2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to the Fox O&Os themselves, many of the confirmed You Bet Your Life stations are also Fox affiliates themselves (including Shreveport, Little Rock, Pittsburgh, Topeka, etc). KUSI is gonna be an affiliate as well. 

But interestingly, WTAJ, WATN and KMGH are also going to be showing it. 

2 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

In addition to the Fox O&Os themselves, many of the confirmed You Bet Your Life stations are also Fox affiliates themselves (including Shreveport, Little Rock, Pittsburgh, Topeka, etc). KUSI is gonna be an affiliate as well. 

KMGH showing You Bet Your Life shouldn't come as a surprise. Although I think that KCDO should be the one showing it.

On 6/10/2021 at 4:53 PM, Nelson R. said:

https://www.wvxu.org/post/wxix-tv-expanding-local-news-fill-judge-judy-3-pm-slot-fall

WXIX to launch 3pm news. Judge Judy reruns will remain at 2. The Goldbergs and Friends will swap time slots. 25 Words Or Less replaces Daytime Jeopardy.

So do you think many stations will air reruns of Judy? Despite it's very popular amongst senior citizens. My grandfather that his much see tv. I wonder if the FOX O&Os will

continue to air Judy or sandwich her in.  Once Oprah and Judy moved off the air waves there really isn't a new #1 syndicated show that ppl are watching.  Ellen's ratings are down and she in her final stages of her farewell season.  Drew Barrymore her show is a big snooze- the landscape of daytime tv is very, very, very lite.

1 hour ago, Breaking News said:

So do you think many stations will air reruns of Judy? Despite it's very popular amongst senior citizens. My grandfather that his much see tv. I wonder if the FOX O&Os will

continue to air Judy or sandwich her in.  Once Oprah and Judy moved off the air waves there really isn't a new #1 syndicated show that ppl are watching.  Ellen's ratings are down and she in her final stages of her farewell season.  Drew Barrymore her show is a big snooze- the landscape of daytime tv is very, very, very lite.

Oh I am sure they will. I am just not sure if WCNC will air them or if they will go to another station in the market.

7 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Source for the stations list? granted I couldn't find it on the show's website, but have there been promos out already out on TV or social posts confirmed as such? 

48 minutes ago, justin2kx said:

Source for the stations list? granted I couldn't find it on the show's website, but have there been promos out already out on TV or social posts confirmed as such? 

If you look on YouTube, a number of the stations that will air it have done interviews with Leno. And for extra bonus points, a few of of the stations I didn't list have advertisements for it on Facebook. 

5 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

If you look on YouTube, a number of the stations that will air it have done interviews with Leno. And for extra bonus points, a few of of the stations I didn't list have advertisements for it on Facebook. 

He will be on WJZY in Charlotte. 

Maybe they pair it with 25 Words or Less which really should be on WMYT but maybe they have one run of each on both stations.

12 hours ago, Breaking News said:

It sounds like (from a Facebook response or two) WITI will be going with the Judy reruns, but no word on if it’ll be in its current 3pm slot (wouldn’t shock me either way)

11 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

https://tvnewscheck.com/top-news/programming/article/fox-stations-to-test-pictionary-game-show/

Technically, this may be for next year if it's a national rollout but why the Fox O&Os for a CBS-syndicated show?

CBS handles ad sales for many of Fox’s syndicated shows, so I imagine it’s mutually beneficial for both companies 

4 hours ago, Glimmer said:

CBS handles ad sales for many of Fox’s syndicated shows, so I imagine it’s mutually beneficial for both companies 

Outside of the Fox owned stations, I would imagine the majority of the roster would consist of CBS-owned stations in whatever markets Fox isn't present (and heck, I might even argue that there may be exceptions even in that case) as well as stations that air those other famous game shows that CBS syndicates.

6 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Technically, this may be for next year if it's a national rollout but why the Fox O&Os for a CBS-syndicated show?

It really comes down to which O&O launch group has the availability to clear a show. Yes, it is odd to see a network owned show on a different network, but it isn't unprecedented. Harry Connick, Jr.'s talk show, Harry, was an NBCU owned production but was cleared on the Fox O&O stations. Given FOX has zero network programming during the day, their stations have more room to clear syndicated product. 

1 hour ago, carolinanews4 said:

It really comes down to which O&O launch group has the availability to clear a show. Yes, it is odd to see a network owned show on a different network, but it isn't unprecedented. Harry Connick, Jr.'s talk show, Harry, was an NBCU owned production but was cleared on the Fox O&O stations. Given FOX has zero network programming during the day, their stations have more room to clear syndicated product. 

I remember that. And then NBC aired it themselves where Fox didn't own a station. 

10 minutes ago, patlovestv said:

Lauren Lake's daytime one-hour project has a new name, revised format, and a fall 2022 launch date:

https://deadline.com/2021/06/we-the-people-with-judge-lauren-lake-court-series-entertainment-studios-fall-2022-syndication-1234779517/

Wasn't "We The People" the name of Gloria Allred's show at one time?

32 minutes ago, patlovestv said:

Lauren Lake's daytime one-hour project has a new name, revised format, and a fall 2022 launch date:

https://deadline.com/2021/06/we-the-people-with-judge-lauren-lake-court-series-entertainment-studios-fall-2022-syndication-1234779517/

I didn’t know it wasn’t in production. WAXN must be airing reruns then.

1 hour ago, patlovestv said:

Please let these be real cases and not just scripted. 

4 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

Wasn't "We The People" the name of Gloria Allred's show at one time?

3 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Please let these be real cases and not just scripted. 

It’s Byron Allen, what you do think?

1 hour ago, RGSJenkins said:

It’s Byron Allen, what you do think?

I already knew that but still one has to have a glimmer of hope. 

If he has the money to acquire stations, surely he would have the money to stop using fake cases on his syndicated court shows. 

And wouldn't it be cheaper to use real cases anyway? I mean, I know they don't pay the actors much in the first place but still.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:48 AM, justin2kx said:

I have seen 2 promos one was to be on the show and one promo that you see coming this fall on Fox17 in West Michigan. It's the earliest I have seen promos for fall in syndie since 10 years ago when Big Bang went to syndie in fall of 2011 on CW7 that was late May when promos started in 2011.

Archived