Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Sign in to follow this  
newsman123

WBNS/WTHR

I am genuinely curious to hear from insiders, how these two stations have changed under Tegna, and the current climate there. There have been a series of departures. Hard to tell if its just pandemic/economic climate or Tegna related. Also, why hasnt WBNS named a new main anchor yet? Anyone inside know? Are the stations going to completely clean house and change format like WKYC etc? 

Not an insider, so I'm totally spitballing, but WTHR has changed. I can't quite pinpoint it, but after it being my go-to for the last 17 years (with plenty of flipping to the others), something has felt off with the departures and focus on stories. Even with the sometimes revolving door and ownership changes at WISH, it's felt consistent, as has really the others in the market (WRTV and WXIN), so I don't think the market or landscape is changing.