WRTV Debuts New Logo

LexTVandRadio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/14/2020 at 7:18 PM, Myron Falwell said:

Branding by the callsign could have worked in 2009.

And what happened to David Kaye? He sounds like he's ready to sing the Anvilania National Anthem, he's that devoid of emotion.

I think whoever it was (either Scripps or WRTV) must've made Kaye tone it down a bit.

I'm surprised when Kaye was told that he didn't walk away from doing V/O duties, I would have if somebody told me the same thing.

15 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

I think whoever it was (either Scripps or WRTV) must've made Kaye tone it down a bit.

I'm surprised when Kaye was told that he didn't walk away from doing V/O duties, I would have if somebody told me the same thing.

As a whole, Scripps presentation has gotten more "bleh" as time goes on.   The TV side is more resembling it's Newsy service, which pretty much uses warn bodies to present the news, sort of like Sinclair's failed re-launch of Circa, to try and court the almighty millennial and gen-z.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, lugnuts6 said:

As for Lansing,Michigan's WSYM FOX47 ...uhhhhhh I dont think so , I mean where would you put the YES! 

wsym scripps look.jpg

WSYM current logo looks like sister station WXMI Fox17 old logo before going to the Fox O&O logo look in 2012. Since Scripps has an agreement with the Gray TV station in Lansing I don't see them changing the logo just my opinion and I could be wrong , YES branding has been with Fox47 for decades I can't see them getting rid of it.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:55 PM, Myron Falwell said:

Probably the only way you could execute a rebrand in all this mess would be a soft launch. If the virus wasn't bad enough, it'll be all the ungodly amount of political adverts between now and the start of the November sweeps.

So I kinda get why it's this low-key.

I'm just gonna be super disappointed if they don't play off the WRTV calls to say "We aRe TV, and more!"

They won't be played off of. The only reason it was a soft launched was because they had a whole lot of hoops to jump through before they could launch it. It's several months late (more than half a year).

7 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

Well, it's literally the same open as every other Scripps station. What did you expect?

Exactly! I think if Scripps could, they'd drop all of their branding and marketing entirely.

14 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

They won't be played off of. The only reason it was a soft launched was because they had a whole lot of hoops to jump through before they could launch it. It's several months late (more than half a year).

Exactly! I think if Scripps could, they'd drop all of their branding and marketing entirely.

They could always go back to being "THE NEWS", but that title is more suited for a WTOC-like station that has dominated its competition since the beginning of time.

Apparently, It was a McGrawHill thing between them and KMGH..any others too?

WRTV-NewsTonight83 image.png.5c6d3f0c79d221f596e4c824c3a39fa8.png

26 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

They could always go back to being "THE NEWS", but that title is more suited for a WTOC-like station that has dominated its competition since the beginning of time.

WRTV-NewsTonight83 image.png.5c6d3f0c79d221f596e4c824c3a39fa8.png

It'd be hard to use that title today for all sorts of social media and SEO reasons.

18 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I feel like for the past 15 years or so, they've gone back and forth between two titles for their newscasts. It's either been "The News on RTV6" (most recent just before this refresh) or "6News." I suspect (as Samantha hinted at), "The News" won't ever be coming back. I also think that 6News probably won't either any time soon, due to downplaying the 6 and because WTHR rebranded to 13News.

Archived