2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

I think some stations will have double run of You Bet Your Life just have to check local listings on that. CW7 airs a double run of 25 Words Or Less although they don't list the 11:30PM with the promos just the 5:30PM run. Not sure on Judge Judy thou.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that WJW would be airing Young Shelton since Nexstar signed Young Shelton to many of their TV stations nation wide. WBNX seems to be the first say what they are airing for syndication in the fall time.

2 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I thought that WJW would be airing Young Shelton since Nexstar signed Young Shelton to many of their TV stations nation wide. WBNX seems to be the first say what they are airing for syndication in the fall time.

I think Nexstar is going to air the program in the top markets (i.e. WPIX, KTLA & not the entire group), according to this Deadline piece. But stations from other groups have also signed on.

The series will air in top Nexstar markets along with stations from Sinclair, CBS, Hearst, Gray, Tegna, Scripps, Cox, Meredith, Graham, Weigel, Allen Media, Sunbeam, News-Press, Londen Media, Griffin, Lockwood, Morris amongst others

11 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

They must have just announced it since I didn't see it when I first went to that link. 

The one thing WJZY needs to change in this upcoming fall TV season is bringing back the Real and Doctor Oz and sending Dateline and 25 Words or Less back to WMYT.  Their daytime syndicated TV schedule has been atrocious for a major market Fox affiliate.

6 minutes ago, jero23 said:

The one thing WJZY needs to change in this upcoming fall TV season is bringing back the Real and Doctor Oz and sending Dateline and 25 Words or Less back to WMYT.  Their daytime syndicated TV schedule has been atrocious for a major market Fox affiliate.

And Kelly Clarkson

7 hours ago, jero23 said:

This should’ve been their schedule after they added the noon and 4pm news

10am Kelly Clarkson

11am Dr. Oz

Noon News

1pm The Real

2pm TMZ Live

3pm Kelly Clarkson

WMYT could’ve put 25 Words at 3 where they have Kelly Clarkson and People’s Court and Judge Mathis should’ve been reduced to the one run on there.

Hopefully in the fall they fix this. Better yet they can expand Good Day to the 9-10am hour, move Rachael Ray to 10, Dr. Oz to 2 and TMZ Live to WMYT.

On 5/3/2021 at 3:43 AM, CircleSeven said:

I think Nexstar is going to air the program in the top markets (i.e. WPIX, KTLA & not the entire group), according to this Deadline piece. But stations from other groups have also signed on.

I know most TV stations groups when they sign up for talk show, sitcoms etc, they don't sign on for the whole TV group. I wouldn't be surprised if Young Shelton is paired with Big Bang on CW7 as it will be between Nexstar or Sinclair in the West Michigan TV market just have to wait until the promos are going to air in late July or Aug.

I've mentioned this on Radio Discussions, but I would love for KIMA (CBS) Yakima to get Young Sheldon reruns. It would fit right in with The Big Bang Theory, which is on weeknights at 7 and has been for several years now. It could bump the 6:30 Inside Edition to earlier in the day when Judge Judy ends this summer. YS, BBT, Simpsons...what a prime access lineup that could be. All bets are off if CW+ gets it however...

Not sure where You Bet Your Life will go. I would assume either KIMA at noon replacing the Judge Judy rerun, or KCYU. I don't see this being a CW+ show.

And let me guess. The Doctors is still getting renewed again? Seriously, it's basically held by spit and chewing gum at this point. It only gets renewed because it's cheap filler. I'd love for it to finally ride into the sunset...

On 4/19/2021 at 1:31 PM, Newsjunkie24 said:

I'm not sure about You Bet Your Life, but Judge Judy's reruns will still be offered I believe.

Her show will be offered in reruns like Jerry Springer still is. Meaning we'll still find Judge Judy on our televisions (reruns of course) at the END of the 2020s...

If NY, LA and Chicago are the only Nexstar stations getting YS, then it would probably go to WAXN here in Charlotte because I saw Cox mentioned. If so I’d like to see the King of Queens move up to 4, Goldbergs to 5 and YS to 6, and Seinfeld to 11 where I think it would fit better but I guess they like it at 6 as a leadin to the 7:00 news produced by WSOC. I just think YS fits better on WMYT with BBT.

1 hour ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

What about American Housewife, Katy Mixon's ABC show? CMT airs reruns but I don't think that has gotten a syndication deal yet for local OTA. They are up to 103 episodes.

14 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

This is technically for fall 2022 but I've heard that the Neighborhood (which airs on CBS) is supposed to be shopped for syndication. 

AH should have got a local OTA deal this year but according to the Katz 2021 preview it is not going to until 2022. But that might actually help its chances for renewal. If it was going into OTA syndication for this year there would be no incentive to renew for that because it’s already eligible. Its Season 6 fate will be announced this week 

As for the Neighborhood yes it’s up for syndication next year too.

203D11B3-0B58-42F9-A60A-C74F1CAAD10C.png

There was a rumor that Ellen wouldn't make it past this season, so one more next year is a pleasant surprise, though I believe season 19 was the end of the current contract. I'll admit, I didn't read the article, yet.

8 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Ellen is ending next year.

After the controversy surrounding the show about its "toxic environment" last year, this doesn't at all surprise me. I can care less what Ellen does next, but she left quite a legacy in the talk show industry that can't be denied - even if she had her staff walk on eggshells carrying the load of the legacy on their backs while she got the spotlight most of the time.

I used to love watching the show when I was younger, but lost interest several seasons ago after getting negative vibes from DeGeneres' on-screen humor and antics and some running gags that got less funny as it continued. I was on the right track but never guessed about the production staff suffering mightily. I wish them well wherever they go the industry. 

While it is pretty big news, I'm not surprised - not only because of her alleged toxic workplace, but also because, according to Wikipedia, Ellen had only signed through 2022 anyway: 

On May 21, 2019, DeGeneres announced she had signed for three more years, renewing the show through 2022.

The NBC O&O's will most likely move Kelly Clarkson up to 3pm (which, if I remember correctly, was apparently being discussed over the summer), but that would still leave an empty slot... or something completely different happens. 

2 minutes ago, David Salter JR said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the NBC O&O's start 3pm newscasts as a replacement for Ellen

What are the odds other stations across the country will do the same (or do a 4p newscast if they haven't done so already)?

Just now, David Salter JR said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the NBC O&O's start 3pm newscasts as a replacement for Ellen

Was thinking that as well. WCAU here in Philadelphia does 20 minutes of commercial-free news at the start of the 4pm newscast, right after Ellen, so a 3pm newscast isn't out of the question on the O&O's. That would be the easy option if they don't have anything to replace it with/don't want to make anything. 

1 minute ago, J1975am said:

What are the odds other stations across the country will do the same (or do a 4p newscast if they haven't done so already)?

WOIO in Cleveland already does, IIRC. KABC does a half-hour 3pm as well, since they air WNT live at 3:30 Pacific. 

Archived