2020 NFL Season

Georgie56

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

CBS Sports has lost the picture to the Miami@Buffalo game & have dumped the viewers to the Denver@Pitsburgh game according to what the announcers for the Denver game just said.  Technical Difficulties due to loss of picture is how it was described on air.

34 minutes ago, DENDude said:

CBS Sports has lost the picture to the Miami@Buffalo game & have dumped the viewers to the Denver@Pitsburgh game according to what the announcers for the Denver game just said.  Technical Difficulties due to loss of picture is how it was described on air.

Can't be an NFL season now without at least one power knockout for a Florida team's home game (since this happened last year in Jacksonville). 🤷🏽‍♀️

So I guess tonight is a very special night for ABC.

Fifty years ago, ABC aired its very first Monday Night Football game on September 21, 1970. It was between the New York Jets & the Cleveland Browns.

To commemorate this milestone, the network is simulcasting tonight's ESPN's MNF game between the New Orleans Saints and the Las Vegas Raiders, from the new Allegiant Stadium.

This is the first time in almost 15 years the Alphabet has carried the marquee football game.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, danderson500 said:

My TV guide has updated to include the Patriots-Chiefs game instead of local news on WSPA.

Same here, with WFRV. I'm legitimately surprised that WFRV is allowed to air the game, with the Packers being the actual... (original?) Monday night game.

A more interesting situation would have been if WFRV or WMAZ had the rights to air Packers/Falcons MNF locally and what they would have done with Chiefs/Pats. (WLUK-FOX and WSB-ABC each have the rights, in case you were curious.)

3 hours ago, hfiles said:

Same here, with WFRV. I'm legitimately surprised that WFRV is allowed to air the game, with the Packers being the actual... (original?) Monday night game.

A more interesting situation would have been if WFRV or WMAZ had the rights to air Packers/Falcons MNF locally and what they would have done with Chiefs/Pats. (WLUK-FOX and WSB-ABC each have the rights, in case you were curious.)

And WISN-TV in Milwaukee (Green Bay has a dual-market setup). I don't think either station is perturbed at the NFL or CBS; it's a completely different conference game, so it's of little interest to Green Bay or Atlanta viewers anyways.

6 minutes ago, detroiter313 said:

When was the last time a Monday Night game has aired other than ABC (1970-2005) or ESPN (2006-present)?

Giants/Vikings in 2011 after the Metrodome roof collapse moved that game to Detroit; Fox stations in New York state and Minnesota carried the game.

NFL should’ve went with a 12-game schedule (eliminating inter conference games) and scheduled multiple bye weeks instead. Also, since next week’s Thursday game (KC-Buffalo) is likely being bumped to Sunday, they should move next week’s Green Bay-Tampa Bay game from Sunday 10/18 up three days to Thursday 10/15, since Green Bay has off this week and Tampa Bay played this Thursday, so both teams will be well rested.

CBS has turned over Broncos/Patriots game to ESPN (Locally in Denver it will air on KTVD-My20 & in Boston it will air on WCVB 5 abc) and the game will now air Monday afternoon instead of Tuesday night according to ESPN.

7 hours ago, DENDude said:

CBS has turned over Broncos/Patriots game to ESPN (Locally in Denver it will air on KTVD-My20 & in Boston it will air on WCVB 5 abc) and the game will now air Monday afternoon instead of Tuesday night according to ESPN.

When they announced the schedule changed, Broncos/Patriots was announced for Monday afternoon/ESPN. It was never announced for Tuesday night/CBS, perhaps you’re getting confused with Bills/Titans?

Archived