2020-21 Syndication News

mrschimpf

On 8/3/2020 at 5:32 PM, Nelson R. said:

If Extra moved to another station in Pittsburgh besides the CW station, I suppose it could move to WPXI, they could move one of the Right this Minute airings to late night, but they are a Cox station.

Extra aired on KDKA at 1:37 for roughly 20 years, I doubt that would change. Access Hollywood has been running on one day delay at 12:30pm on WTAE for decades. Basically filler.

With the emphasis on local, I'm surprised KDKA didn't just revive Evening Magazine when Insider ended.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/24/2020 at 8:43 PM, Nelson R. said:

Or they could air People TV at 7 and Inside Edition at 7:30.  Regardless WPCH already airs BBT at 10:30. They might as well take the double run from WGCL. 

Or even better: People TV at 10:30 on WPCH (eliminating Big Bang Theory); Inside Edition stays put at 10:00.

2 hours ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Or even better: People TV at 10:30 on WPCH (eliminating Big Bang Theory); Inside Edition stays put at 10:00.

Anyone know if Meredith is forcing its stations to play People TV in prime access, or can it be played wherever the stations want? (Cough, "Daily Blast Live," cough.)

Speaking of DBL, are there any plans to expand it beyond the shallow ring just beyond the Tegna stations? I may have said this here before, but it's a great concept -- I haven't seen it enough to judge the execution.

5 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Anyone know if Meredith is forcing its stations to play People TV in prime access, or can it be played wherever the stations want? (Cough, "Daily Blast Live," cough.)

Speaking of DBL, are there any plans to expand it beyond the shallow ring just beyond the Tegna stations? I may have said this here before, but it's a great concept -- I haven't seen it enough to judge the execution.

It’s a good thing for WCNC it isn’t required to air DBL in prime access or it would’ve had to give up Jeopardy and Wheel. Though it would’ve freed up the 2pm slot for them to pick up something else.

9 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

At least 15 non-Tegna stations have carried DBL since last September, and a good number of them dump it in the overnight hours.

40 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

At least 15 non-Tegna stations have carried DBL since last September, and a good number of them dump it in the overnight hours.

And Scripps dumped it after one season, for the most part (mostly as overnight or post-DOOL/GH timefiller) . It was 100% indistinguishable from RightThisMinute or The List, at least the 'Grandma's Viral Video Rundown' segments.

I saw a promo for Drew Barrymore it will air at 10AM which Mel Robbins currently is aired at on Fox17. As for DBL it sucks and should be aired in the afternoon not in prime access at 7:30PM on WZZM I always thought that they could've moved Hot Bench to 10AM in fall of 2017 which they put the now canceled Sister Circle at 10AM & put the first year Page Six TV at 10:30AM which I think WZZM may have wanted to put Page Six TV at 7:30PM after ET but was force to air DBL at 7:30PM. Or they could've put Page Six TV in 1AM time slot and ditched the ET repeat at 1AM.

Well...tuned in to WKRG today at 4pm and....

No newscast, just a Kelly Clarkson episode.

Looks like someone jumped the gun on the TV listings.  It did seem kind of off since I have seen zero promotion for this new newscast and only the fact that KC is "moving" to WFNA, likely simulcasting the same episode, for now.

I guess I'll try again after Labor day....

As noted in Out and About, WAFB, the CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge, has expanded their 6pm news to an hour, which displaces the 6:30 airing of Family Feud. They have probably moved that airing to the MyNet subchannel. 

On 8/10/2020 at 12:17 AM, Megatron81 said:

I saw a promo for Drew Barrymore it will air at 10AM which Mel Robbins currently is aired at on Fox17. As for DBL it sucks and should be aired in the afternoon not in prime access at 7:30PM on WZZM I always thought that they could've moved Hot Bench to 10AM in fall of 2017 which they put the now canceled Sister Circle at 10AM & put the first year Page Six TV at 10:30AM which I think WZZM may have wanted to put Page Six TV at 7:30PM after ET but was force to air DBL at 7:30PM. Or they could've put Page Six TV in 1AM time slot and ditched the ET repeat at 1AM.

Just saw one for WCCB and they didn’t mention a time. It starts September 14. Guess they haven’t decided? The website doesn’t list times either. As I mentioned earlier I think it will probably replace one of the three airings of Maury. That makes the most sense.

Drew Barrymore will air at 9am on WCBS in New York and it will also air later in the day on sister station WLNY.  I thought Hot Bench was doing well at 9 so I assume that will move to WLNY like The Doctors did a few years back to make room for Hot Bench.  

I can’t imagine she’ll do well up against Live with Kelly and Ryan but time will tell...

9 hours ago, Colortini said:

Drew Barrymore will air at 9am on WCBS in New York and it will also air later in the day on sister station WLNY.  I thought Hot Bench was doing well at 9 so I assume that will move to WLNY like The Doctors did a few years back to make room for Hot Bench.  

I can’t imagine she’ll do well up against Live with Kelly and Ryan but time will tell...

Airing at 9am too on KYW, displacing The Doctors who will likely move to WPSG.

On 8/5/2020 at 7:14 AM, Superdude said:

Extra aired on KDKA at 1:37 for roughly 20 years, I doubt that would change. Access Hollywood has been running on one day delay at 12:30pm on WTAE for decades. Basically filler.

With the emphasis on local, I'm surprised KDKA didn't just revive Evening Magazine when Insider ended.

If KDKA-TV's new 7:30 PM Newscast is focused on light  news, they have lost me as a viewer. I would like to see Evening Magazine come back or expand "Living Room Sports".

According to Broadcasting + Cable, The Drew Barrymore Show will go live from her New York based studio. Apparently that wasn't the original plan but producers have elected to go live in an effort to be as topical as possible. Based on Colortini reporting that the show will air in the 9 a.m. spot on WCBS, it is logical to assume she will go live at 9 a.m.  

https://www.nexttv.com/news/ctd-reminds-viewers-why-theyve-always-loved-drew

I'm guessing she is going to be broadcasting from Studio 41 at CBS Broadcast Center, the former home of Mel Robbins. But the story does not confirm that detail.

16 hours ago, carolinanews4 said:

According to Broadcasting + Cable, The Drew Barrymore Show will go live from her New York based studio. Apparently that wasn't the original plan but producers have elected to go live in an effort to be as topical as possible. Based on Colortini reporting that the show will air in the 9 a.m. spot on WCBS, it is logical to assume she will go live at 9 a.m.  

I'm guessing she is going to be broadcasting from Studio 41 at CBS Broadcast Center, the former home of Mel Robbins. But the story does not confirm that detail.

WCCB has the 700 Club at 9am, and that is unlikely to change. 

1 hour ago, carolinanews4 said:

I believe the promo included in the article indicates KCBS will air Drew at 2PM, which should displace Funny You Should Ask.

Other notes for Drew:

- Not that this is news anymore, but in Baltimore and Minneapolis, WJZ (WMAR instead) and WCCO (KARE instead) aren't airing it. What's the history behind CBSTVD shows on those, besides also having more non-CBS-cookie-cutter-style news operations?

- In Washington, it will air on WJLA at 3PM, which displaces Hot Bench. 

Speaking of Drew, I can confirm that she's landed at KFOR and will be airing at 2pm starting September 14th, which means the Doctors is moving to KAUT and will most likely replace Mel Robbins at 4pm.

24 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I believe the promo included in the article indicates KCBS will air Drew at 2PM, which should displace Funny You Should Ask.

Other notes for Drew:

- Not that this is news anymore, but in Baltimore and Minneapolis, WJZ (WMAR instead) and WCCO (KARE instead) aren't airing it. What's the history behind CBSTVD shows on those, besides also having more non-CBS-cookie-cutter-style news operations?

- In Washington, it will air on WJLA at 3PM, which displaces Hot Bench. 

WCCO would have had to displace Ellen to air it so there's that. Only time will tell if that was a good call.

As for WJZ, it's past time for Maury to be shown the door. 

1 hour ago, carolinanews4 said:

Do we know who's airing Drew in the Asheville-Greenville area?

1 hour ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

WCCO would have had to displace Ellen to air it so there's that. Only time will tell if that was a good call.

As for WJZ, it's past time for Maury to be shown the door. 

I know this may be a question that @rkolsen can answer but why hasn't WJZ shown Maury the door?

If I were the GM of WJZ I would've shown Maury the door a long time ago.

It's appauling that in 2020 we still have some Big 3 network affiliates airing a show that clearly belongs on another station not on a Big 3 affiliate (Maury)

Looked on the website for Drew Barrymore's talker and WFNA will be airing it in the Mobile-Pensacola market.   So this likely means that the hour of Big Bang Theory will be staying put at 3pm on WKRG.

And I also checked TitanTV and they have Kelly Clarkson airing at 4 p.m. on both WKRG and WFNA this week.   Starting at Monday's listings they have the 4 p.m. newscast.

We shall see.....

46 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

I know this may be a question that @rkolsen can answer but why hasn't WJZ shown Maury the door?

If I were the GM of WJZ I would've shown Maury the door a long time ago.

It's appauling that in 2020 we still have some Big 3 network affiliates airing a show that clearly belongs on another station not on a Big 3 affiliate (Maury)

With that said, WVLA in Baton Rouge and KDNL in St. Louis say hello....

Worth noting WDSU in New Orleans dropped Maury in 2018 after 27 years (counting his previous 1991-98 Paramount-distributed show); WNOL airs the program now....

23 minutes ago, J1975am said:

With that said, WVLA in Baton Rouge and KDNL in St. Louis say hello....

Worth noting WDSU in New Orleans dropped Maury in 2018 after 27 years (counting his previous 1991-98 Paramount-distributed show); WNOL airs the program now....

I mentioned "some" I didn't mention who else that still air Maury to this day that's still a big three affiliate in fact I was referring to WVLA and KDNL when I mentioned some

Archived