Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
DonDonP1

KCPQ Switching to O&O Look?

Ooh...the OCD in me makes me cringe when they use the Full Logo Theme Cut instead of the last second of the 3 tone Logo Theme.

It will synch to the opening of the Q13 News title card with the swipe transition. Which right now it currently doesn’t.

1 hour ago, SFTV said:

Ooh...the OCD in me makes me cringe when they use the Full Logo Theme Cut instead of the last second of the 3 tone Logo Theme.

It will synch to the opening of the Q13 News title card with the swipe transition. Which right now it currently doesn’t.

Hello. Someday, I plan to do a fan-made resynch/rescore vid on what should have been.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Samantha said:

Why in the world are they using any OSI package cuts?

WTXF in Philly is still using OSI for their main theme. I think Beyond is only used for breaking news.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Love the use of light blue on the edges of the L3, in lieu of red like the rest of the stations.

Last I checked, KMSP is using this color scheme, as well.

• Like 4

Hate saying this, but I'm already liking the new Q13 News opens. I just wished OSI Music stick around a little while longer on some FOX O&O stations.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

Hate saying this, but I'm already liking the new Q13 News opens. I just wished OSI Music stick around a little while longer on some FOX O&O stations.

Yea kinda lost on them using the OSI Music along with using the Beyond Music Package. They must've gotten special permission from FOX to bring it back in terms of licensing, or they brought the license outright and can use it whenever they want they just dropped it from FOX Stations.  however WTXF so there not getting any shade. My prediction was right they stay Q13 and not have the FOX that's a good thing there known as the FOX Station in that market and with the look and programming viewers visiting out of town will notice. I guess it kind of unique using both OSI Music nd Beyond together I guess that makes sense.

• Like 3

To me, the new weather graphics seem to be the most consistent and cohesive across all the elements used in all of the displays that I have seen so far between it and its sister stations, unless I forgot something odd. I agree the OSI theme is nostalgic, but it's very much still alive at not just WTXF, but also at WTTG/KRIV/KSAZ/etc. in some of their bumpers, stings, and more, so it's never really been dead. But this is definitely the most blatant use of OSI and I'll be honest, I'm really perplexed with this choice. Beyond has so many great cuts, so I don't know what about them don't work with the Seattle market, especially since this would be the first time OSI is deployed in the market.

• Like 2