KCPQ Switching to O&O Look?

DonDonP1

Ooh...the OCD in me makes me cringe when they use the Full Logo Theme Cut instead of the last second of the 3 tone Logo Theme.

It will synch to the opening of the Q13 News title card with the swipe transition. Which right now it currently doesn’t.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SFTV said:

Ooh...the OCD in me makes me cringe when they use the Full Logo Theme Cut instead of the last second of the 3 tone Logo Theme.

It will synch to the opening of the Q13 News title card with the swipe transition. Which right now it currently doesn’t.

Hello. Someday, I plan to do a fan-made resynch/rescore vid on what should have been.

6 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

Hate saying this, but I'm already liking the new Q13 News opens. I just wished OSI Music stick around a little while longer on some FOX O&O stations.

Yea kinda lost on them using the OSI Music along with using the Beyond Music Package. They must've gotten special permission from FOX to bring it back in terms of licensing, or they brought the license outright and can use it whenever they want they just dropped it from FOX Stations.  however WTXF so there not getting any shade. My prediction was right they stay Q13 and not have the FOX that's a good thing there known as the FOX Station in that market and with the look and programming viewers visiting out of town will notice. I guess it kind of unique using both OSI Music nd Beyond together I guess that makes sense.

To me, the new weather graphics seem to be the most consistent and cohesive across all the elements used in all of the displays that I have seen so far between it and its sister stations, unless I forgot something odd. I agree the OSI theme is nostalgic, but it's very much still alive at not just WTXF, but also at WTTG/KRIV/KSAZ/etc. in some of their bumpers, stings, and more, so it's never really been dead. But this is definitely the most blatant use of OSI and I'll be honest, I'm really perplexed with this choice. Beyond has so many great cuts, so I don't know what about them don't work with the Seattle market, especially since this would be the first time OSI is deployed in the market.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to miss the Tribune graphics. FOX is the only company to make graphics outside of their O&O markets look and controlled very good.  I dig the new mic flags for WITI. Makes them very reminiscent of the horizontal box kite look, but without the box kite.

Another thing is that I wish they kept the Tribune graphics as openers and transitions, and replace the bottom graphics and ticker with the O&O look just like what FOX did to WNYW, as an example

Another thing is that I wish they kept the Tribune graphics as openers and transitions, and replace the bottom graphics and ticker with the O&O look just like what FOX did to WNYW, as an example

• 6 months later...
59 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Don't know why they DIDN'T do this in the first place?.......

It seems a bit off to use the OSI theme for the opens and Beyond for the bumpers.

They wanted to be different, I guess 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Archived