2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

Deadline has some information about You Bet Your Life. Most stations will be airing it between 5pm and 8pm, so decent clearances it seems, and about 80% of the 190 markets that have picked it up will have double runs.

As for the groups that have picked it up (not sure if this was already known):

The game show will launch on Fox stations and has been sold in 190 markets from station groups including Sinclair, Nexstar, Scripps, Tegna, Meredith, Gray and several others.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ScottJ said:

Deadline has some information about You Bet Your Life. Most stations will be airing it between 5pm and 8pm, so decent clearances it seems, and about 80% of the 190 markets that have picked it up will have double runs.

As for the groups that have picked it up (not sure if this was already known):

That tells me WJZY will probably replace TMZ with it at 7 and maybe BBT too. 

Just saw a promo for Nick Cannon's talk show here in Philadelphia. It'll be airing on WTXF weekdays at noon. The slot is currently vacated by a rerun of their newsmagazine The Feed AT Night and a Judge Judy episode.

With news on WPVI, KYW, and WFMZ, and Days on WCAU, I'm not sure how well it will do in that slot. I also saw a promo for You Bet Your Life on the station but there was no timeslot mentioned.

That's pretty good for You Bet Your Life getting 5PM to 8PM in 80% of the country and the double run as well having Jay Leno as host helped it get the early & access prime. I hope that WXMI Fox17 gets rid of Newsfeed and puts You Bet Your Life for a full hour moving Modern Family to late night as the second airing airs at 1AM.

Pictionary starts 7/12 on the FOX O&O's.

When we had 25 Words or Less's trial run back in 2018, we only had one airing. For Pictionary, we'll have two airings, but they'll probably be the same episode.

In NYC, Pictionary airs on WNYW FOX 5 at 12:30 PM (replacing the second run of 25 Words or Less) and on WWOR My 9 at 11:00 PM (replacing the fifth of six runs of Family Feud).

I notice Hearst's expansion of newscasts has resulted in The Real mostly being dropped or demoted as of late. WTAE and WLWT dropping it tells a lot, as well as WDSU having demoted it even earlier. And I can't see Oz lasting much longer overnight in Pittsburgh before someone else gets it. 

But it's not like anyone in Pittsburgh couldn't grab both Oz and The Real anyway (although I'd expect WPCW to do it before 53 did.)

39 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

I notice Hearst's expansion of newscasts has resulted in The Real mostly being dropped or demoted as of late. WTAE and WLWT dropping it tells a lot, as well as WDSU having demoted it even earlier. And I can't see Oz lasting much longer overnight in Pittsburgh before someone else gets it. 

But it's not like anyone in Pittsburgh couldn't grab both Oz and The Real anyway (although I'd expect WPCW to do it before 53 did.)

Nexstar demoted it to just the one run on WMYT when they added the noon and 4pm news on WJZY. And they moved Dr. Oz to WMYT at the same time. The real head scratcher was doing the same thing to Kelly Clarkson. I know now at least it isn’t the only station group to demote or drop the Real and Dr. Oz.

1 hour ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

WLWT is still airing The Real at 2:00 PM. 

Young Sheldon is coming to WMYT this fall. So Charlotte was among the “top Nexstar markets” to pick it up. They just aired a promo during Modern Family. I put it on Locast to watch for it. (Braves are on TV). Thought WAXN could be getting it, especially since Nexstar also got You Bet Your Life in Charlotte. I bet someone else ended up with Nick Cannon. But WMYT does make more sense than WAXN for YS as Big Bang is already on the station. Maybe the Goldbergs do move over from WAXN next year. 

4 hours ago, Jakob said:

WLWT is still airing The Real at 2:00 PM. 

That's getting dropped from the schedule once the new newscast launches.

5 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Nexstar demoted it to just the one run on WMYT when they added the noon and 4pm news on WJZY. And they moved Dr. Oz to WMYT at the same time. The real head scratcher was doing the same thing to Kelly Clarkson. I know now at least it isn’t the only station group to demote or drop the Real and Dr. Oz.

I'll bet anything that all three are on the move. 

1 hour ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

That's getting dropped from the schedule once the new newscast launches.

Oh, i forgot about that. I wonder if The Real will move to a new station in Cincinnati?

10 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Yeah I think Kelly Clarkson could be headed to WCCB. They will have a spot open with the CW Jerry Springer reruns going away. They will need something to replace it and they will need to replace Ellen next fall anyway.

Dr. Oz would be a good fit on WAXN with The Doctors and the Dr. Phil reruns.

The Real could go to either station.

I think CW7 will have to add a lot of new shows in the fall as MGM is getting out of the court show business Lauren Lake heading to Byron Allen ES for 2022 court show and Couples Court along with Jerry Springer show unless they will air repeats after CW day time ends in Sep. Maybe they take some shows from the rivals I don't which they will take thou and I'm not going to guess will find out come the fall.

WPSG has dropped the noon rerun of Jerry Springer, replacing it with Botched (a show I didn't even know was in off-net syndication). I guess this is a sign of how they feel about The CW gives the daytime hour back to affiliates. Is Niecy Nash's show going to premiere next fall? Maybe they could air that at 1PM, since KYW doesn't have any room on their schedule. 

Just now, phillynewslover said:

WPSG has dropped the noon rerun of Jerry Springer, replacing it with Botched (a show I didn't even know was in off-net syndication). I guess this is a sign of how they feel about The CW gives the daytime hour back to affiliates. Is Niecy Nash's show going to premiere next fall? Maybe they could air that at 1PM, since KYW doesn't have any room on their schedule. 

Niecy Nash is off. The Katz spreadsheet got updated last week. Also, the Good Dish got pushed back to next fall.

1 hour ago, phillynewslover said:

WAXN has those shows too. I didn’t know Judge Jerry was going away. I have a feeling several shows will be swapped around between stations in Charlotte in a couple months. EDIT: Oh you’re referring to Jerry’s talk show.

10 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I think CW7 will have to add a lot of new shows in the fall as MGM is getting out of the court show business Lauren Lake heading to Byron Allen ES for 2022 court show and Couples Court along with Jerry Springer show unless they will air repeats after CW day time ends in Sep. Maybe they take some shows from the rivals I don't which they will take thou and I'm not going to guess will find out come the fall.

11 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

WPSG has dropped the noon rerun of Jerry Springer, replacing it with Botched (a show I didn't even know was in off-net syndication). 

Apparently Botched is a syndication test run from NBCU in several markets; here in Milwaukee, it's replacing one hour of a two-hour primetime Dateline block on WMLW.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, Nelson R. said:

Niecy Nash is off. The Katz spreadsheet got updated last week. Also, the Good Dish got pushed back to next fall.

Where do you see the Katz spreadsheet? I check their site several times a week and never seen an update.

14 hours ago, Glimmer said:

Apparently Botched is a syndication test run from NBCU in several markets; here in Milwaukee, it's replacing one hour of a two-hour primetime Dateline block on WMLW.

I don’t think Botched got picked up anywhere in Charlotte.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:26 AM, Nelson R. said:

Common Knowledge is also off.  That show seems like it's been trying to get off the ground in syndication for a long time along with The Good Dish.

22 hours ago, Glimmer said:

In the majority of markets I’m seeing running the Botched test, it looks to be replacing  second runs of other NBCU programs (mostly Dateline, but I’m also seeing Wilkos and Maury runs getting bumped for it)

Archived