jan-07-la-et-st-jamie-kennedy-kdoc-new-years-eve-20130107-story.html%3F_amp%3Dtrue

This is probably some experimental side gig for all involved, so this might last a couple of months. 

1 hour ago, ED2 said:

You’re forgetting about KDOC’s New Years Eve special a few years ago...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-xpm-2013-jan-07-la-et-st-jamie-kennedy-kdoc-new-years-eve-20130107-story.html%3F_amp%3Dtrue

This is probably some experimental side gig for all involved, so this might last a couple of months. 

I doubt it will last a couple of months considering this is election season and there's a ton of political advertising starting to hit Los Angeles tv, which is the #1 tv political advertising market by dollars in America (in 2020).

KDOC is technically not a Los Angeles TV station despite its KDOC Los Angeles tag line. Ya, that was a disaster. But a lot more fun than this thing. 

12 hours ago, CalItalian2 said:

KDOC is technically not a Los Angeles TV station despite its KDOC Los Angeles tag line. 

Side note, let's not kid ourselves. They're catering the entire LA market. They broadcast from Mount Wilson like everyone else. They broadcast a newscast from another station in LA. Orange County is part of the LA TV market. etc. 

On 9/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, CalItalian2 said:

This has to be one of the most boring, amateur programs ever produced on Los Angeles television. It's first two nights of ratings are a disaster. 

Define ratings disaster? What was 2 1/2 Men getting rating wise compared to this? Since this is a local program, all advertising revenue goes to the station and is probably cheap to produce so it doesn't need nearly as good ratings as expensive syndicated programming like 2 1/2 Men

38 minutes ago, fan of la tv said:

Define ratings disaster? What was 2 1/2 Men getting rating wise compared to this? Since this is a local program, all advertising revenue goes to the station and is probably cheap to produce so it doesn't need nearly as good ratings as expensive syndicated programming like 2 1/2 Men

This fall KTLA also made its 1 p.m. newscast permanent, after billing it as a Special Edition launched to handle daily pandemic briefings.

In both cases, KTLA benefits from: getting to keep all the ad inventory (as explained above); and not having to deal with makegoods when they choose to pre-empt LA Unscripted for breaking news.

Expect this to last at least through the end of the 2020 calendar year, even if it may evolve into a more conventional newscast.

58 minutes ago, FiveNews said:

The 1pm news has been on the air for over a decade. The video I have here is from 2011. It used to be affectionately referred to as "The One O'Clocker with Glen Walker." I think you might be referring to their 12pm show....

KTLA 1pm 2011 Open

My mistake; thanks for the correction. I was thinking of the noon show.

Archived