KTBS new graphics

T.L. Hughes

KTBS ditched their Giant Octopus graphics on Friday (July 3). Along with their new package, the station has switched from 360's "Breakthrough" to Stephen Arnold's "Guardian". It also ditched the rounded, gold background behind the call letters, although it still appears in the "Mega 3 Storm Team" logo. (Weather graphics have not been changed. carrying over the look from their previous package.)

44 minutes ago, kfc513 said:

They're using another Giant Octopus syndicated look: https://www.giantoctopus.com/copy-of-bold-news-syndicated-syndic.

HOW ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS???!?

What do you mean by that? Is there some kind of beef you have with Giant Octopus, or do you have any kind of beef with KTBS in general? 

Or are you just not a fan of these graphics at all? So far, I don't see anything wrong with them....

2 hours ago, J1975am said:

What do you mean by that? Is there some kind of beef you have with Giant Octopus, or do you have any kind of beef with KTBS in general? 

I have no issues with either one, I'm just surprised that Giant Octopus is still in business even though they're nearly dormant.

2 hours ago, J1975am said:

Or are you just not a fan of these graphics at all? So far, I don't see anything wrong with them....

The graphics are fine. Although I should point out that KTBS' version of the lower thirds looks a lot like the ones used by WMC, WXIX and KOLO.

9 minutes ago, kfc513 said:

I have no issues with either one, I'm just surprised that Giant Octopus is still in business even though they're nearly dormant.

The graphics are fine. Although I should point out that KTBS' version of the lower thirds looks a lot like the ones used by WMC, WXIX and KOLO.

Which would be quite ironic, considering that those stations are all owned by Gray Television, which owns KTBS rival KSLA.

Also, when I stumbled upon the videos used for this particular thread, I wasn't familiar with KTBS 3 News Texarkana. Is it a reformatting of the 6:30 half-hour of its 6:00 p.m. newscast? Is it exclusive to the KTBS 24-Hour News channel? I couldn't find it in their listings. (It should be noted it would be the second Texarkana-focused newscast on one of the Shreveport stations, since KTAL - which is actually licensed to Texarkana, Texas - produces two half-hour weekday newscasts centered on the Arkansas/Texas border city for KSHV.)

1 hour ago, kfc513 said:

So, after the GO transition to FX Group property was completed, both founders Rey Rodriguez and Ruth Dial left. Rey eventually founded the Linear Drift agency and Ruth became an independent design director for hire (her works include WLS 2013 and KSTP 2015). However last year she signed a new contract with FX Group to start producing content for GO again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 4:19 PM, T.L. Hughes said:

Which would be quite ironic, considering that those stations are all owned by Gray Television, which owns KTBS rival KSLA.

Also, when I stumbled upon the videos used for this particular thread, I wasn't familiar with KTBS 3 News Texarkana. Is it a reformatting of the 6:30 half-hour of its 6:00 p.m. newscast? Is it exclusive to the KTBS 24-Hour News channel? I couldn't find it in their listings. (It should be noted it would be the second Texarkana-focused newscast on one of the Shreveport stations, since KTAL - which is actually licensed to Texarkana, Texas - produces two half-hour weekday newscasts centered on the Arkansas/Texas border city for KSHV.)

I don't think KTAL does that for KSHV anymore.

It feels like like a Gray package. However, I think this was a submission for WPVI. The colors and obviously the font in the demo align with that idea.

KTBS does not know how to use the Time/Temp bug. It's lopsided.

I know this is a syndicated package, but I love this look.   I think they could use new duratrans behind the anchors, but other than that--this is a sharp look for them.  Nice job.

12 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

It feels like like a Gray package. However, I think this was a submission for WPVI. The colors and obviously the font in the demo align with that idea.

KTBS does not know how to use the Time/Temp bug. It's lopsided.

I also got that Gray vibe on the L3s, especially.   As for the time/temp bug, I think if they centered the time/temp font, it would look better

Archived