2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

17 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

I guess it is going from one company to the other and the syndication contracts are overlapping. That happened when Big Bang Theory moved from WCCB to WJZY/WMYT two years ago. It aired on all 3 stations in Charlotte. But that was only for one week. Or maybe the listings were wrong.

These have been this way all year.  Before, WKRG and WFNA split the show between themselves for an hour a day (co-owned by Nexstar) while Sinclair (and their partner Deerfield) picked it up this past year.  Depends on who ultimately has the rights and if someone is brokering it to the other programmer.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

When WFLD started their 4pm newscast two weeks ago they added two runs of Family Feud at 3 and 3:30 leading into it. This is in addition to WPWR’s four airings from 5-7 assuming listings are correct. I am sure this will just be until September, but still, how did Chicago get six airings of Feud even temporarily?

Six episodes of Feud is going to be the norm. They are adding two more feeds, making it six per day. My information showed the two extra feeds starting on 9/14. Maybe it's already started, at least in some markets.

7 minutes ago, ScottJ said:

Six episodes of Feud is going to be the norm. They are adding two more feeds, making it six per day. My information showed the two extra feeds starting on 9/14. Maybe it's already started, at least in some markets.

Wow!!! I guess that is what WAXN is going to be replacing Mel Robbins with in daytime. WSOC doesn’t have room unless Wendy Williams moves over. They could put a run back at 12:30 if they shortened the midday news again.  I think Steve Harvey is hilarious but that is overkill.

Has anyone seek a schedule for CW+ stations? I asked our local affiliates for schedules the other day and the CW+ schedule they sent was dated from January, and still included Cops, Live PD and Sheriffs El Dorado County. It also had blanks in the 9:30 and 10p CDT weeknights.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:44 PM, Nelson R. said:

Wheel is already on WDAF, at 6:30. They have a 6:00 newscast so I don’t think they will be paired together but at least they will be on the same station. They also have Family Feud at 3 and 3:30.

Gotcha. Thanks, Nelson.

6 EP's of Family Feud is a bit too much and overkill as well just my opinion it is on for 2 hours first hour is on WXSP 6PM to 7PM then moves to sister station WOTV 7PM to 8PM. I'll check out TV Passport when Sep 14 is listed next week Monday or Tue to see if Nexstar will air 6 EP's of Family Feud.

8 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

6 EP's of Family Feud is a bit too much and overkill as well just my opinion it is on for 2 hours first hour is on WXSP 6PM to 7PM then moves to sister station WOTV 7PM to 8PM. I'll check out TV Passport when Sep 14 is listed next week Monday or Tue to see if Nexstar will air 6 EP's of Family Feud.

I totally agree, it is on from 8-10 on WAXN, not sure where Cox will put the other hour. It looks like King of Queens, Seinfeld and The Goldbergs are staying put according to promos they have just started running. And they have the 7pm and 10pm news produced by WSOC.

Disney seems to be continuing their WWTBAM? rerun strip into the fall; effective 8/31, it’s moving from WITI to WVTV as 6 is dropping it for (at least for now) a second run of Wendy Williams at 1pm (I imagine this is where Nick Cannon would’ve landed had he not...you know the rest).

If this remains a Wendy double run all fall (and WITI has done this in past seasons) it’d be a waste of a good timeslot for a show that needs it here like The Real (stuck in the overnight gutters of WMLW) or Rachael Ray (which apparently gets good numbers for WISN at 12:35am).  Heck, even an Access/Extra day-behind run wouldn’t be too bad.

12 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

Does anyone recall another syndicated show ever offering 6 feeds/plays per day? I vaguely remember a handful of stations airing extra episodes of Judge Judy years ago, but still, this move with Family Feud seems notably rare.

1 hour ago, patlovestv said:

Does anyone recall another syndicated show ever offering 6 feeds/plays per day? I vaguely remember a handful of stations airing extra episodes of Judge Judy years ago, but still, this move with Family Feud seems notably rare.

Besides the 4 Judge Judy runs a day you mention, there was a time in the early 2000s when Twentieth was sending 3 Simpsons feeds a day (WCGV was one of the stations that took all 3 at point)

12 minutes ago, Glimmer said:

Besides the 4 Judge Judy runs a day you mention, there was a time in the early 2000s when Twentieth was sending 3 Simpsons feeds a day (WCGV was one of the stations that took all 3 at point)

Big Bang Theory currently has 3 episodes a day M-F and (at least in Charlotte) four on weekends. WJZY airs one weekday and WMYT two. WMYT has all four on Sunday nights. WMYT also has four Two and a Half Men and four Modern Family episodes on Sunday nights.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, ScottJ said:

Green Bay must be an extreme exception then, as WBAY only runs it twice (9/4:30). I wonder if they'll finally ditch the Pawn Stars rerun leading into their noon show to take a third episode this fall?

6 hours ago, Glimmer said:

Disney seems to be continuing their WWTBAM? rerun strip into the fall; effective 8/31, it’s moving from WITI to WVTV as 6 is dropping it for (at least for now) a second run of Wendy Williams at 1pm (I imagine this is where Nick Cannon would’ve landed had he not...you know the rest).

If this remains a Wendy double run all fall (and WITI has done this in past seasons) it’d be a waste of a good timeslot for a show that needs it here like The Real (stuck in the overnight gutters of WMLW) or Rachael Ray (which apparently gets good numbers for WISN at 12:35am).  Heck, even an Access/Extra day-behind run wouldn’t be too bad.

I thought they originally had The Real to begin with; then Scripps/WTMJ had it for a season in the 2pm black hole and it jumped to WMLW, who last season decided a six-hour court show block would do just as well. 

3 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

So, KTAL and KSHV will be airing the same episode of Rachael Ray at 2pm in a simulcast with each other beginning September 14th. 

Lord, help us. Was Access Daily not an option??

'TAL isn't NBC O&O to air AD (like how most NBC O&Os including WCAU that DO air ACCESSDaily) Ray could be on KTBS instead of KSHV....

New season of People’s Court starts September 7 and they will be having virtual court. 

“No smoking in court!”

”I didn’t realize you could see.” 😂

Also Brett Baldeck confirms it is staying on WJZY/WMYT. Doesn’t mention times. I assume they will be the same.

21 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

So, KTAL and KSHV will be airing the same episode of Rachael Ray at 2pm in a simulcast with each other beginning September 14th. 

Lord, help us. Was Access Daily not an option??

Relax. It's likely a victim of what a former PD friend of mine used to call the "silly season" in September, before new shows and/or new contracts start.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:07 AM, Colortini said:

Drew Barrymore will air at 9am on WCBS in New York and it will also air later in the day on sister station WLNY.  I thought Hot Bench was doing well at 9 so I assume that will move to WLNY like The Doctors did a few years back to make room for Hot Bench.  

I can’t imagine she’ll do well up against Live with Kelly and Ryan but time will tell...

Hot Bench is not listed at all in the NYC DMA beyond 9/11. I have Xfinity, which shows TV listings up to 23 days in advance.

WMYT and WAXN have some changes starting September 7.

WMYT:

9am Justice With Judge Mabelean (replaces The Real)

9:30 America’s Court With Judge Ross (replaces The Real)

1:30 The Verdict With Judge Hatchett (replaces one run of Protection Court)

2:30 Supreme Justice With Judge Karen Mills (replaces one run of Divorce Court)

Early morning changes on WAXN. 

5am Right This Minute (replaces Pawn Stars)

6am Wendy Williams (replaces double run of Right This Minute), this repeat was previously on WSOC at 1:37 am, it moves from the very end to the beginning of the broadcast day

More changes to come on WMYT when Chicago PD, Caught in Providence and America Says disappear. I am surprised that The Real has been removed from their schedule, that is quite a downgrade at 9am, I wonder if it is changing stations? But I bet WJZY/WMYT got Nick Cannon. I saw a promo for Kelly Clarkson and Dr. Oz on WJZY last night but not The Real, hmmm? I hope the single run of Divorce Court is just temporary.

And more changes to come on WAXN when Mel Robbins and The Game disappear.

TV Passport nor TV Guide have updated the changes, WSOC will probably have something else at 1:37 am now. 

I’ll have any late night changes later.

Divorce Court is the first show to start this season as they started on Monday with new judge and bailiff (Judge Faith Jenkins & Juan Bustamante who worked together before on “Judge Faith” from 2015-17) and a virtual audience.

Times are out for Drew Barrymore

WCCB will air her at 4pm (replacing one of the three runs of Maury) and at 1am (replacing the double run of How I Met Your Mother which is leaving syndication). 

Other NC market airtimes:

WLOS: 3pm (replacing The Doctors)

WMYA: 3am

WGHP: 11am (replacing Wendy Williams)

WRAZ: 5pm: (replacing Kelly Clarkson repeat)

WCTI: 3pm

WSFX: 4pm and 2am

No second airing in Triad, Triangle or Wilmington or even in Atlanta which just has the one airing on WUPA at 9am.

Archived