NewsNOW from FOX

C Block

Fox NewsNow, the sprawling livestream that's produced from KSAZ, has had a slight rebrand this week to NewsNOW from FOX. The logo and graphics have been cleaned up, and it's now streaming on YouTube in addition to coronavirusnow.com. Some of the secondary stations are also now simulcasting the stream for 1-2 hours every day.

The content is still the same (live and looped press conferences with taped zoom interviews from various O&O anchors sprinkled in), but a number of new positions have opened up in Orlando.

https://www.coronavirusnow.com/

They gave the channel its own YT page; previously it had been using KSAZ's. There seems to be an effort to decouple the stream from KSAZ specifically, though it sometimes has covered some news events that might not be on there if not for Arizona.

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, zeebre12 said:

I see NewsNow from Fox has launched as a linear channel on Tubi. Is this Fox's version on CBSN/ABC News Live or what really is it? Can't see must online about it?

That is basically it. It's produced out of several O&Os (Phoenix plus Orlando and LA — it started in Phoenix) and has a more "Fox local news" focus than, say, FNC. The link in my post above is very much worth reading, but this is the most important background part.

But Fox Soul was actually predated by another Fox effort, the multiplatform NewsNow feed produced out of its Phoenix station, KSAZ. NewsNow was initially launched in November 2014 at the dawn of the streaming age and, as such, can’t accurately be described as a solely OTT initiative. It’s initial remit, Abernethy says, was to be a simple and straightforward digital video product.

“I challenged my stations to do a newscast with one or two people,” he says. That project began in Phoenix with a single person on camera running the switcher themselves and essentially deejaying local feeds, with the “DJ” also punning on the digital journalist running the service.

“It was an attempt to do a kind of web-based, low-cost local news service,” Abernethy says. “Fast forward to pre-corona, we were up to a million YouTube subscribers.”

I vividly remember an almost identical concept much earlier, specifically an on-air presenter that functioned almost as a "disk jockey" jumping back and forth between different video sources... e.g. "I see we have something going on in Milwaukee, let's jump over to that now..." I'm almost positive that it wasn't NewsNow. It was something like "onlinenewsstreams" or "livenewsstreams" or something like that. I think it was around the era that WITI was previously a FOX O&O, which would put it prior to 2007. Am I imagining this?

9 minutes ago, LoadStar said:

I vividly remember an almost identical concept much earlier, specifically an on-air presenter that functioned almost as a "disk jockey" jumping back and forth between different video sources... e.g. "I see we have something going on in Milwaukee, let's jump over to that now..." I'm almost positive that it wasn't NewsNow. It was something like "onlinenewsstreams" or "livenewsstreams" or something like that. I think it was around the era that WITI was previously a FOX O&O, which would put it prior to 2007. Am I imagining this?

"LiveNewsCameras.com" 

Fox ran that site, at a time not alot of stations streamed newscasts from their own websites yet.

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

"LiveNewsCameras.com" 

Fox ran that site, at a time not alot of stations streamed newscasts from their own websites yet.

That was it! (BTW: don't go to that domain now, it's an ad farm)

Archived