KNBC - NBC 4 News (Los Angeles) Thread

Roadrunner

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Devin said:

Who is the anchor f the new 3pm newscast?

I only saw Monday's show, and Michael Brownlee was solo. The weekend evening meteorologist gave the forecast, but I don't know if that'll be split duties, like 11am, or if someone else was off.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CalItalian2 said:

KNBC is going all out for Romero. Look at how extensive they listed how to connect to Today in L.A. 

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/how-to-watch-lynette-romero-on-nbc4s-today-in-la/3001241/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_LABrand

A little thirsty on KNBCs part, but I get it. Taking advantage of the moment. Let's see if Lynette and Adrian can lead Today in LA back to the ratings dominance similar to the Kent and Kathy era.

• Like 1

Yeah I’m not seeing this is as any more thirsty as anything else prompted by local news. This is a huge get for them. I believe KABC has had a recent morning anchor change too? KCBS and KTTV are changing. This is a great moment for KNBC to capture some wins.

Side note, their set is easily the worst in the NBC O&O line. It has a dark hue to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on Lynette’s settling in at Today in LA? I’m happy for her but KNBC is such a different product than KTLA. A little more boring if you will. It’s a very stiff and corporate newscast. I like what Lynette brings but it’s odd seeing her be the less buttoned up one on a show compared to the cast she worked with at KTLA. In time things will gel better.

I agree. Watched a few episodes of Today in LA when Lynette took over. It seems like the Today in LA cast is trying to be more like KTLA- personality driven. It doesn't work with the cast currently constructed...comes across as a little fake. I hope they gel in the coming weeks and the growing pains can be worked out. 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 10:07 PM, FiveNews said:

I agree. Watched a few episodes of Today in LA when Lynette took over. It seems like the Today in LA cast is trying to be more like KTLA- personality driven. It doesn't work with the cast currently constructed...comes across as a little fake. I hope they gel in the coming weeks and the growing pains can be worked out. 

thought I was the only one that noticed that!