Irish-Saxe Productions

cxd7346

Check this out! Irish-Saxe (now just Irish Productions) produced some content including themes and images for local tv stations in the ‘80s. They were based out of Appleton, Wisconsin. Ed Saxe has his own business now doing jingle packages and has confirmed they have done many tv image and theme campaigns.

Check out some of their work! 

I'd run across a newspaper article about them while doing research on Appleton, particularly in re: the NFL work and the Menards classic. The "TV-29" jingle is not one I'd heard before... KITN/WFTC?

2 hours ago, cxd7346 said:

Check this out! Irish-Saxe (now just Irish Productions) produced some content including themes and images for local tv stations in the ‘80s. They were based out of Appleton, Wisconsin. Ed Saxe has his own business now doing jingle packages and has confirmed they have done many tv image and theme campaigns.

Check out some of their work! 

I think WDSU in New Orleans may have been one of their clients since (as seen in one of the '85 Christmas tapes posted on YouTube by longtime employee Steve Griggs) they had customized musical "highlights" for the '85 Saints season...

Surprised to see this thread!!! This company has been a subject of interest to me, given that I live about 20 miles or so south. That said, I had no idea that either Ed Saxe or Mitch (edit: Or Keith) Irish were still in business. I'd swear I've heard a ton of their work on local TV over the years (well, Green Bay would've been their "home" market), but I wouldn't have the confidence to confirm that it's their work.

They also took on a little bit of recording work from local musicians; in fact 2 of my uncles cut an album up there---

https://www.discogs.com/Another-World-Production-The-End-Of-The-Age/release/10402732

6 minutes ago, Chief-O said:

This company has been a subject of interest to me, given that I live about 20 miles or so south. That said, I had no idea that either Ed Saxe or Mitch Irish were still in business. I'd swear I've heard a ton of their work on local TV over the years (well, Green Bay would've been their "home" market), but I wouldn't have the confidence to confirm that it's their work.

They also took on a little bit of recording work from local musicians; in fact 2 of my uncles cut an album up there---

https://www.discogs.com/Another-World-Production-The-End-Of-The-Age/release/10402732

Ed Saxe started his own jingle company some years ago. He has done MANY iconic jingles in my area that have been running for many years. It’s very hard to find information on his company though.

Archived