2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

On 5/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, Nelson R. said:

Just saw where The Goldbergs just signed on for their second cycle starting in 2022 with Nexstar which is basically the Tribune stations from when they first entered syndication in 2017. But in Charlotte I guess that means they will move to WMYT. 

Wonder why the second cycle is just three years?

22 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

https://deadline.com/2021/05/the-kelly-clarkson-show-take-over-ellen-degeneres-daytime-slot-2022-1234764605/

Just on O&O’s…not the whole country…though I could still see Kelly switching stations in Charlotte because WJZY dropped her airing when they started their noon and 4pm news and now she only airs on WMYT. Just not necessarily to WCCB. Maybe she replaces Judge Judy on WCNC? 

Not neccessarily, Nexstar is screwed in Charlotte because many of their deals cannot supercede existing syndication deals with other stations. The Goldbergs I believe airs on WAXN so they will likely remain there since the deal is already signed.  Remember Nexstar is on borrowed time with the Charlotte duo...

I'm taking bets that Kelly Clarkson will be moved back to WJZY @ 10AM (along with the Real @ 11AM or 2PM and Dr. Oz @ 11AM or 2PM) in the fall.  WJZY knows that nobody watches that low-rated nonsense on air now in the 10-11AM, 2-4PM time slots. All of the court shows, Dateline, and 25 Words or Less are pointless to air during the day on WJZY will be moved back to WMYT.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jero23 said:

Not neccessarily, Nexstar is screwed in Charlotte because many of their deals cannot supercede existing syndication deals with other stations. The Goldbergs I believe airs on WAXN so they will likely remain there since the deal is already signed.  Remember Nexstar is on borrowed time with the Charlotte duo...

I'm taking bets that Kelly Clarkson will be moved back to WJZY @ 10AM (along with the Real @ 11AM or 2PM and Dr. Oz @ 11AM or 2PM) in the fall.  WJZY knows that nobody watches that low-rated nonsense on air now in the 10-11AM, 2-4PM time slots. All of the court shows, Dateline, and 25 Words or Less are pointless to air during the day on WJZY will be moved back to WMYT.

Yeah, if Young Sheldon ends up on WAXN then The Goldbergs likely stays put on there in 2022. This article mentions Cox as one of the station groups that signed on for YS and doesn’t specifically mention any Nexstar stations. I could see WMYT not getting YS if they didn’t get The Goldbergs.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/young-sheldon-syndication-rights-sold-in-over-90-of-u-s-1234732451/#comments

I definitely would like to see Kelly, Oz and the Real moved back to WJZY.

Just saw an ad here in the Lansing-Jackson market, "Live with Kelly & Ryan" are moving to Scripps owned Fox station WSYM starting August 23rd, what is Gray owned NBC station WILX going to air to replace it

31 minutes ago, lugnuts6 said:

Just saw an ad here in the Lansing-Jackson market, "Live with Kelly & Ryan" are moving to Scripps owned Fox station WSYM starting August 23rd, what is Gray owned NBC station WILX going to air to replace it

Probably local news. Gray doesn’t like to buy syndicated programming. The only syndie program WBTV has during the week is “Funny You Should Ask” at 1:37 am

1 hour ago, lugnuts6 said:

Makes me wonder if WTVG may drop it as well in Toledo, and move to a different station.

2 hours ago, lugnuts6 said:

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

Probably local news.

WILX currently don't air midday news. It would be wise to air last two hours of Today in-pattern. Then slip one in (either 11am or Noon).

On 5/28/2021 at 8:05 PM, lugnuts6 said:

That was a huge get for WSYM Fox47 getting Live With Kelly & Ryan. I remember in 2009 when Live With Regis & Kelly moved to WWMT from WZZM which was on forever on WZZM since the early '90s when Kathy Lee was host I think Wood TV aired it for a few season in the late '80s when it was WOTV.

On 5/28/2021 at 7:36 PM, Nelson R. said:

Probably local news. Gray doesn’t like to buy syndicated programming. The only syndie program WBTV has during the week is “Funny You Should Ask” at 1:37 am

Ding! (Probably). They dropped Live on the North Dakota stations years ago for local news dubbed "ND Today" on NBC... Lots of product placement and paid content meanwhile infomercials play on the CBS sub-channel at that time.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:48 PM, DENDude said:

I wonder what most Tegna stations will replace Ellen with in 2022??

I would not be surprised if WKYC adds a 4pm newscast to replace Ellen.  The station could once again have Dr. Phil as the early news lead-in, which used to be the case when Phil was on at 5pm, right before the 6pm news.

1 minute ago, CLETVFan said:

I would not be surprised if WKYC adds a 4pm newscast to replace Ellen.  The station could once again have Dr. Phil as the early news lead-in, which used to be the case when Phil was on at 5pm, right before the 6pm news.

If they do, I cringe at the thought at what they would call it.  Or maybe they'll come to their senses by then...

22 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

If they do, I cringe at the thought at what they would call it.  Or maybe they'll come to their senses by then...

There's always these options:

3News: What's Up?

3News: What's Happening!!!

3News: What's Going On?

3News: What's Wrong

3News: What Stinks?

3News: What Sucks?

3News: What's Good?

3News: What's The Deal With...?

I saw an ad for You Bet Your Life last week on WXMI Fox17 to be on the show no time was given closer to fall is when a time will be given. Last game show Fox17 aired was Celebrity Name Game a few years ago.

Friday night I got home late and noticed that WAXN aired back to back episodes of Right This Minute at midnight and 12:30 even though the guide still said Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers and zap2it doesn’t show any schedule changes. I wonder if it had to do with the technical difficulties Cox was having late last week. 

On 6/3/2021 at 3:42 PM, patlovestv said:

KNBC is adding a 7 p.m. newscast, effective Monday 6/7. This presumably replaces ACCESS HOLLYWOOD, which would shift to 7:30 p.m. to replace the cancelled ALL ACCESS.

https://tvnewscheck.com/top-news/journalism/article/knbc-los-angeles-adding-7-p-m-newscast/

Well, you can now add the flagship to that list.

According to FTV Live, the rumours are true: WNBC's new 7:00 show starts tonight as well.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/6/7/were-doing-it-too

3 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Relying on Katz Media's NATPE preview and seeing no promotion or buzz for said shows, it it safe to assume that Niecy Nash, Good Dish and Common Knowledge are no-gos?

That guide doesn't look like it's been updated since January. The Excel sheets only show programming as they were in January.

2 hours ago, Adam MadMan said:

That guide doesn't look like it's been updated since January. The Excel sheets only show programming as they were in January.

I don't see the Excel sheets for 2021. I remember them from last year.

Archived