2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

According to TitanTV, WADL is the only station currently shown on there with scheduling changes effective September 14:

• Balancing Act replaces one run of ES.TV at 6:00 AM, displaced from 7:30 AM, which is where Law & Crime Daily will be airing.
  • The First 48 airs at 10:00 AM (replacing True Crime Daily) and at 4:00 PM (displacing the two Forensic Files runs an hour earlier at 3:00 PM, replacing Protection Court).
  • Two additional airings of Friends will replace Access Daily in the 5:00 PM hour, in addition to the existing 9:30 AM airing.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For NYC:

Hot Bench will move to WLNY 9/14 at 9a/930a, replacing Jerry Springer repeats, which moves to 7am. 

other changes,

-25 words or less will move to FOX 5 at 630p

- TMZ moves to 730p

-Big Bang Theory moves to 630pm on WWOR channel 9
-Chicago PD 11am on WWOR 9

-Couples Court with the Cutlers moves to 11am on PIX 11, replacing Maury 

-Divorce Court takes over the 3pm hour on channel 9.  Unaware if caught in providence has been canceled but it’s not on the schedule.  Regular court proceedings with Judge Caprio have been canceled due to coronavirus so maybe the actual show is on hiatus.  

On 8/11/2020 at 3:07 AM, Colortini said:

Drew Barrymore will air at 9am on WCBS in New York and it will also air later in the day on sister station WLNY.  I thought Hot Bench was doing well at 9 so I assume that will move to WLNY like The Doctors did a few years back to make room for Hot Bench.  

I can’t imagine she’ll do well up against Live with Kelly and Ryan but time will tell...

At least my station(WLOS) isn't putting her opposite Live with Kelly and Ryan, but after General Hospital. That might help a bit.

16 hours ago, johnothy said:

Live with Kelly and Ryan is repeating now on ABC owned stations throughout the country as well as other ABC stations that carry the show.  It looks like ABC World News Now is being reduced or completely pre-empted in favor of the Kelly and Ryan repeat.  WABC New York and WPVI Philadelphia don't appear to be airing World News Now at all anymore.  WABC now shows This Week with George Stephanopoulos airing late Sunday/early Monday instead and Tamron Hall through the week from 3-4AM.

I checked WSOC...and sure enough according to TV Passport they are shortening World News Tonight to just 25 minutes beginning at 3:35 am starting the 14th and replacing the Wendy Williams repeat with the Kelly and Ryan repeat as I speculated. They will also be putting the Cox produced National News Tonight on their main channel at 1:05 am, (previously it has only been on WSOC Now) bumping Daily Mail TV to 1:35, then adding a run of Right this a Minute at 2:05. THEN Kelly and Ryan at 2:35.

That might explain why they literally went right to WNT last Thursday morning after the Goldbergs without going to commercial (they aired it and United We Fall in late night because of a Panthers fan fest special and I recorded WNT thinking the RNC coverage might run over. Sure enough it did.).

Surprisingly sister station WSB isn’t repeating Kelly and Ryan. They are repeating ET at 1:05 followed by National News Tonight, then a double run of Right This Minute, then WNT for an hour beginning at 3.

Cox’s Orlando station doesn’t carry Kelly and Ryan, they will have WNT for an hour and a half unless they just haven’t updated their listings. 

On 8/20/2020 at 10:51 AM, ScottJ said:

Six episodes of Feud is going to be the norm. They are adding two more feeds, making it six per day. My information showed the two extra feeds starting on 9/14. Maybe it's already started, at least in some markets.

Family Feuds 5 and 6 have already been a thing in NYC for at least two weeks now. WWOR added two more episodes at 11:00 and 11:30 PM. However, they are currently repeats of the exact same episodes that air at 7:00 and 7:30 PM, the first two airings of the night - the "A and B" feeds. I'm guessing that's until the "E and F" feeds officially go live on 9/14. There are still only four Feud airings for weekends, though.

Is this a first for syndication - a show getting six weekday runs? I don't even know of any other shows that get four runs besides Judge Judy.

10 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

Family Feuds 5 and 6 have already been a thing in NYC for at least two weeks now. WWOR added two more episodes at 11:00 and 11:30 PM. However, they are currently repeats of the exact same episodes that air at 7:00 and 7:30 PM, the first two airings of the night. I'm guessing that's until the "E and F" feeds officially go live on 9/14. There are still only four Feud airings for weekends, though.

Is this a first for syndication - a show getting six weekday runs? I don't even know of any other shows that get four runs besides Judge Judy.

Mercifully, it doesn’t look like WAXN is picking up the two extra Feuds. 

They are replacing Mel Robbins with another run of Tamron Hall at 9am and The Game double run  at 2am with “The First 48”. That’s their only other changes as of the 14th, besides the early morning changes I posted about last week.

They could cut out a run of Paternity Court and Couple’s Court to make room, but four is enough. 

On 8/24/2020 at 1:33 PM, patlovestv said:

Does anyone recall another syndicated show ever offering 6 feeds/plays per day? I vaguely remember a handful of stations airing extra episodes of Judge Judy years ago, but still, this move with Family Feud seems notably rare.

WCBS temporarily halted its noon newscasts after an employee tested positive for COVID and they had to shut down their studio. On Mondays, it was replaced with a fifth Judge Judy. Normally, the A and B runs air on WCBS at 4:00 and 4:30 PM, then the C and D runs air on WLNY at 10:00 and 10:30 PM (though TV listings list them as repeats of A and B). The 12:00 WCBS airings were the C run, so that episode would air twice. On Tuesday-Friday, they filled 12:00 with repeats of the previous day's Inside Edition, which first airs on WCBS at 7:00 PM. I never really understood why they didn't just use Mondays to repeat the previous Friday's IE.

WLNY has dropped How I Met Your Mother and replaced it with Millionaire. They picked up the new syndie Millionaire package (which is only the 175 episodes from its final season) back in June when Disney/ABC first started rolling it out, replacing Cops. They only carry the primary run and they had been delaying the five weekday episodes to random weekend slots, usually with the Mon-Tue eps on Saturday nights from 5-6, the Wed ep on Sunday afternoon at 2, and the Thu-Fri eps Mondays from 2-3 AM. Starting this week, the show now airs weeknights at 1:00 AM in HIMYM's former slot, but still only one of its two runs. HIMYM is no longer airing anywhere in NYC for now; it is not listed at all in Xfinity except for On Demand.

Millionaire does not have an official weekend run, nor did it have one during the show's original run (Wheel and Jeopardy! have one, Family Feud has four, and Funny You Should Ask has at least two or possibly four)

WLNY has several more changes to the weekday lineup starting 9/14...

Before:

4:00 AM - Forensic Files

4:30 AM - Pawn Stars

5:00 AM - Personal Injury Court (x2)

6:00 AM - Lauren Lake's Paternity Court

6:30 AM - Protection Court (x2)

7:30 AM - Cheaters

8:00 AM - The Doctors

9:00 AM - Jerry Springer

10:00 AM - America's Court with Judge Ross (x2)

11:00 AM - Justice with Judge Mablean

11:30 AM - Justice for All with Judge Cristina Perez

12:00 PM - Supreme Justice with Judge Karen Mills

12:30 PM - The Verdict with Judge Hatchett

1:00 PM - Lauren Lake's Paternity Court (x2; 1:00 PM airing is the same ep as the 6:00 AM airing)

2:00 PM - Judge Mathis (x2)

4:00 PM - Funny You Should Ask (x2)

5:00 PM - Mike & Molly (x2)

6:00 PM - The King of Queens (x2)

7:00 PM - Last Man Standing (x2)

8:00 PM - Dr. Phil (encore; first airs on WCBS at 3:00 PM)

9:00 PM - Local News

10:00 PM - Judge Judy (x2, C and D feeds; the A and B feeds air on WCBS at 4:00 and 4:30 PM)

11:00 PM - 2 Broke Girls (x2)

12:00 AM - Entertainment Tonight (encore; first airs on WCBS at 7:00 PM)

12:30 AM - Impractical Jokers

1:00 AM - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (recently replaced How I Met Your Mother)

1:30 AM - The Game

2:00 AM - Family Guy (x2)

3:00 AM - Bob's Burgers (x2)

After (changes only):

4:00 AM - Personal Injury Court

4:30 AM - Lauren Lake's Paternity Court

5:00 AM - Dr. Phil (encore of previous day's episode)

6:00 AM - Lauren Lake's Paternity Court (same episode that aired at 4:30, according to listings)

6:30 AM - Cheaters

7:00 AM - Jerry Springer

9:00 AM - Hot Bench (x2; moves from WCBS to make room for The Drew Barrymore Show)

1:00 PM - Lauren Lake's Paternity Court (no longer the same episode as 6:00 AM)

1:30 PM - Protection Court

8:00 PM - The Drew Barrymore Show (encore; first airs on WCBS at 9:00 AM)

12:00 AM - Family Guy (x2)

1:00 AM - Bob's Burgers (x2)

2:00 AM - Impractical Jokers

2:30 AM - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

3:00 AM - Forensic Files

3:30 AM - Pawn Stars

Gone entirely are The Game and the ET encore (though they will continue to re-air the weekend edition Saturdays at 11:00 PM). Personal Injury Court and Protection Court are both reduced from two runs to one.

According to TV Passport, WOIO 19 in Cleveland is launching a new 3pm newscast on September 14.  They are also launching a new 11am newscast on WUAB 43.  

Speaking of WUAB, Maury moves to 7am, daytime Jeopardy! joins the line up at 6:30pm after Cribbs in the CLE moves to 6pm from 7pm, and Inside Edition moves to 7pm.  Personal Injury Court is not the schedule.

WMYT is replacing the 4pm double run of “America Says” with “The Real” beginning on the 14th. Their run of “The Real” will be absent from the schedule for a week.

It appears “Caught in Providence” is sticking around through the 18th.

WCCB is replacing the “How I Met Your Mother” double run at 1am with “Friends” starting the 7th but it is just until “Drew Barrymore” premieres.

NY Post is reporting that Dr. Oz has returned to studio production. Season 12 has begun shooting, without an audience, at the CBS Broadcast Center on West 57th Street in New York City. An interesting footnote, the Dr. Oz show has now shot at three network headquarters. First four years it was taped at NBC's Studio 6A in 30 Rock. Seasons 5 -1 1 were based in TV-23 at ABC's Upper West Side studios. Now the show has moved a few blocks south to set up shop in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood. I'm not sure which studio Oz will use as it looks like all of their production studios are filled. The Post sites ABC's pending move downtown as the reason behind Oz's relocation.

44 minutes ago, carolinanews4 said:

NY Post is reporting that Dr. Oz has returned to studio production. Season 12 has begun shooting, without an audience, at the CBS Broadcast Center on West 57th Street in New York City. An interesting footnote, the Dr. Oz show has now shot at three network headquarters. First four years it was taped at NBC's Studio 6A in 30 Rock. Seasons 5 -1 1 were based in TV-23 at ABC's Upper West Side studios. Now the show has moved a few blocks south to set up shop in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood. I'm not sure which studio Oz will use as it looks like all of their production studios are filled. The Post sites ABC's pending move downtown as the reason behind Oz's relocation.

Maybe where Harry's talk show used to shoot?

On 9/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, Superdude said:

Sept 14th. Seems like Action News at noon finally expands to one hour on WTAE-TV replacing the day old access hollywood airing. WPXI made the move a few years back. Speaking of WPXI, Right This Minute continues at 1pm before Rachel Ray at 2 and Days at 3.

I'm not sure where you heard that from because WTAE has had hour-long news at noon since January.

TitanTV shows Drew Barrymore on KTUL at 3pm on the 14th, replacing America Says and Daytime Jeopardy.

On KQCW, an hour of Paternity Court will replace True Crime Files at 1pm. A double run of Mom is replacing Last Man Standing at 4pm. Why, you ask?

Because it's moving to KMYT at 9pm, replacing The Goldbergs. Earlier in the day, the 4pm Steve Wilkos will return, replacing Mel Robbins.

The Goldbergs is moving to KOKI with an hour at 12:30a, replacing HIMYM. A repeat of The Doctors is airing at 3am, replacing a Dateline repeat.

FYSA appears to be gone at KTUL (at least as far as weekdays are concerned) with an infomercial at 2:05a, before WNN.

WCCB finally updated their listings to reflect the Drew Barrymore premiere on the 14th...as I expected they go from three Maury airings to two. Everything currently from 11am to 5pm moves up an hour. Changes:

10am Jerry Springer (syndicated)

11am Steve Wilkos (Secondary)

Noon Maury (Secondary)

1pm Jerry Springer (CW)

2pm Steve Wilkos

3pm Maury

4pm and 1am Drew Barrymore

Also they have replaced Foresnic Files at 4am with Millionaire. The other runs have moved to 11pm to 12:30 am on Saturday nights, with the other run airing at 3am. Major Crimes has come over from WMYT and will air at 1am Saturday and Sunday  nights starting this weekend. The Carbanaro Effect follows Major Crimes followed by a music program called Steller Sunday. Foresnic Files now airs weekday mornings at 3:30.

Jeopardy! is one of the first syndies to show off their renovated set. Various cues have been taken from the primetime run, including the bronzes floor decals & darker colors, plus repositioned, individual podiums.

Are there are any weekday syndies besides Wheel of Fortune and Ellen that don't offer a second airing of any kind - whether it's a full-on second run, or an "encore airing" like many markets do with the newsmagazine shows, and many of the hour-long talk shows? I know for sure WOF doesn't, and I've never seen any markets repeat Ellen overnight or on lesser sister stations, but I've seen it with all the other hour talks.

It's always bothered me that Wheel only has one run, since every other syndicated game show gets one from the get go (Funny You Should Ask, 25 Words or Less, America Says all have double runs), and Wheel's been at or near the top of the ratings since it started. If Jeopardy! can have a double run, then why not Wheel? Even if stations air the second run at 2:00 AM on CW or something, it'd be something. They did almost put one out for Wheel for the 2012-13 season, but scrapped it.

Here in Atlanta...WGCL has found a time slot for the daily People TV show: Weeknights at 7:00 pm (Inside Edition will stay at 10:00 on WPCH).

WUPA has Drew Barrymore at 9:00 am; unsure about the other new additions, but the lineups on WSB, WAGA and WXIA will likely remain status quo.

Here in Richmond (via TitanTV & Zap2It):

WTVR (CBS): No Change.

WRIC (ABC): On September 14th, The Drew Barrymore Show airs at 3pm, replacing the now-canceled The Mel Robbins Show.

WWBT (NBC): No Change.

WRLH (FOX): On September 14th, 25 Words or Less moves to 11am (back-to back episodes), bumping Steve Wilkos to 10am. A second airing of Wilkos continues to air at 4pm. Funny You Should Ask moves from 12:30 to 1pm (with back-to back episodes) replacing America Says (canceled?) and 25 Words or Less. A double-run of Family Feud airs at noon (Feud continues to air back-to-back at 6pm). After a long run on WUPV (CW), The Wendy Williams Show moves to WRLH and it will air at 2pm. Surprised they're not airing Wendy live at 10am. Maury moves to 3pm replacing Personal Injury Court (there will be no second airing of Maury on WRLH). The First 48 airs overnights at 2am. Looks like Personal Injury Court is cancelled.

WRLH-DT2 (MyNetworkTV/TBD): No change. The Simpsons (6pm), Family Guy (6:30) and a double-run of Bob's Burgers (7 & 7:30) continues to air between TBD & MyNetworkTV programming.

WUPV (CW): On September 7th, Judge Jerry moves from noon to 9am. Jerry Springer moves to 10am, replacing The Wendy Williams Show (moving to WRLH on the 14th; WUPV will air Wendy at 6am from September 7th to 11th before the move). Springer continues to air at 2pm. The Real returns to 11am after being on 6am last season. Dr. Oz moves to noon. On September 14th, a second airing of Mike & Molly replaces The Game at midnight, while Who Wants to Be A Millionaire? will air at 2 & 2:30am.

Archived