2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/26/2020 at 8:48 PM, WheelWarrior said:

I remember noticing that WLIO in Lima, Ohio didn't carry Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy! on weekends

Not anymore. Lima finally acquired both shows' weekend runs, and will be one of the few markets to air them on Sundays and not Saturdays. It looks like their normal times will be Jeopardy! at 11:30 AM and Wheel at 6:00 PM leading into CBS Weekend News (which they delay to 6:30; WCBS airs it at 6:00). However, for this weekend, due to NFL on Sunday, Wheel gets the 11:30 AM slot and Jeopardy! moves to 1:00 AM Sunday.

This now leaves only one market that doesn't carry either show on weekends: Harrisonburg, VA (WHSV). The only other one that doesn't carry Wheel is Springfield, MA (WWLP), which does carry J!. A handful of others (WPVI, WBIR, WDIV, and a few others I'm forgetting) carry Weekend Wheel but not J!

Savannah:

WSAV: First-run Maury is finally moving out of its longtime 2pm time slot. The bad news is that it's moving to 3pm, replacing Mel Robbins. Dr. Oz returns to SAV at 2. It's still surprising that an NBC affiliate still has Maury. I know there are a handful out there, but it's disappointing. Why can't they switch it with Rachel Ray, which is on their CW plus subchannel in their local slot at 1pm?

WTOC: 25 Words is already gone after a year. Drew Barrymore moves in at 3pm. No other changes.

WTGS: Caught in Providence is living out its last week at 1pm. Stale episodes of The People's Court will replace it next week (first-run episodes still air at 5pm)

WJCL: Nothing new in daytime. The only change is a rerun of Kelly and Ryan at 2am, following the trend of preempting WNN.

4 minutes ago, froyo49 said:

WTOC: 25 Words is already gone after a year.

Ouch. They barely gave it a chance. Savannah never really had faith in game shows besides Wheel and Jeopardy!; I seem to recall they didn't carry the last few seasons of syndie Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, either. They do carry the reruns going on now, but only because they happen to be the biggest market with a CW+.

WFXT in Boston is replacing their Mel Robbins hour at 2:00 with the Xploration E/I programs. On Mondays, two episodes air. On Tue-Fri, one episode airs at 2:00 and Millionaire airs at 2:30. Monday episodes of Millionaire air at 1:40 AM Tuesday, which is a Simpsons rerun from from Wed-Sat.

In New York, WLNY has added a local program "Inside the NY Jets" Tuesday nights at 7:00 PM. This bumps one of two episodes of Last Man Standing to 2:30 AM, replacing Millionaire. As a result, Tuesday episodes of Millionaire will air Sunday afternoons at 2:00 PM.

Lafayette, LA:

KATC: Drew Barrymore replaces Dr. Oz at 9a; no other station in the market is carrying him this year. Other than that, no changes.

KLFY: No changes.

KADN: ES.TV and Recipe TV (both Entertainment Studios [Byron Allen] produced shows) air at 9a and 9:30a, respectively. Other than that, no changes.

KLAF: No changes, with the only exception being their noon newscast takes the "News 15" brand (they were known as "Focus at Noon").

KADN 15.3: A 3rd episode of “Family Feud” airs at 9:30a (to compliment the runs at 10a and 10:30a on Fox 15), replacing “Caught in Providence.” Two of Entertainment Studios’ court shows featuring Judge Hatchett and Judge Cristina Perez air from 11a-noon and noon-1p, respectively (the latter replacing “Protection Court”). For some reason, “Chicago PD” remains at 10a (isn’t that supposed to leave syndication soon?)........

In Denver:

KWGN has added "The Real" at NOON  & the Doctors move from KTVD to KWGN at 2:00PM.

KTVD  has added "Judge Jerry" at 2:00PM it moves over from KCDO.  Extra has moved from 6:30PM to 6:00PM

KCDO has added "Intervention" at 2:00PM replacing Judge Jerry.

KDVR has added 'Friends" at Noon and moved "Daily Mail TV" to 2PM from it's NOON slot.

KUSA no Changes

KMGH no Changes

KCNC no Changes.

2 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

WFXT in Boston is replacing their Mel Robbins hour at 2:00 with the Xploration E/I programs. On Mondays, two episodes air. On Tue-Fri, one episode airs at 2:00 and Millionaire airs at 2:30. Monday episodes of Millionaire air at 1:40 AM Tuesday, which is a Simpsons rerun from from Wed-Sat.

In New York, WLNY has added a local program "Inside the NY Jets" Tuesday nights at 7:00 PM. This bumps one of two episodes of Last Man Standing to 2:30 AM, replacing Millionaire. As a result, Tuesday episodes of Millionaire will air Sunday afternoons at 2:00 PM.

I wonder if that's just temporary and they're planning to replace that permanently with something else?

28 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

Seven. More. Seasons. 

Byron Allen court show America's Court has been renewed. For SEVEN! MORE. SEASONS.

G*ddamn.

The entire show is existing transcripted court cases acted out by SAG-card newbies, so it's one of those shows where all the season's shows are filmed in a month or two and Judge Ross has the rest of his year free. For all that some of Byron Allen's content is no-effort, this fills timeslots (and his cable networks) fast and cheap.

1 minute ago, mrschimpf said:

The entire show is existing transcripted court cases acted out by SAG-card newbies, so it's one of those shows where all the season's shows are filmed in a month or two and Judge Ross has the rest of his year free. For all that some of Byron Allen's content is no-effort, this fills timeslots (and his cable networks) fast and cheap.

I know all that; it's still hella absurd.

37 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

Seven. More. Seasons. 

Byron Allen court show America's Court has been renewed. For SEVEN! MORE. SEASONS.

G*ddamn.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/americas-court-with-judge-ross-renewed-seven-more-seasons-byron-allen-entertainment-studios-1234576199/

SEVEN??!!! No way!!!

1 hour ago, J1975am said:

SEVEN??!!! No way!!!

2 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Seven. More. Seasons. 

G*ddamn.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/americas-court-with-judge-ross-renewed-seven-more-seasons-byron-allen-entertainment-studios-1234576199/

I was about to post that. WMYT just picked up that, Judge Mablean, Judge Hatchett, and Supreme Justice to go along with Divorce Court and Protection Court for a 3 hour Byron Allen morning court block. (I posted earlier). 

Speaking of Judge Mablean, I noticed WNCN replaced it at 1 in favor of a new local show My Carolina Talk. They replaced Mel Robbins at 9 with the third and fourth runs of Judge Judy.

For the past several years, WAKA in Montgomery, AL was noted for being the first station in the US to air the main run of Jeopardy!, at 10:30 AM Eastern/9:30 AM Central leading into Price is Right (and a whole nine hours before Wheel of Fortune). This season, they moved it to 4:30 PM, the show's most common time slot in the Central Time Zone (most stations do Jeopardy!/Local News/National News/Local News/Wheel of Fortune). The Doctors now fills the 9:00 AM hour. Now, the earliest airing of first-run J! I'm aware of is 11:30 AM Central on KTRK in Houston.

27 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

For the past several years, WAKA in Montgomery, AL was noted for being the first station in the US to air the main run of Jeopardy!, at 10:30 AM Eastern/9:30 AM Central leading into Price is Right (and a whole nine hours before Wheel of Fortune). This season, they moved it to 4:30 PM, the show's most common time slot in the Central Time Zone (most stations do Jeopardy!/Local News/National News/Local News/Wheel of Fortune). The Doctors now fills the 9:00 AM hour. Now, the earliest airing of first-run J! I'm aware of is 11:30 AM Central on KTRK in Houston.

I think KLTV airs Jeopardy! at 11am.

I was surprised that Maury was still on WXMI Fox17 last week along with it being on CW7. Right This Minute is now on at 1PM to 2PM on Fox17 was off for a week.

CW7: As of Sep 26 Central Ave will air Sat 5PM to 6PM and late Sat/early Sun at 1AM.

11 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Speaking of Judge Mablean, I noticed WNCN replaced it at 1 in favor of a new local show My Carolina Talk. They replaced Mel Robbins at 9 with the third and fourth runs of Judge Judy.

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - either the syndication market is that soft or the WNCN programming department has channeled Ned Flanders' parents. Besides, wasn't My Carolina Talk already a thing, namely after the affiliation switch to CBS?

I wonder what they will do next year when Judy is out of production, Would they be crazy enough to maintain the status quo?

51 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - either the syndication market is that soft or the WNCN programming department has channeled Ned Flanders' parents. Besides, wasn't My Carolina Talk already a thing, namely after the affiliation switch to CBS?

I wonder what they will do next year when Judy is out of production, Would they be crazy enough to maintain the status quo?

I think you’re right. I think they aired a similar show at 12:30 when they first became a CBS affiliate except it was called My Carolina Today. I know they aired it as an NBC station at 11:30 after an 11am newscast. Or maybe at 9:30?

A change or two in Milwaukee effective 9/28:

WITI: The fourth run of Judge Judy moves to 4am as a next-day encore of Access Hollywood takes its place at 12:30pm (another upgrade of sorts for the show).

WVTV-DT2 (it’ll always be WCGV to me): Schitt’s Creek gets a full hour at 9pm as the usual animation block (The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers) is pushed back an hour to 10pm.

WVTV: Central Ave. gets two pretty cushy timeslots: Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 6pm (leading into the Sunday CW lineup) starting 9/26.

Another WMYT change on the 28th.

Schitt’s Creek debuts at 10 and 10:30, which sends Two and a Half Men to 7 and 7:30, a time slot it occupied for a number of years on WJZY. So Dateline will only have a double run for a week. It will be at 1 starting next week.

1 minute ago, ddaniels20 said:

Is Schitt's Creek not being carried in the Philly area? I've looked at the listings and haven't seen it in any of the local channels. It's not a big deal for me, it's just weird that market #4 wouldn't have it at all.

It was picked up by the Fox O&O’s.

Archived