Sandra Maas Lawsuit against KUSI

Bsean

It's a shame lawsuits like this become a long, drawn out ordeal. Based solely on the info in this article, I'd say she has a more or less open-shut case against KUSI. Just because age and gender aren't discussed doesn't mean they weren't a factor, and to be paid that much less than those who are younger, less experienced, and male is quite the slap in the face. Asking to be treated equally (i.e, pay) and being let go is pretty blatant, unless they have hard and fast proof of the things they claim.

Congratulations to Sandra, I always remembered her to have a strong presence on the San Diego airwaves. This is a huge victory towards equal pay for women and minorities. I am glad she spoke up and fought the fight, this is a common struggle for many and the dialogue should be out in the open for those in the industry. 

Would love to see her back if she's given a chance elsewhere. 

Archived