WGNO — new set?

NWA_TV_guy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

And how would you describe this anchor desk as looking?

image.thumb.png.f1a6f638c5daa25d06c629b302f0e822.png

Also, here's a promo with the new logo and the KOIN package:

https://vimeo.com/472811056

The anchor desk is the longer one. The one you circled is the Weather area.

Also In the promo they did it on the new set (I don't know how)

I'm glad they went with the KOIN package because at first it was

ABC26 and ABC PKG

But the KOIN Package is they're flagship package now

And Maybe KFOR maybe switching to it do to new things

So KTLA, KFOR, WDAF, KDAF, WPHL , KTXL , WBDC , WGN  that still have yet to be Nextstarized

2 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

I'm glad they went with the KOIN package because at first it was

ABC26 and ABC PKG

But the KOIN Package is they're flagship package now

And Maybe KFOR maybe switching to it do to new things

So KTLA, KFOR, WDAF, KDAF, WPHL , KTXL , WBDC , WGN  that still have yet to be Nextstarized

I find the KOIN package derivative and poorly made. I honestly don't care how much Nexstar uses Linear Drift, their design quality and attention to detail is poor.

3 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

I find the KOIN package derivative and poorly made. I honestly don't care how much Nexstar uses Linear Drift, their design quality and attention to detail is poor.

And yes KTXL and WDAF haven't been Nexstarized that is a tribune package that KTXL , WITI , and WDAF are using

I think the logo is typical Nexstar blah, the other one had some local flavor to it.   I think the supers need to be colored differently, and really look out of place with the ticker which has purple in it.

I do like the "New Orleans' Very Own" tag, as it's another nod to their sister up in Chicago.   I'm just hoping Nexstar didn't overthink this up in Irving, that's by far the worst thing they could do in New Orleans by making them more of a corporate clone.

But the way this graphic and branding was implemented, if it bombs like everything else has, switching to a "plan b" should be relatively easy especially if they have the ABC package and ABC 26 ready to go.

Since it is making it's debut as they are about to be hit to a hurricane this should be very interesting to watch.  I think they should be okay where they're at in Metairie.

I think the set is a major improvement over the last one, especially in its bastardized use.

Guardian?  Blah.

Now the million dollar question is... are they finally in HD?

And seeing this graphics package in action, are they trying to copy WWL?  The KOIN package sort of has that Tegna vibe to it.

I'll be curious to see what WVUE has up their sleeve when they replace their current graphics.

Maybe not for WGN but WGN is looking to switch to the KOIN Pkg and Change the font to proxima like the NN graphics

Poor KFOR will be getting Nexstar CBS and when they work on KXAN it looks like KXAN may be going KOIN too

2 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

But the way this graphic and branding was implemented, if it bombs like everything else has, switching to a "plan b" should be relatively easy especially if they have the ABC package and ABC 26 ready to go.

They do it's been in testing they were testing a modified version of their current graphics

Also the KOIN package (Cooprate Graphics)
And also the ABC Pkg with a new logo of ABC26

4 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I think the set is a major improvement over the last one, especially in its bastardized use.

Guardian?  Blah.

Now the million dollar question is... are they finally in HD?

Irving didn't say anything about HD they were just making this like one of the Flagships since it's a bigger market closer to DFW.

Just like with WGN someone thought they are getting the FOX PKG no they're most likely getting a new logo and also the KOIN PKG

I know a lot of us are wondering why are most of the Nexstar stations switching to KOIN well it's the package they have for the local stations that looks a lot like the NN graphics from Trioka

So Linear Drift isn't as talented and we all know that. So that makes you wonder why doesn't Nexstar make local packages with Trioka now.

Well for one Nexstar isn't as picky as TEGNA and two because it saves them money knowing they have almost 230 stations in over 115 markets. So they use what closely matches with the NN graphics and that is the KOIN pkg

18 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

I agree with you. Maybe they should work with Trioka on their next project

No! Trioka designed the News Nation package, which was a redesign of the TEGNA package which originated with an ad campaign. They push recycled designs because they don't have the staff to build any new broadcast packages in-house anymore.

1 minute ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

No! Trioka designed the News Nation package, which was a redesign of the TEGNA package which originated with an ad campaign. They push recycled designs because they don't have the staff to build any new broadcast packages in-house anymore.

That's sad. I know all of this about Nexstar too. Accordingly the new brand on Nov 1st will help them start making their own designs later next year. The projects for WGN and WGNO and even KDVR have all been delayed. But Nexstar themselves said "no one else is doing in-house graphics because of how bad KRON implemented theirs"

14 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

Maybe not for WGN but WGN is looking to switch to the KOIN Pkg and Change the font to proxima like the NN graphics

Poor KFOR will be getting Nexstar CBS and when they work on KXAN it looks like KXAN may be going KOIN too

KFOR is an NBC station.... Why are they using a CBS package?

KXAN should honestly keep what they have. It's better than any of the swill being pushed out from LD.

WGN? Really?! That would be like putting a lawnmower engine in a '65 Mustang. Either spend the money to do it right or don't change it.

1 minute ago, JohnnyNews said:

That's sad. I know all of this about Nexstar too. Accordingly the new brand on Nov 1st will help them start making their own designs later next year. The projects for WGN and WGNO and even KDVR have all been delayed. But Nexstar themselves said "no one else is doing in-house graphics because of how bad KRON implemented theirs"

PM me about KDVR... I don't know what's going on and I'd like more info.

What the heck do you mean? KRON is using their Hothaus package. Did they scrap an in-house design?

Just now, ABC 7 Denver said:

KXAN should honestly keep what they have. It's better than any of the swill being pushed out from LD.

WGN? Really?! That would be like putting a lawnmower engine in a '65 Mustang. Either spend the money to do it right or don't change it.

I'm sorry I meant NBC Pkg KFOR
KXAN yes KOIN and CW Austin ABC pkg (another weather and traffic show)

WGN yes KOIN and new logo (at the moment that's on the list)

KDAF yes KOIN and new logo like they're TX sister station in Houston (same show format)

26 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

That's all been delayed due to the pandemic

From what I know the projects have been pushed back to Late 2021 Early 2022

Oh dang. Is Troika basically going to be Nexstar's new graphics provider?

I really like all of this for WGNO, especially for the graphics and set. Points off for the generic logo, however.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

I'm sorry I meant NBC Pkg KFOR
KXAN yes KOIN and CW Austin ABC pkg (another weather and traffic show)

WGN yes KOIN and new logo (at the moment that's on the list)

KDAF yes KOIN and new logo like they're TX sister station in Houston (same show format)

Are you sure your sources are telling you the truth?

6 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

PM me about KDVR... I don't know what's going on and I'd like more info.

What the heck do you mean? KRON is using their Hothaus package. Did they scrap an in-house design?

According to the paperwork KRON's new graphics with their new set that just deebuted last week aew "IN HOUSE"

KDVR was going to take the FOX PKG and make a colorado version with the font of Gotham

And yes WGN is going to be the example each one of these stations will gradually brand as

1 minute ago, JohnnyNews said:

According to the paperwork KRON's new graphics with their new set that just deebuted last week aew "IN HOUSE"

KDVR was going to take the FOX PKG and make a colorado version with the font of Gotham

And yes WGN is going to be the example each one of these stations will gradually brand as

Wow. You've got some really good sources!

Have you heard anything about WJET/WFXP?

1 minute ago, Georgie56 said:

I really like all of this for WGNO, especially for the graphics and set. Points off for the generic logo, however.

Are you sure your sources are telling you the truth?

This is deliberately coming from Irving themselves. They're delaying a lot of stuff and with KFOR there's still a lot of factors they haven't even thought about yet

Some of the station won't be Nexstarized until after Christmas

Just now, JohnnyNews said:

KDVR is using the Nexstar Fox package. So is KWGN for some dumb reason. All of it is poorly rendered. You can see pixilating all over the package and the bug looks like crap.

KRON didn't debut a new graphics package.

Archived