2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

WXSP:

2 Broke Girls 4PM to 5PM starting later today as How I Met Your Mother ends it's run which I thought was Sep 4 when it would end?

Mike & Molly 5PM to 6PM gets it's full hour back,

Weather Gone Viral at 8PM as of Sep 12 replacing Heartland,

Storm Of Suspicion at 9PM as of Sep 12 replacing Murdoch Mysteries,

Right This Minute is leaving 10:30AM Sep 7 will be paid programming maybe something will be on in a week or 2.

Cops is now done as that will be paid programming at 2AM for a couple of weeks, which Cops has been on WXSP since it signed on in the fall of 1999.

Celebrity Page is leaving later today at 6:30AM paid programming.

CW7:

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 5PM & 11PM on Sep 7,

America Says 4:30PM & 12AM for a week or 2.

More changes to come.

Wood TV:

Weather Gone Viral at 7PM when no sports are on that had been paid programming and sometimes Elementary from time to time.

WXMI Fox17:

RTM weekdays/weekend TBD? I haven't seen it listed yet

Drew Barrymore.  

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/26/2020 at 2:05 PM, WheelWarrior said:

I always thought ET had a mandate that it had to be aired in the prime access hour, like Wheel of Fortune does. Do any other US markets air ET earlier than 7:00 ET?

Found another one. KAEF in Eureka, CA (ABC) airs it at 5:00 PM Pacific, and repeats it at midnight on sister KECA-LD2 (MyTV). The 7-8 hour is taken by Wheel and Jeopardy!. I don't think I've seen all three on the same station very often.

45 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

Found another one. KAEF in Eureka, CA (ABC) airs it at 5:00 PM Pacific, and repeats it at midnight on sister KECA-LD2 (MyTV). The 7-8 hour is taken by Wheel and Jeopardy!. I don't think I've seen all three on the same station very often.

They were all on WSOC in 1990-1991.

Jeopardy was at 11:30am

Wheel was at 7:30pm

ET was at 11:30pm

WSOC got Jeopardy and Wheel from WBTV that year. They still had hourlong 6pm news so Jeopardy had to air earlier. Jeopardy only lasted a year on WSOC, it moved to WCNC at 7 the following year and it has been there ever since.

Wheel stayed on WSOC for just 2 more years then moved to WCNC in 1993 and the rest is history. 

ET moved to 7 when WSOC shortened their 6pm news to 30 minutes, moving ABC World News Tonight up to 6:30. Then back to 7:30 when Wheel moved to WCNC.

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

They were all on WSOC in 1990-1991.

Jeopardy was at 11:30am

Wheel was at 7:30pm

ET was at 11:30pm

WSOC got Jeopardy and Wheel from WBTV that year. They still had hourlong 6pm news so Jeopardy had to air earlier. Jeopardy only lasted a year on WSOC, it moved to WCNC at 7 the following year and it has been there ever since.

As of 2020, no markets in the Eastern Time Zone air the main run of J! earlier than 7:00 PM Eastern except if a station moves it earlier for a pre-emption, which CBSTVD is much more chill about than if one were to ask about doing that with Wheel. However, some markets list the secondary/"Daytime" run as the as the main run even though that's not the case (such as WBOC in Salisbury, MD carrying DJ! at 4:30 PM and WRDE carrying the main J! at 7:30 after Wheel; WBOC's airings are listed as the same as WRDE's).

50 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

As of 2020, no markets in the Eastern Time Zone air the main run of J! earlier than 7:00 PM

When was the last time anyone did? WLNY before CBS bought them? WSBK from 2001-04? I can't think of that many cases otherwise, prior to those two I can't remember the last time anyone aired J! before 7:00 PM ET. WTNH in the Fall of 1994, when they moved J! to 4:00 PM so they could air ET at 7:00 might have been the last case otherwise and that lasted not even six months.

2 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Tamron Hall will finally be in Minneapolis....on KSTC.

Meanwhile, in Albany, Hubbard sister station WNYT will be relegating Tamron to 2:37am as of 9/14, when Drew Barrymore takes over the 11am slot. But Tamron is being added to duopoly partner WNYA's schedule at 7pm starting on the 14th. So an improved time slot on a lesser station.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:07 AM, Colortini said:

Drew Barrymore will air at 9am on WCBS in New York and it will also air later in the day on sister station WLNY.  I thought Hot Bench was doing well at 9 so I assume that will move to WLNY like The Doctors did a few years back to make room for Hot Bench.  

I can’t imagine she’ll do well up against Live with Kelly and Ryan but time will tell...

Given the toxic situation with Ellen, does anybody think that enough backlash could cause viewers to switch to Drew Barrymore?

10 minutes ago, danderson500 said:

Given the toxic situation with Ellen, does anybody think that enough backlash could cause viewers to switch to Drew Barrymore?

I doubt it.

Many markets have both shows in different timeslots, and I picture some viewers watching the first week or even just the premiere before switching back.

Some viewers still watch/love Ellen regardless of her and her producers being a vile snakes to her staff (and thanks to some frequent guests recently defending her as a kind, charitable, relatable person 

[andnotbecausetheyrerichandfamouslikeher]), and that won't change overnight.

Just now, Action Newsroom said:

I doubt it.

Many markets have both shows in different timeslots, and I picture some viewers watching the first week or even just the premiere before switching back.

Some viewers still watch/love Ellen regardless of her and her producers being a vile snakes to her staff (and thanks to some frequent guests recently defending her as a kind, charitable, relatable person 

[andnotbecausetheyrerichandfamouslikeher]), and that won't change overnight.

Drew will be leading into Ellen in Charlotte (WCCB).

1 hour ago, ScottJ said:

Meanwhile, in Albany, Hubbard sister station WNYT will be relegating Tamron to 2:37am as of 9/14, when Drew Barrymore takes over the 11am slot. But Tamron is being added to duopoly partner WNYA's schedule at 7pm starting on the 14th. So an improved time slot on a lesser station.

Which listings source goes to the 14th already? None of the ones I use (Zap2It and TitanTV) do.

11 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

Which listings source goes to the 14th already? None of the ones I use (Zap2It and TitanTV) do.

TV Guide, but theirs are not accurate at all. TV Passport does but only to the current hour. And Zap2it does if you go by grid. I think WMYT’s listings are accurate but not WAXN’s. I have some more changes to post but waiting til Titan TV shows the listings for the 14th tomorrow to post.

3 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

TV Guide, but theirs are not accurate at all. TV Passport does but only to the current hour. And Zap2it does if you go by grid. I think WMYT’s listings are accurate but not WAXN’s. I have some more changes to post but waiting til tomorrow to post.

TV Passport only goes to the 7th for me and Zap2It won't let me go past the 12th even in grid form.

1 minute ago, scrabbleship said:

TV Passport only goes to the 7th for me and Zap2It won't let me go past the 12th even in grid form.

TitanTV is the one I use, but it only goes up to the 13th......

21 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

When was the last time anyone did? WLNY before CBS bought them? WSBK from 2001-04? I can't think of that many cases otherwise, prior to those two I can't remember the last time anyone aired J! before 7:00 PM ET. WTNH in the Fall of 1994, when they moved J! to 4:00 PM so they could air ET at 7:00 might have been the last case otherwise and that lasted not even six months.

WLNY was definitely the last for Wheel, so it was probably the last for J! too. The WCBS buyout took effect in March 2012. Only CJON in Newfoundland, Canada airs Wheel before 7:00 PM Eastern - at 5:00 PM local time or 3:30 ET, ever since they acquired it in 2014. Meanwhile, first-run J! airs as early as 9:30 AM in the Central Time Zone (with this example being WAKA in Alabama. They do air Wheel too, but at 6:30 of course).

That being said, WSYT in Syracuse airs J! at 6:30 ET when pre-empted by Thursday Night Football and World Series pregame since it's pre-empted at 7:30. They also air Wheel at 6:00 ET when FOX airs MLB games that start at 7:00, or at 5:30 if the game starts at 6:30. Last Thursday's games were cancelled at the last minute, so WSYT ended up airing Wheel and J! twice each - 5:30 and 6:00 and the regular 7:00 and 7:30. Also, due to the NFL Kickoff game starting at 7:00 ET next Thursday, WPBN in Traverse City, MI is planning to air Wheel and J! at 11:00 and 11:30 AM ET that morning, which means Wheel would air 4.5 hours before Canada and 8 hours before the rest of America. Decent chance CBSTVD will make them change that, though.

Live with Kelly and Ryan is repeating now on ABC owned stations throughout the country as well as other ABC stations that carry the show.  It looks like ABC World News Now is being reduced or completely pre-empted in favor of the Kelly and Ryan repeat.  WABC New York and WPVI Philadelphia don't appear to be airing World News Now at all anymore.  WABC now shows This Week with George Stephanopoulos airing late Sunday/early Monday instead and Tamron Hall through the week from 3-4AM.

16 hours ago, johnothy said:

Live with Kelly and Ryan is repeating now on ABC owned stations throughout the country as well as other ABC stations that carry the show.  It looks like ABC World News Now is being reduced or completely pre-empted in favor of the Kelly and Ryan repeat.  WABC New York and WPVI Philadelphia don't appear to be airing World News Now at all anymore.  WABC now shows This Week with George Stephanopoulos airing late Sunday/early Monday instead and Tamron Hall through the week from 3-4AM.

Accidentally deleted this post

8 hours ago, johnothy said:

KABC Los Angeles is now only airing the last ~25 minutes of WNN. The Kelly & Ryan repeat pre-empts the rest of it starting at 2:05.

Sept 14th. Seems like Action News at noon finally expands to one hour on WTAE-TV replacing the day old access hollywood airing. WPXI made the move a few years back. Speaking of WPXI, Right This Minute continues at 1pm before Rachel Ray at 2 and Days at 3.

Archived