DENDude

On Saturday, KSWL appeared to be running again, sending their programming to YTTV. 

It's likely not originating in Lake Charles, but it was an episode of Forensic Files with the KSWL bug on it at 5pm on Saturday.  It did flash to yellow a few times, a sign of signal issues at the headend.

KVHP ABC was in a "PSA Loop" (done by YTTV), KVHP FOX was FOXNET, and KPLC was still down.

Just checked again, KSWL is once again down.  It seems that the FOXNET feed is using a rolling sample of "New FOX" feeds (it's currently FS1) to fill the non-network hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the bump, but with Delta about to hit the same area as Laura did, it's an unprecedented situation where the same area is hit by two different storms in the same season.

I believe KPLC/KVHP is back up to "normal" operations, with the exception of their main news studio.  Everything else seems to be functioning as it did before.   I wonder if they will defer to Baton Rouge like they did during Laura?

The Lafayette stations are also wall-to-wall since the storm's landfall will occur close to their area, and with them being in the eastern quadrant of the storm.

39 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Apologies for the bump, but with Delta about to hit the same area as Laura did, it's an unprecedented situation where the same area is hit by two different storms in the same season.

I believe KPLC/KVHP is back up to "normal" operations, with the exception of their main news studio.  Everything else seems to be functioning as it did before.   I wonder if they will defer to Baton Rouge like they did during Laura?

The Lafayette stations are also wall-to-wall since the storm's landfall will occur close to their area, and with them being in the eastern quadrant of the storm.

KATC has a tough job since there are no sister stations close by to help them out, a big advantage that KLFY has (the other Nexstar stations can send more reporters to Acadiana from elsewhere in the region).

1 hour ago, GoldenShine9 said:

KATC has a tough job since there are no sister stations close by to help them out, a big advantage that KLFY has (the other Nexstar stations can send more reporters to Acadiana from elsewhere in the region).

I saw that they had a reporter from KJRH in Tulsa helping them with coverage.  But even after Scripps bought them, they are still isolated from other sister stations.  Places like Waco, San Antonio, Tulsa and Tallahassee are probably the closest markets where they have a Scripps station.

In Lake Charles, KPLC and the FOX .1 feed on KVHP is in storm coverage.  The ABC .2 feed of KVHP is carrying the NBA Finals.  KSWL is in regular programming since they lack a local news operation.

Over in Lafayette, KADN/KLAF has taken a power hit at their studios and is doing very dark and basic coverage in their studio.  The picture is breaking up likely due to internet issues at the YTTV headend.

KATC and KLFY are still wall to wall with coverage.

In Alexandria, only the NBC feed of KALB is in wall-to-wall coverage.  On KLAX ABC 31, this was the weather warning that was on screen (a very primitive crawl....EAS perhaps?)

KLAX.jpg

Archived