WGNO — new set?

NWA_TV_guy

1 minute ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

KDVR is using the Nexstar Fox package. So is KWGN for some dumb reason. All of it is poorly rendered. You can see pixilating all over the package and the bug looks like crap.

KRON didn't debut a new graphics package.

L3's and also WX graphics

KRON just switched

Old

Weather | KRON4

New

Weather | KRON4

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is a step up for WGNO.  The set is really nice and way up there with what WWL and WDSU have.  I wonder if WVUE is looking to change theirs any time soon, it now pales in comparison.

Given the launch circumstances, it's likely a work in progress with tweaks to come in the coming days or weeks. 

It's going to take an external effort for viewers to notice these changes, so hopefully their ad buys on radio, digital and billboards are staying up there.  I did see a lot of the "News With A Twist" billboards last time I was in New Orleans (back in December, before all the craziness began...).

The set is nice, and is a wonderful improvement for WGNO! The graphics aren't too bad, either, and the new slogan, "New Orleans' Very Own," adds a nice touch! (You know, come to think of it, it's a slogan I think WGNO should have had when they were independent, pre-ABC!)

I'm with @tyrannical bastardin not being a fan of Guardian as a choice for WGNO's music package. For some reason, I feel it just doesn't fit the New Orleans market at all (although it does work for KADN/KLAF in Lafayette).......

5 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:Here’s the new logo and branding

480DF8EC-4135-4183-881B-6C9A54F85F81.jpeg

If “Aerial” could be visualized as a logo, it would be this shit. 

4 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Now the million dollar question is... are they finally in HD?

WGNO wasn’t already broadcasting in HD?

36 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

If “Aerial” could be visualized as a logo, it would be this shit. 

WGNO wasn’t already broadcasting in HD?

Nope.  they've been in Widescreen SD since 2007.  WVUE has been in HD for about the same amount of time.

Even WDSU finally went fully HD just last month.

3 hours ago, J1975am said:

The set is nice, and is a wonderful improvement for WGNO! The graphics aren't too bad, either, and the new slogan, "New Orleans' Very Own," adds a nice touch! (You know, come to think of it, it's a slogan I think WGNO should have had when they were independent, pre-ABC!)

I'm with @tyrannical bastardin not being a fan of Guardian as a choice for WGNO's music package. For some reason, I feel it just doesn't fit the New Orleans market at all (although it does work for KADN/KLAF in Lafayette).......

You know what would be interesting?

If Stephen Arnold still has the WWL package(s) available for use.  And if Nexstar has a deal with Arnold......

Over on WVUE, the old Sinclair News Package cuts are now part of U-Phonix, and they use them!!!

26 minutes ago, DesertNewsGeek said:

I have to dock them points for putting "NEWS" in Arial Bold though.  Font consistency in a graphics package matters.

That's not Arial. It's the same typeface as WGNO. And it's not Proxima Nova, either.

1 hour ago, DesertNewsGeek said:

I have to dock them points for putting "NEWS" in Arial Bold though.  Font consistency in a graphics package matters.

That’s not Arial that’s Proxima and I have the paperwork that says it is on the list. KIAH has proxima in the logo too.

Nice clean look, fresh, it’s dominance, it can comeback to the way it was kinda like how my Nexstar Station WNCN in Raleigh did it. Making the changes trying to be competitive and emerging even if they don’t change ranking ratings wise but they made noticeable gains. And have quality news product and have newscasts  at times the other news stations and give the 100% regardless who watching it great they will get noticed. It worked for WNCN so far there getting competitive and doing well in the ratings, and become more noticeable, can’t wait to see that in New Orleans!!!

On 10/28/2020 at 6:26 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

Nope.  they've been in Widescreen SD since 2007.  WVUE has been in HD for about the same amount of time.

Even WDSU finally went fully HD just last month.

WDSU been HD in network programming, but not News!!!

Archived