WRTV Debuts New Logo

LexTVandRadio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, PhillyWatch said:

That font looks like it would blow right off the page in a stiff breeze...

The font looks like it went into atrophy from all the gyms being closed during the pandemic.

It’s bad... and what makes it even worse is that huge space & line between the call letters and the abc logo.  It kind of shouts out... “Yup... we are an abc affiliate, but we try to distance ourselves from them.”  Lol!

7 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

What does the bug look like at the bottom right? 

The old logo would've worked just fine. It's scripps friendly. Blue and white.  

6RTV.jpg.8ce69c48ee04401084244d650d4b2a34.jpg

Just hope this doesn't make it's way to Lexington  😉 🤣

wlex.png.49365f7a0305315af71729f333031f01.png

I'm honestly surprised Scripps, in all of it's infinite wisdom, hasn't force all of their stations into a logo mandate across the board -> KLLS | Affil.

Speaking of the new logo (and the old one), they uploaded the 5pm to their YouTube channel. They had the main version of the logo at the beginning of the teaser of headlines, and they went with the variant without the ABC logo at the end of the open. Lastly, the old bug still remains:

The version of the logo that they're using on the mic flags and other stuff (non website) uses the 3D version of the ABC logo, not the 2D one.

As compared with the bug seen in above video, the new bug is here: 

image.thumb.png.74d7c6cde46f6f63089341453c1dad21.png

Well, it looks cleaner than it was before, but certainly boring. The 'WRTV' being so close to the top of the lower third also makes me... uncomfortable (like it almost looks like it's cut off).

A little off topic, but 2020 has not been kind to the visual look of Indianapolis TV.  It used to be one of my favorites, with each station having its own unique looks.... But now...bleh.

- WRTV: Old Scripps >> New Scripps

- WTHR: Custom Dispatch Package with The Tower >> TEGNA look

- WISH: Strong Nexstar look remains

- WTTV: Cruddy in-house look >> Nexstar CBS rip-off package (that’s a rip-off of the Tribune CBS graphics that originated at WTTV)
- WXIN: Decent Trib Fox Look that still looked good after 5 years >> Cheap Nexstar Fox Package 

2 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

A little off topic, but 2020 has not been kind to the visual look of Indianapolis TV.  It used to be one of my favorites, with each station having its own unique looks.... But now...bleh.

- WRTV: Old Scripps >> New Scripps

- WTHR: Custom Dispatch Package with The Tower >> TEGNA look

- WISH: Strong Nexstar look remains

- WTTV: Cruddy in-house look >> Nexstar CBS rip-off package (that’s a rip-off of the Tribune CBS graphics that originated at WTTV)
- WXIN: Decent Trib Fox Look that still looked good after 5 years >> Cheap Nexstar Fox Package 

Ironically, the WTTV Nexstar CBS ripoff was created by the same company that created the CBS O&O look.

43 minutes ago, TennTV1983 said:

I'm not gonna lie. That new WRTV logo is generic as Hell. It's like they saw what WKYC did with their logo and decided "We wanna do something like that, but without the number and the circle."

This is a corporate mandate, just like the package.

1 hour ago, Devon said:

This is sad, I went to YouTube to look up WRTV and at the top is a channel of a High School whose abbreviations happen to be WRTV.  Other than the Mascot they look almost indistinguishable.

wrtv2.jpg

HAHA I went there too and thought this isn't the TV station.  I may send a message to them. 

14 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

This is a corporate mandate, just like the package.

Then why was a station like WFTS able to keep their punchy "ACTION NEWS" logo? Up until now it looks like the only mandate regarding logos was that a white variant needed to be created (see also KNXV, KGTV)

WFTS.PNG

16 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

Agreed and a few more thoughts: 

• WRTV: I didn't like the most recent 'rtv6' logo, but the one up-thread (blue, inline 6, in a box) was decent enough in a vintage sort of way. The various Scripps graphics were functional, but nothing to get excited about (I liked the 2007-era graphics that were "inspired" from WLS).
  • WTHR: Old everything was excellent, flexible, and they had used the Tower so long, it sort of became theirs after the O&Os dropped it.
  • WISH: Gets a pass only because that package was designed for it, then spread to other Nexstar stations.
  • WTTV: Haven't liked anything graphics-wise since it became a CBS station, but don't really think about it either.
  • WXIN: After plenty of mediocre Tribune Fox graphics packages, the most recent was really good and the Nexstar one is close enough that some people won't notice, but just isn't as good.

3 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

Then why was a station like WFTS able to keep their punchy "ACTION NEWS" logo? Up until now it looks like the only mandate regarding logos was that a white variant needed to be created (see also KNXV, KGTV)

WFTS.PNG

Would the ABC action news branding work in Indy? 

Tegna called...they want their logo back.

I guess they're afraid of sinking into "6th" place....

They should have taken a cue from WCPO, since "9" and "6" are essentially the same.

23 hours ago, RCA TK47 said:

It’s bad... and what makes it even worse is that huge space & line between the call letters and the abc logo.  It kind of shouts out... “Yup... we are an abc affiliate, but we try to distance ourselves from them.”  Lol!

Social distancing!  Maybe they'll fix it next year🤣

38 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Tegna called...they want their logo back.

I guess they're afraid of sinking into "6th" place....

They should have taken a cue from WCPO, since "9" and "6" are essentially the same.

Social distancing!  Maybe they'll fix it next year🤣

Hahaha, yeah really. Just flip it around.  

It's not a UHF channel. I would get that. Not like channel is 36, 46 or 56 (all lexington channels, we must love our 6's here). It's 6.

Archived