KRON new set, graphics, music coming

sfomspphl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all beat me! As long as they keep the Golden Gate Bridge stylized "4," I approve! IMO, I don't think KRONs current set is that bad, but I guess Nexstar thinks otherwise. I know KRON/KGO operate completely separate from each other, but don't forget they occupy the same building at 900 Front St. in SF. 

I mean their set was decent and a huge upgrade when they moved from Van Ness to Embarcadero. I mean if they added a monitor wall behind the anchors instead of that durations that would be a simple refresh.

hopefully it’ll be better.

Figured something had to be up when I turned on KRON last week (for the first time in probably over a year!) and saw both anchors fronting the 9pm show from opposite sides of the newsroom. The FX set they've had since moving to 900 Front is fine, but all those textured panels caused it to quickly look rather dated. I'm sure the meatball 4 logo will remain.

KRON was occasionally using some (unlicensed?) cuts of either This is the Place or Aerial (can't remember) in promos last year, so I'm sure they'll go with something along those lines. This second coming of Instant Classics has been around for 14 years now, way beyond its useful life. Time for something new. 

I mean the set was pretty shitty, and had a lot to be desired the graphical print behind the anchors was trash, I will say it almost made the background look like a monitor, but it would’ve been obvious as a monitor. The red led lights with it made more desirable more look-alike that It was a monitor but with how stale it was and I knew it was printed graphic look square lit would’ve made it look great even better if it had been a monitor, to it but yeah. It was decent but had a lot to be desired like monitors that duration would’ve look great as a seamless monitor with the red ribbon line would’ve made it pop.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we're not supposed to take Rich seriously but when he said "....goodbye to that awful 80's K-TEL music and on that front alone, hallelujah" re: Instant Classics, i'm like, bitch please, K-Tel wished it sounded as good as IC, even when KRON's own outlived its useful life, instead of simply an artifact of a worn down discotheque. Have some seats, please. *End rant* 

Oh, and Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. Just saying.

18 hours ago, SFTV said:

Remnants of the old set will be donated to Academy of Art SF.

I'm pretty sure they have the old KRON set from 1001 Van Ness, too. Never quite understood a private art school journalism program, but good for them! 

22 minutes ago, caliwxdude said:

I'm pretty sure they have the old KRON set from 1001 Van Ness, too. Never quite understood a private art school journalism program, but good for them! 

That's a shame. Academy of Art is a for-profit college that is nothing but a scam. They need no charity.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Ex-students-blame-for-profit-Academy-of-Art-15061438.php

• 3 weeks later...

I think Aerial's also a little weird here but the cut they use is a little more fast-paced. But in a re-sync someone conjured up on YouTube, they fit a particular Guardian cut with KRON that I thought sounded pretty good. I know Guardian is overexposed nationwide but hasn't been deployed in the Bay before, so it probably could've worked. But I'll admit to being a bit of a radical here and just wish NBC was on channel 4 instead -- probably will never happen again, but one can wish. 

4 hours ago, TheRyan said:

I don't think that cut of Aerial fits them too well.  It's too understated for a DMA as large as San Francisco.

It's like Nexstar did a marketing review of the DMA and then said fuck it and went with the cheapest thing they could thing of! Aerial is now 10 years old and still quite bland.

Archived