WPRI New Set?

who?cares

It appears WPRI is on temporary digs.

Take a look at this shot from yesterday. They are using this monitor for everything including two shots, then using the Chroma for weather.

image.thumb.png.bdb5ac08231203ae8e2b51e2f39ea82f.png

This is the set they were using on March 22nd.

image.png

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, AaronQ said:

So WPRI/WNAC showed a sneak peak of the said new set, with a rebrand and new graphics. They're launching a 4pm on September 9th. They'll be called "12 News Now", and it sounds like that they're gonna drop Newsforce in favor of Aerial.
https://www.wpri.com/on-air/wpri-12-launches-12-news-now/
12news-4-team.jpg?resize=1280,706

They're going with the Nexstar Fox pack, it looks like.

17 minutes ago, AaronQ said:

So WPRI/WNAC showed a sneak peak of the said new set, with a rebrand and new graphics. They're launching a 4pm on September 9th. They'll be called "12 News Now", and it sounds like that they're gonna drop Newsforce in favor of Aerial.
https://www.wpri.com/on-air/wpri-12-launches-12-news-now/
12news-4-team.jpg?resize=1280,706

So, um, similar creative direction to KFOR, albeit with a worse graphics package.

KFOR – Oklahoma City | The Cook's Angelman Journey

19 minutes ago, Marvin Dillweed said:

Any word on how they plan to brand newscasts on WNAC/Fox Providence?

On their live stream page, it says it is News 12 Now at 10.  Set is a big improvement, graphics, better but eh.  Not sure this would siphon viewers from Sinclair's WJAR.  Content will do that.

1 hour ago, JohnnyNews said:

Ngl the fox pack goes with their brand very well!

Especially since they are paired with WNAC.  It is a good look.

My first impression was of Sinclair's WPEC logo-wise, but it's a nice upgrade of their prior logo.  I always hated the mixed case on "EYEwitness" and how the lowercase aligned with the uppercase.

I wish stations like WKBN would have done the same as WPRI/WNAC, since it's their CBS package that airs on WYFX's newscasts.

Overall I say it's a good upgrade for WPRI.  But I think Newsforce has a superior sound to Aerial, at least when comparing those two.

It's a bit odd watching them using the Fox pkg for a CBS station (notwithstanding newscasts on "Fox Providence").  But it seems to fit their branding well.

7 hours ago, AJClementeFan69 said:

The logo/graphics are a downgrade from what they had before as far as I'm concerned. I'll never understand Nexstar's obsession with Aerial.

Did they commission Aerial? I agree, I really don't like it. Almost anything is better than Aerial.

28 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

Did they commission Aerial? I agree, I really don't like it. Almost anything is better than Aerial.

I distincTly remember that it waS first Commissioned by tHe junior partnEr in a duopoly in the south - An indePendent, if memory serves right.

Archived