2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

5 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Something had to go at 9am because when CBS reupped their affiliation agreement, part of the agreement was that CBS This Morning had to move to 7-9 am in pattern. At least I think that was the case. WFMY delayed whatever the CBS morning show was to 8-10am for years to air an extra hour of The Good Morning Show. That lasted until December of 2019 I believe. You can definitely make the argument that something else should be airing at 9am though.

Schedule could’ve been this:

4:30-7: Good Morning Show

7-9: CBS This Morning

9-10: Good Morning Show: 2nd Cup

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NEOMatrix said:

Schedule could’ve been this:

4:30-7: Good Morning Show

7-9: CBS This Morning

9-10: Good Morning Show: 2nd Cup

Maybe they will add back that extra hour at 9am if Ellen is cancelled. They have the Tegna produced Daily Blast Live at 3 that can’t air before 2 unless it’s delayed I think. They would have to dump Four for Five or another station would have to pick up Ellen to air in the afternoon. I guess they prefer news at 4 instead of news at 9. I agree though, Ellen belongs in the afternoon. The best solution would be to air Daily Blast Live at 9 a day late and Daytime Jeopardy at 9:30 leading into LMAD and Ellen at 3.

17 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

Alex Trebek's final week as host of0' Jeopardy!' begins tomorrow. This is going to be an emotional week for game show fans as well as fans of 'Jeopardy!', including yours truly.

https://tvline.com/2021/01/03/alex-trebek-jeopardy-last-show-airdate-final-episode/

I'll be watching. I'm sure the tissues will be ready on Friday.

So a ton of changes are coming to OKC TV:

First of all as I posted over in Out & About, KWTV is launching a 9am newscast (more details on that over in Out & About)

Beyond that here's the whole slate of changes coming to OKC Television:

First off, the Jeopardy! repeats will join the new Jeopardy! episodes beginning at 3pm on KFOR (Daytime Jeopardy! replaces Inside Edition at 3pm which is moving to sister station KAUT at 9:30pm)

2nd, Wendy Williams moves to 12pm on KOKH (replacing The People's Court which is moving to 1pm replacing Divorce and Paternity Courts which is moving to KOCB and will air at 8:30 and 9:30am respectively with Judge Jerry sandwiched between Judges Lake and Jenkins)

Last but not least (and this is the biggest change of all), Live with Kelly & Ryan is moving to KOKH and will remain at the 9am timeslot replacing Wendy Williams in that timeslot.

All of these changes will take effect Monday, January 18th.

12 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

Any of your favorite shows get preempted today due to the protest coverage?

There was a rest in the access hour and J! and WOF aired as scheduled on WDJT in Milwaukee (that was assured because of J!'s circumstances; I assume the same for WLUK). Somehow, ET also aired on WBAY in Green Bay, and had new content. But otherwise all the other syndicated shows in those markets were a wash today.

8 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

There was a rest in the access hour and J! and WOF aired as scheduled on WDJT in Milwaukee (that was assured because of J!'s circumstances; I assume the same for WLUK). Somehow, ET also aired on WBAY in Green Bay, and had new content. But otherwise all the other syndicated shows in those markets were a wash today.

Not in Charlotte...

1 hour ago, mrschimpf said:

Not In Raleigh/Durham either!!! Jeopardy, Wheel Of Fortune was not pre-empted cause after David Muir ended World News Tonight that was a free hour I'm surprised ABC11 my Disney/ABC Owned Station didn't use that hour for an hour-long newscast dedicated to the local reaction but that's that, WNCN at 7pm aired two back-to back episodes of Judge Judy and WRAL it would've been the 7PM news and Entertainment Tonight at 7:30 P.M. that was covered by a NBC News special report!!! But they FOX 50 WRAZ as a backup!!!

10 hours ago, Gavin said:

Not In Raleigh/Durham either!!! Jeopardy, Wheel Of Fortune was not pre-empted cause after David Muir ended World News Tonight that was a free hour I'm surprised ABC11 my Disney/ABC Owned Station didn't use that hour for an hour-long newscast dedicated to the local reaction but that's that, WNCN at 7pm aired two back-to back episodes of Judge Judy and WRAL it would've been the 7PM news and Entertainment Tonight at 7:30 P.M. that was covered by a NBC News special report!!! But they FOX 50 WRAZ as a backup!!!

No I meant that Jeopardy and Wheel didn’t air on WCNC at their scheduled time.

14 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

Any of your favorite shows get preempted today due to the protest coverage?

Wheel didn't air on most NBC's, but it did air on most CBS's. It aired on all ABC's except for WJLA in DC and WPBF in West Palm Beach, which always makes up local news at 7:00 if the usual 6:00 is pre-empted.

WLIO in Lima, OH (NBC) aired Wheel and Jeopardy!, but Wheel was accidentally a repeat of Tuesday's episode.

Here's a list of what stations actually did air Wheel at 7:00 ET last night: https://buyavowel.boards.net/post/111614/thread

At least two markets replaced Wheel with Jeopardy!. WDAF in Kansas City (FOX) pre-empted J!'s double run from 2-3 Central, so they moved the first-run ep to 6:30 in Wheel's slot and bumped Wheel to 11:00 PM in place of TMZ. WBNS in Columbus, OH (CBS) made up a local newscast at 7:00, which is J!'s slot, and slid it to 7:30 and did not air Wheel at all. WBNS is one of multiple stations that will always move J! to Wheel's slot if J!'s is pre-empted but Wheel's isn't (others include WBZ Boston, KATU Portland, WFTV Orlando, and KRQE Albuquerque).

CBS O&O KTVT in Dallas moved Wheel to KTXA in favor of a local newscast makeup at 6:30. However, WXIA in Atlanta (NBC) did not move Wheel or Jeopardy! to WATL (My), which they almost-always do on pre-emptions.

And unsurprisingly, given how much they hate Wheel in general, WBZ Boston (CBS O&O) opted not to air it, nor make it up, but they moved Jeopardy! to WSBK, which they normally only do if a tournament episode is pre-empted (but Alex's final episodes are more important). Still, no reason not to move Wheel there too. They are also pre-empting Wheel on Friday with a half-hour edition of Patriots All Access, meaning it gets very little viewers on the day of Alex's last episode on the sister show.

Many West Coast markets moved access syndies to the 8:00 hour, including ABC O&O's KABC and KGO. KABC also pre-empted Tuesday's Wheel for Georgia coverage and ran a crawl at the end of Jeopardy! saying Tuesday's episode would air Saturday in place of WOF Weekend.

I don't know of any stations last night that aired Wheel but not Jeopardy! - they either aired both, neither, or only J! - although I imagine WLS Chicago did since I didn't see any announcement about J! moving to 6:30 (it normally airs at 3:30, so it was pre-empted, but they probably moved it to 7.2 Localish).

2 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

I don't know of any stations last night that aired Wheel but not Jeopardy! - they either aired both, neither, or only J! - although I imagine WLS Chicago did since I didn't see any announcement about J! moving to 6:30 (it normally airs at 3:30, so it was pre-empted).

With the events in Kenosha, WI on Tuesday afternoon and the chaos yesterday, WLS moved Jeopardy! to 3:07AM both nights, in place of the show's standard rerun.

Just now, 24994J said:

With the events in Kenosha, WI on Tuesday afternoon and the chaos yesterday, WLS moved Jeopardy! to 3:07AM both nights, in place of the show's standard rerun.

Seems like it's been getting pre-empted there a lot lately. I believe it also got JIP'd on 1/1 because ABC had College Football until 3:30 CT which ran long until about 3:45.

I wish I had seen this earlier. I would’ve set my DVR. Oh well. 

On another note, with Judge Judy ending its run I could see Daytime Jeopardy taking this slot in the fall. Not sure how many reruns will be available to air every day.

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

I wish I had seen this earlier. I would’ve set my DVR. Oh well. 

On another note, with Judge Judy ending its run I could see Daytime Jeopardy taking this slot in the fall. Not sure how many reruns will be available to air every day.

I'm assuming they didn't make up Wheel...

Judy will likely still offer at least two runs when it ends first run.

I hope CBS TVD rolls out a Wheel equivalent of Daytime Jeopardy! given that it's the most prone to pre-emptions, stations usually don't bother giving it makegoods because of its popularity decline and dropping returning champions, and only about 60% of a season's episodes get reruns from either summer hiatus or WOF Weekend, plus it's not on any streaming platforms (except Celebrity WOF on Hulu). I'm sure they'll add Alex's final week to the host of J! episodes available on Netflix.

8 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

I'm assuming they didn't make up Wheel...

Judy will likely still offer at least two runs when it ends first run.

I hope CBS TVD rolls out a Wheel equivalent of Daytime Jeopardy! given that it's the most prone to pre-emptions, stations usually don't bother giving it makegoods because of its popularity decline and dropping returning champions, and only about 60% of a season's episodes get reruns from either summer hiatus or WOF Weekend, plus it's not on any streaming platforms (except Celebrity WOF on Hulu). I'm sure they'll add Alex's final week to the host of J! episodes available on Netflix.

No I don’t think they did. They hardly ever do.

Daytime Wheel would be nice...if they kept the Judy repeats they could dump Charlotte Today, move the news up to 11am to noon and put Daytime Jeopardy and Wheel from noon to 1. (Don’t want to go against TPIR).

WLS ran a ticker during today's Jeopardy' saying that they'll rerun the preempted Tuesday and Wednesday episodes Friday from 1-2pm, in place of the local 'Windy City Live.' Trebek's final show will air at 3:30, as usual.

12 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

WBNS is one of multiple stations that will always move J! to Wheel's slot if J!'s is pre-empted but Wheel's isn't (others include WBZ Boston, KATU Portland, WFTV Orlando, and KRQE Albuquerque).

Another one I forgot: WDIV Detroit. When TNF was on NBC, they would move Thursday Jeopardy!'s from 7:30 to 7:00 and wouldn't air Thursday Wheels at all. They also did this during the 2018 Emmys and the 2018 Winter Olympics except on Saturdays since I believe the 7-8 hour was Wheel/J! Weekend; it is now Infomercials/Wheel Weekend. In those instances, since it was a two-week period, Wheel got bumped to the ThisTV sub.

WDIV pre-empted both Wheel and Jeopardy! on Wednesday for Capitol coverage. Wednesday's Jeopardy! aired Thursday at 7:00 right before Thursday's episode, bumping Wheel to 3:30 AM.

I've seen countless instances of stations moving J! to replace Wheel, but I've never actually seen it happen the other way around on a weekday. On 12/18/19, during 45's impeachment, WROC Rochester initially planned to move Wheel from 7:00 and 7:30 and bump J! overnight, due to this being the week that Vanna White hosted, but since CBS actually let their stations switch to programming at 7:00, it wasn't necessary in the end. During College Football season, WMAZ in Macon, GA slides WOF Weekend from 7:00 to 7:30 on Saturdays due to local news at 7:00 after the game, and if the game runs <30 minutes over, the news doesn't run past 7:30 and JIP Wheel. WBNS does the opposite, so WOF Weekend airs Monday mornings at 12:30 or 1:00 AM during CFB season while J! airs at 7:30 PM Saturdays, or after WOF if game overrun pre-empts it.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:16 PM, WheelWarrior said:

I noticed that a lot of stations over these past two weeks have still been giving Jeopardy! higher priority than Wheel of Fortune despite the former being in reruns, with regards to the latter still getting pre-empted by local specials (such as Buffalo Kickoff Live on WIVB and WROC; Wheel was bumped on both three times over the past four weeks including tonight)

Apparently Buffalo Kickoff Live airs in all the upstate NY markets that have a Nexstar affiliate. I knew it also aired on WETM Elmira, which usually pre-empted Jeopardy! while leaving Wheel intact, and it airs on WSYR Syracuse I believe, pre-empting ET. I just discovered that it also airs on WBGH in Binghamton, pre-empting one of two Modern Family's.

There was another edition of BKL last night, and it was optionally a full hour. Since it only airs in access, most of the stations only aired half an hour to avoid pre-empting Jeopardy!. WIVB was the only one to air the full hour, since they can simply move Wheel and J! to sister WNLO (CW). WROC kept J! on the schedule, as did WETM, by only airing BKL in Wheel's time slot this time. WBGH also only aired half an hour, although the portion they did air was opposite J! on sister WIVT (ABC).

Patriots All Access returns to Fridays on WBZ Boston one last time for now. It looks like the offseason edition has started. Tonight's Wheel is pre-empted, but Jeopardy! is not. Next week shows Wheel at the normal time Mon-Sat all week, though.

2 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

Apparently Buffalo Kickoff Live airs in all the upstate NY markets that have a Nexstar affiliate. I knew it also aired on WETM Elmira, which usually pre-empted Jeopardy! while leaving Wheel intact, and it airs on WSYR Syracuse I believe, pre-empting ET. I just discovered that it also airs on WBGH in Binghamton, pre-empting one of two Modern Family's.

There was another edition of BKL last night, and it was optionally a full hour. Since it only airs in access, most of the stations only aired half an hour to avoid pre-empting Jeopardy!. WIVB was the only one to air the full hour, since they can simply move Wheel and J! to sister WNLO (CW). WROC kept J! on the schedule, as did WETM, by only airing BKL in Wheel's time slot this time. WBGH also only aired half an hour, although the portion they did air was opposite J! on sister WIVT (ABC).

Patriots All Access returns to Fridays on WBZ Boston one last time for now. It looks like the offseason edition has started. Tonight's Wheel is pre-empted, but Jeopardy! is not. Next week shows Wheel at the normal time Mon-Sat all week, though.

The Panthers have a similar show, Black and Blue Kickoff Live, that airs on TV on Sunday mornings and streams Wednesday nights at 7 on Nexstar stations in the Carolinas. It too can be aired for an hour or a half hour. It is done for the year now that the Panthers season is over. WJZY has aired it for an hour at 10am Sunday mornings but now has infomercials in that slot starting this week.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:34 PM, WheelWarrior said:

WDIV pre-empted both Wheel and Jeopardy! on Wednesday for Capitol coverage. Wednesday's Jeopardy! aired Thursday at 7:00 right before Thursday's episode, bumping Wheel to 3:30 AM.

WBBH in Fort Myers, FL pulled a similar move. Both game shows were pre-empted on Wednesday. Normally, when J! gets pre-empted (whether new or rerun), it airs on a one-day delay for the rest of the week and the Saturday rerun is dropped. The same goes for Wheel only if a new episode was pre-empted. If it's a rerun, or if it's scheduled to be pre-empted on Saturday as well, it just gets skipped. However, J! couldn't slide to Saturday, especially not Alex's last episode, due to NFL starting at 7:30 ET that day. Instead, Wednesday's J! aired on Thursday, and Thursday and Friday's aired on Friday, the former replacing Wheel for the day. For Wheel, Thursday's show aired on the proper day, no episodes aired on Friday, and three episodes aired on Saturday: Wednesday's at 1:30 PM, Saturday's at 2:00 PM, and Friday's at 7:00 PM. Saturday's J! rerun did not air. BTW, Alex Trebek episodes will continue to air on Daytime J! and J! Weekend, of course.

Also noticed tonight that WVIR in Charlottesville, VA aired Wednesday's Wheel instead of the rerun; not sure how or if they made up J! since NFL pregame pre-empts it tonight.

Archived