Radio station WXNX-FM has flipped formats as of Wednesday NOON. It went from an alt rock station 93X to Trump Country 93.7 airing a country music format.The station started stunting with a loop of country music Monday afternoon.
The station also has parked 93xfm.com & they have parked 93X.fm that used to be a redirect to their site.   The station is owned by Sun Broadcasting Inc. (www.sbbroadcasting.com)

http://trumpcountry937.com/is the stations official site.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=245537106796784&extid=DHT8Xj0dXUEqMDlE This is the link I first heard about the switch.  It caught many listeners off guard, and station WBBH received several emails asking about the switch. 

All politics aside, this is a risky move, especially when it involves a sitting president who is up for re-election. 

Even if it is a stunt, the implications could cause a problem with the FCC regarding political candidates, and even set off Trump's team of lawyers for mimicking his "brand" and the "Make _____ Great Again!"

Now if they've done their homework and do things "by the book", then it's a brilliant move on their part.  It would have to be like a giant PAC ad that states their responsibility for the content they are airing.

Otherwise, it's a dangerous move they've made and if they screw something up, it could be their license.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumping this thread because Trump Country is no more.  

https://www.news-press.com/story/news/local/2020/12/21/trump-country-radio-signs-off-fort-myers-93-7-fm-now-hell-yeah-wxnx-florida-country-station/3988740001/

Apparently they did run into some legal problems, and now they are Hell Yeah 93.7 and changed their call letters to WHEL.

43 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Bumping this thread because Trump Country is no more.  

https://www.news-press.com/story/news/local/2020/12/21/trump-country-radio-signs-off-fort-myers-93-7-fm-now-hell-yeah-wxnx-florida-country-station/3988740001/

Apparently they did run into some legal problems, and now they are Hell Yeah 93.7 and changed their call letters to WHEL.

“We were told we had to change the name of Trump Country,” Morris said in a voicemail message left with The News-Press. “Biden’s team contacted us, and we were afraid we’d lose our license, our license to broadcast, if we didn’t change it. So we went ahead and changed it.”

Give me a break, that's such a load of BS. I doubt Biden is concerned about branding on a radio station in SWFL.

I think it's more likely Trump's team was the one that called them to stop it. Either that or they saw the lost cause they attached the branding of their new format to and the expiration date of it.

13 hours ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

Give me a break, that's such a load of BS. I doubt Biden is concerned about branding on a radio station in SWFL.

I think it's more likely Trump's team was the one that called them to stop it. Either that or they saw the lost cause they attached the branding of their new format to and the expiration date of it.

Concur. As we see this past week, let alone weeks before, Biden has a lot of priorities to worry about some small stunt in some small town USA. Let's face it, Trump only makes money on things he want to make money out of, not vice versa. That's on brand with his 'brand'. Besides, It's not quite coincidental as businesses + associates are severing ties from a brand quite 'toxic' as of late, if not for a while, just as a nation we're going thru a chaotic transition.

Archived