2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

On 6/24/2021 at 9:25 AM, ScottJ said:

Deadline has some information about You Bet Your Life. Most stations will be airing it between 5pm and 8pm, so decent clearances it seems, and about 80% of the 190 markets that have picked it up will have double runs.

As for the groups that have picked it up (not sure if this was already known):

Since FOX O&Os signed on to YBYL, it will be on either Q13 or JoeTV in Seattle in one of those early-evening timeslots.

But Sinclair also reached a deal to air the show on their stations, and I know that KIMA has never scheduled game shows at prime access (and likely never will). I'm about 75% sure KIMA will air YBYL, and I'm about 75% sure it will be aired at noon in between the soaps (just like Funny You Should Ask and Celebrity Name Game recently, as well as other game shows in the '80s and early '90s). Prior to CNG, KIMA used the noon slot for an encore of Inside Edition from the previous day, and before that, aired CNN Headline News for about 10 years.

On 7/4/2021 at 9:04 PM, Megatron81 said:

I think CW7 will have to add a lot of new shows in the fall as MGM is getting out of the court show business Lauren Lake heading to Byron Allen ES for 2022 court show and Couples Court along with Jerry Springer show unless they will air repeats after CW day time ends in Sep. Maybe they take some shows from the rivals I don't which they will take thou and I'm not going to guess will find out come the fall.

Eww. Lauren Lake's show will really be 'fictional' now. It will be interesting to see what happens in fall '22 when Maury goes bye bye. Many Fox and netlet stations have aired Maury's 'trash run' for at least 15, more likely 20 years.

Also, I wonder what will happen with stations that had Judge Judy? She'll probably have reruns, but will they be demoted from current timeslots? KIRO and KIMA both have Judge Judy at 4:00 and 4:30. I've got a feeling that KIMA may upgrade Kelly Clarkson to that coveted news lead-in timeslot. She has a personality just like Ellen DeGeneres and Ellen is wrapping her show up at the end of next season (she has aired on KNDO for many years).

No information yet on Nick Cannon's show or where Young Sheldon is going. Looks like it was sold to Cox, so it may end up on KCYU. I don't know if it got sold to Sinclair stations as well. I still think news/YS/BBT/Simpsons would be a kick-a$$ 6-8PM lineup on KIMA come the fall.

And as for KIRO, is 'KIRO 7 News at 4' coming?

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

Just saw a promo for Young Sheldon on WPHL. No timeslot was given, but it will premiere on September 27. 

Makes sense for PHL17 to air it since they have BBT.

That and they are Nexstar. This screenshot from WMYT’s promo didn’t say that it was starting September 27. I got it from my iPad watching Locast. If it did, I didn’t catch it. It only said it was airing 5 days a week (it cuts off “Friday”). I still think WMYT will air it on weekends too, Katz says it will have a weekend double run, WJZY could be picking up the weekend runs but I doubt seriously that happens because of sports.

55 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

or where Young Sheldon is going. Looks like it was sold to Cox, so it may end up on KCYU

That’s why I thought there was a chance it could be going to WAXN but Big Bang is on WMYT so it fits the best on there.

F0E56147-CDE9-4DEF-B72A-EAC851212DA0.png

10 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

That and they are Nexstar. This screenshot from WMYT’s promo didn’t say that it was starting September 27. I got it from my iPad watching Locast. If it did, I didn’t catch it. It only said it was airing 5 days a week (it cuts off “Friday”). I still think WMYT will air it on weekends too, Katz says it will have a weekend double run, WJZY could be picking up the weekend runs but I doubt seriously that happens because of sports.

That’s why I thought there was a chance it could be going to WAXN but Big Bang is on WMYT so it fits the best on there.

F0E56147-CDE9-4DEF-B72A-EAC851212DA0.png

Yeah, that's the same promo I saw (although not with the WMYT logo of course).

I wonder if the stations that air both BBT and YS will pair them or air them separately? I think it would make sense to air YS before BBT since it would be chronologically correct. Currently, WPHL airs a BBT double run at 6:30 pm. They could probably cut it down to one run at 7:00 and air YS at 6:30. 

Just now, phillynewslover said:

Yeah, that's the same promo I saw (although not with the WMYT logo of course).

I wonder if the stations that air both BBT and YS will pair them or air them separately? I think it would make sense to air YS before BBT since it would be chronologically correct. Currently, WPHL airs a BBT double run at 6:30 pm. They could probably cut it down to one run at 7:00 and air YS at 6:30. 

I could see WMYT moving Judge Mathis and People’s Court up to 4 and 5 and putting YS at 6 and 6:30, followed by BBT at 7 and 7:30 (with Two and a Half Men swapping places with BBT and moving to 9 and 9:30). I think WJZY will put YBYL at 7 and 7:30 and put their run of BBT at 11:30 after Charlotte Sports Live. Two and a Half Men is supposed to be starting another cycle so it could end up on another station so if that happens YS could end up at 7 instead of 6. 

1 hour ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Apparently Nick Cannon will be going to CW+ per a poster on RadioDiscussions, so we'll get it on KIMA/KEPR-DT2. 

That poster said it will be airing at 5:00 pm Central. A Family Guy double run currently occupies that slot.

Unrelated to that, but, will a 2021-2022 Syndication News thread be created? It's been almost a year since this thread was made. Wondering if this would be a "general" thread that won't be allowed soon. 

Just now, phillynewslover said:

Unrelated to that, but, will a 2021-2022 Syndication News thread be created? It's been almost a year since this thread was made. Wondering if this would be a "general" thread that won't be allowed soon. 

It’s about time. It was created on the other board a few months ago.

9 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

I could see WMYT moving Judge Mathis and People’s Court up to 4 and 5 and putting YS at 6 and 6:30, followed by BBT at 7 and 7:30 (with Two and a Half Men swapping places with BBT and moving to 9 and 9:30). I think WJZY will put YBYL at 7 and 7:30 and put their run of BBT at 11:30 after Charlotte Sports Live. Two and a Half Men is supposed to be starting another cycle so it could end up on another station so if that happens YS could end up at 7 instead of 6. 

UPDATE: Well you can throw that out the window. YS will also be on WJZY. Just saw the exact same promo on there during BBT,  expecting it to say that it was going to be on WMYT, but apparently they are splitting up the two runs between the two stations. 

I bet now that WJZY will have YS at 7 and BBT at 7:30 and will be one of the few stations to air YBYL earlier in the day, maybe paired with 25 Words or Less. If they don’t that’s what they should do. Just not sure what WMYT will pair their run of YS with. Normally stations air double runs of sitcoms. Maybe WMYT will air a run of YBYL. 

9E62B66C-7656-491A-A103-F270C50B9E76.jpeg

9 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

Is YS only going to be offering a single run? That's unique for a weekday syndie, first-run or not. The only others AFAIK are Wheel of Fortune and Ellen.

No, I just posted that WJZY will have a run and that WMYT will have a run. They are duopoly stations. I saw the same promo on both stations. It is two runs. Also WBNX is airing it at 4 and 6:30. And at 7:30 on Saturdays and 6:30 on Sundays. 

WXMI Fox17 has put Friends on at 7PM started last week and has a second EP at 12:30AM, Newsfeed is now in the graveyard at 4:30AM which the morning news is starting a half-hour later at 5AM. It has been years since since Friends has been on early access prime since 2012 when they move it to late nights and has a promo as well for the 7PM EP.

4 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

WXMI Fox17 has put Friends on at 7PM started last week and has a second EP at 12:30AM, Newsfeed is now in the graveyard at 4:30AM which the morning news is starting a half-hour later at 5AM. It has been years since since Friends has been on early access prime since 2012 when they move it to late nights and has a promo as well for the 7PM EP.

If they have a promo it might be there to stay. It has been getting better time slots in some markets. I know in Columbia, SC it got upgraded to 6 and 6:30, flipping with The Goldbergs which got bumped to 12:30 and 1am. (That doesn’t say much for The Goldbergs). WCCB where I live only airs Friends on weekend afternoons from 3-6pm. Hope it gets upgraded in the fall but if it does it would likely be on another station.

3 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

If they have a promo it might be there to stay. It has been getting better time slots in some markets. I know in Columbia, SC it got upgraded to 6 and 6:30, flipping with The Goldbergs which got bumped to 12:30 and 1am. (That doesn’t say much for The Goldbergs). WCCB where I live only airs Friends on weekend afternoons from 3-6pm. Hope it gets upgraded in the fall but if it does it would likely be on another station.

We haven't had Friends in my city since KSHV dropped it. That was around 2013-14. We don't have Seinfeld either. That was last on KPXJ and before then, it was on KSLA for about a decade. 

Idk if San Antonio still has either. I do remember KCWX showed Friends at one point. 

7 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

We haven't had Friends in my city since KSHV dropped it. That was around 2013-14. We don't have Seinfeld either. That was last on KPXJ and before then, it was on KSLA for about a decade. 

Idk if San Antonio still has either. I do remember KCWX showed Friends at one point. 

I am pretty sure no station in Charlotte has ever had Last Man Standing. 😳

WTXF is making some changes to its early afternoon schedule for Pictionary (which will debut here in about 10 minutes)

Before

12p - The Feed AT Night (repeat)

12:30p - Judge Judy

1p - 25 Words or Less

1:30p - 25 Words or Less

After

12p - The Feed AT Night (repeat)

12:30p - 25 Words or Less

1p - Pictionary

1:30p - 25 Words or Less

Gone is Judge Judy (although a double run remains at 4p). WFMZ in Allentown also airs Judge Judy at 12:30p following their noon news. 

Archived