2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

On 2/14/2021 at 8:06 PM, ddaniels20 said:

It appears that WPVI in Philadelphia has begun airing Jeopardy! reruns Sunday afternoons at 1:30 PM. I'm not sure when they started doing this or how long it will last, but I just noticed it today on my guide. The Jeopardy! website doesn't mention anything about a Sunday airing. According to TV Passport, it will also air at that time for at least the next two weekends.

To my knowledge, this is the first time that WPVI has aired Jeopardy! on the weekends, as they do not air Jeopardy! on Saturdays, usually airing their local FYI Philly newsmagazine instead. Around 2014-2015, when WPVI changed their daytime schedule (namely expanding Action News at Noon to an hour), they had an airing of Daytime Jeopardy! at 2:00 PM, however they dropped it in 2015 in favor of FABLife.

Coming back to this, WPVI has moved Jeopardy! Weekend from Sundays at 1:30 PM to Saturdays at 1:00 PM. Though many times it will be pre-empted due to sports.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or it could just be random. Every time WABC moves J! Weekend to another slot, it's almost always different. WOF Weekend most commonly gets moved to 5:30 AM Saturday, but J! Weekend is basically just whatever's available. I've seen it air at 1:00 PM Saturday, 5:00 AM Saturday, 4:30 AM Sunday, 2:00 PM Sunday, etc. Another "On the Red Carpet" episode aired last Saturday to promote Raya and the Last Dragon, and J! aired at 4:30 PM Saturday.

A lot of stations have also begun pre-empting WOF Weekend with infomercials. Last Saturday, WMTV in Madison, WI aired Wheel on 15.2 The CW at 1:30 PM Central, and aired an infomercial on 15.1 NBC at 6:30 PM. WHP in Harrisburg, PA did the same, bumping WOFW to early Monday morning.

Moderators, can we separate out the J!/WOF preemption tracking? I didn’t mind it at first, but it has overtaken this thread over the past 2-3 months, and is not really syndication news, but more preemption news.

21 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Moderators, can we separate out the J!/WOF preemption tracking? I didn’t mind it at first, but it has overtaken this thread over the past 2-3 months, and is not really syndication news, but more preemption news.

Or just have a thread for all preemptions (planned or unplanned), be it for sports, weather or local programs, just like on the other forum.

8 hours ago, mvcg66b3r said:

Or just have a thread for all preemptions (planned or unplanned), be it for sports, weather or local programs, just like on the other forum.

That’s basically what he is saying.

39 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

I'm not surprised...The writing was on the wall for "All Access" when WCAU and WTVJ dropped it last year in favor of a 7pm newscast. I'm wondering if the remaining 4 O&O markets that carry it will move Access Hollywood back to 7:30 and do a 7pm newscast. 

1 hour ago, B2r4a6n said:

I'm not surprised...The writing was on the wall for "All Access" when WCAU and WTVJ dropped it last year in favor of a 7pm newscast. I'm wondering if the remaining 4 O&O markets that carry it will move Access Hollywood back to 7:30 and do a 7pm newscast. 

All Access struck me as being oddly Inside Edition-lite at times, when I thought it should've been something more lighthearted like Access Hollywood. I think the problem was it trying to straddle those lines and they should've gone all in on one of the two. Maybe AH can be expanded to 1 hour now? You also make an interesting point about opening up a 7PM newscast but IMO the time to start one was definitely last year. News is cheap, yes, but I still feel like NBC is going to try for something more lucrative...what would it be? Not sure. 

37 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Maybe AH can be expanded to 1 hour now?

All Access WAS their attempt at making it an hour. Much of America west of the eastern time zone only has the 30-minute, post-news 6:30 slot to put an Access product. If they kept the same format as the flagship, then there's 30 minutes of content that isn't being seen by like half the country. All Access was merely a companion show, hence the difference in style.

I thought People The TV Show! would get renewed for at least 2 years since it's going national in 2022. I wonder if People The TV Show! will get into more bigger cities for a soft launch in fall of 2021 for NYC, LA Chi? etc. Wow I didn't see a 3 year renewal which those TV station groups that sign on for People The TV Show! will have to air it for 2 years.

On 3/25/2021 at 6:25 AM, ScottJ said:

Meredith has renewed People (The TV Show!) for three seasons, taking it through the 2023-24 season.

Will "ET" shop for a better timeslot on a different station in Phoenix (in which longtime station KTVK downgraded the show in favor of "People")? CBS can't be too happy with the late night clearance they've had here since September.

They'll renew "People" for three years now, but when/if Meredith splits its publishing and TV operations, that may change.

COPS has come back in reruns, sort of. COPS Reloaded made its debut on Reelz on Friday, and is airing everyday 8 times, with 4 episodes and the remainder rearing the episodes later in the day. Wonder if this means new episodes of COPS will air. COPS Reloaded originally  aired on CMT and in syndication. 

3 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I hope Reelz will air Live PD with new EP's that would be great.

Maybe Live PD can air the footage of Javier Ambler being killed by Williamson County deputies. Oh, wait. They deleted that footage, leading to the sheriff being indicted for felony evidence tampering ...

How anyone can support that show knowing that is beyond my comprehension. 

2 hours ago, Greggo said:

Maybe Live PD can air the footage of Javier Ambler being killed by Williamson County deputies. Oh, wait. They deleted that footage, leading to the sheriff being indicted for felony evidence tampering ...

sigh, there are still fans out despite that fact, (with a social reckoning last summer we've all went thru, mind you) hence it's beyond comprehension. Interest still matter, which plays any possibility of a comeback. Ya know...ratings. Dan Abrams even claims to have 'active discussions' with some players in the biz to bring it back, glossing over the fact above that led to its instant cancellation. It may not be on A&E again but there may be a place for it.

9 hours ago, Greggo said:

A&E actually had a policy of deleting unused footage after a certain amount of time, so they probably had no idea at the time that Ambler's death was going to be in the public spotlight a year later. 

6 hours ago, justin2kx said:

sigh, there are still fans out despite that fact, (with a social reckoning last summer we've all went thru, mind you) hence it's beyond comprehension. Interest still matter, which plays any possibility of a comeback. Ya know...ratings. Dan Abrams even claims to have 'active discussions' with some players in the biz to bring it back, glossing over the fact above that led to its instant cancellation. It may not be on A&E again but there may be a place for it.

I'm still a fan personally. I didn't agree with everything that was filmed (including Ambler's death). Maybe Abrams's own Law and Crime Network can air it again in primetime when the trials wrap up for the day.

A couple of questions on the upcoming syndication year:

* Will Leno's You Bet Your Life be a single- or double-run daily?

* With Judge Judy going out of syndie production, will 4-6 episodes (reruns) still be offered daily?

Thanks ...

22 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

A couple of questions on the upcoming syndication year:

* Will Leno's You Bet Your Life be a single- or double-run daily?

* With Judge Judy going out of syndie production, will 4-6 episodes (reruns) still be offered daily?

Thanks ...

I'm not sure about You Bet Your Life, but Judge Judy's reruns will still be offered I believe.

Just now, Newsjunkie24 said:

I'm not sure about You Bet Your Life, but Judge Judy's reruns will still be offered I believe.

Judge Judy will still have reruns. Could be cut back to two. Not sure. I imagine YBYL will only be one run but not sure.

Archived