WXII New set

LexTVandRadio

Looks like Devlin is working on the set for WXII per the article.

I suspect it'll be something similar to some of the sets other Hearst stations have gotten (i.e. KOCO, WVTM, KOAT)

On 7/23/2020 at 7:31 PM, CLT-DCA-ORF-PTI said:

Awesome. I feel like they have had the same set since I was in college (back in like 05-06) so it is definitely about time. Glad to see they went the local route like WGHP!

Even further than that... it debuted on 9/11.

Here's the story on the new set... just unveiled on the noon newscast: https://www.wxii12.com/article/winston-salem-north-carolina-wxii-coronavirus-anchor-set/33300403#

And here's the promotional video:

44 minutes ago, TennTV1983 said:

Free Lance Staging usually does a lot of contractual work for BDI on their set builds. I wonder if this was the first time they've been contracted to do a build on Devlin's behalf.

Great observation...  This was our first project with DDG and thankfully our friends at WXII were keen on having us involved as the work was much appreciated during these times...  I hope everyone likes the set!

6 hours ago, FLS NC said:

Great observation...  This was our first project with DDG and thankfully our friends at WXII were keen on having us involved as the work was much appreciated during these times...  I hope everyone likes the set!

I sure do! Great job guys, and welcome to TVNT!

11 hours ago, capsgm2002 said:

Even further than that... it debuted on 9/11.

Here's the story on the new set... just unveiled on the noon newscast: https://www.wxii12.com/article/winston-salem-north-carolina-wxii-coronavirus-anchor-set/33300403#

And here's the promotional video:

3 things:
1. That set is so nice.

2. Crazy to think that their old set got debut on the day of the 9/11 attacks

3. I gotta stop reading Facebook comments.

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

What was there temporary setup like? The teaser made it look like it was in its own studio but the construction area showed its the open newsroom.

Looks like they used a green screen for a lot of their newscast. 

XII12.thumb.jpg.9c1893cf62a399cdb428f629358e51ce.jpg

11 hours ago, AaronQ said:

3 things:
1. That set is so nice.

2. Crazy to think that their old set got debut on the day of the 9/11 attacks

3. I gotta stop reading Facebook comments.

1. No doubt that it's a tremendous upgrade.

2. That surprised me as well. They made changes here and there throughout the years but it was largely the same set for nearly 20 years. I'm thinking it debuted the morning of the attacks, I can't imagine rolling it out at night.

3. aBoG0zlW_700w_0.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2020 at 11:07 AM, TennTV1983 said:

Free Lance Staging usually does a lot of contractual work for BDI on their set builds. I wonder if this was the first time they've been contracted to do a build on Devlin's behalf.

Yes it was, and they did a fantastic job!!!

On 7/30/2020 at 12:11 PM, capsgm2002 said:

1. No doubt that it's a tremendous upgrade.

2. That surprised me as well. They made changes here and there throughout the years but it was largely the same set for nearly 20 years. I'm thinking it debuted the morning of the attacks, I can't imagine rolling it out at night.

3. aBoG0zlW_700w_0.jpg

They did roll it out a night... of Sept. 11 there video of them talking about and it shows a Clío of there now old set which was a newsroom set. Telling viewers were working on the latest of the 9/11 attacks...

Archived