Spectrum News 1?

CLT-DCA-ORF-PTI

So, I happened to turn on my Spectrum on my Apple TV, and noticed that Spectrum News (NC-Charlotte) is now Spectrum News 1. Anyone heard anything about this change? Everything else is the same, but after searching the internet, I didn't see anything about it. (I know it isn't earth shattering news, but I am extremely curious why there was a change!) 

2 hours ago, CLT-DCA-ORF-PTI said:

So, I happened to turn on my Spectrum on my Apple TV, and noticed that Spectrum News (NC-Charlotte) is now Spectrum News 1. Anyone heard anything about this change? Everything else is the same, but after searching the internet, I didn't see anything about it. (I know it isn't earth shattering news, but I am extremely curious why there was a change!) 

There was a notice that they were moving the NC channel positions to 1 today and renaming it...seems like they're going to make Channel 1 corporate-wide the Spectrum News home.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Earlier today I saw an FB post by Ashley Claster.  She is saying that the DFW area is getting a Spectrum News 1 channel starting the middle of next month.  So far I'm only finding more social media about it from her, although she claims another reporter has been hired to work with her.  Her FB post shows a picture of Ashley holding a Spectrum News microphone.  Her Twitter post shows a pic of Ashley holding a Spectrum News 1 cap and standing in front of the downtown Dallas skyline.  I'd like to hope this is true, but her posts seem to be the only thing I'm finding about a DFW news channel launch.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 8:46 PM, Asomrjsurf said:

KC hasen't got it yet on Sprectrum/Comcast and so on that pick up Sprectrumsportskc channels.

Spectrum 1 will never be carried on Comcast as it’s a competitor and it’s designed as a marketing ploy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Spectrum News 1 DFW is running (I’m watching it right now at my parents in McKinney). 

From what I’ve read, the mornings and late afternoons are region specific, but I suspect middays are state-wide - I’m seeing stories based out of Austin/San Antonio (2pm CT), rather than local DFW info... 

When I get a chance, I’ll login and run 2 streams (Austin and Dallas) to see where the content is identical vs. the same...

Jim

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:43 PM, mrschimpf said:

There was a notice that they were moving the NC channel positions to 1 today and renaming it...seems like they're going to make Channel 1 corporate-wide the Spectrum News home.

Does this include News 13 and Bay News 9? Because those name still have a lot of cache in Florida. 

38 minutes ago, compubit said:

Spectrum News 1 DFW is running (I’m watching it right now at my parents in McKinney). 

From what I’ve read, the mornings and late afternoons are region specific, but I suspect middays are state-wide - I’m seeing stories based out of Austin/San Antonio (2pm CT), rather than local DFW info... 

When I get a chance, I’ll login and run 2 streams (Austin and Dallas) to see where the content is identical vs. the same...

Jim

I watched SPN1 here in DFW and in the evenings they talk about Austin San Antonio and even Corpus Christi. But the weather segments are specifically for the DFW and North Texas Region.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyNews said:

I watched SPN1 here in DFW and in the evenings they talk about Austin San Antonio and even Corpus Christi. But the weather segments are specifically for the DFW and North Texas Region.

I think the model is pretty much statewide news, then a local weather insert. I know in New York, SN1 seems to be “vertically aligned” in the upstate: Buffalo, then Corning-Elmira/Rochester, Binghamton/Syracuse/Watertown, and Albany/Hudson River Valley...

I’ll try to login tonight to “watch” Austin on the computer, and likewise DFW on the TV...

J

• 5 months later...

Guess this is the best thread for it... unless I'm wrong, it looks like for the coverage of the Derek Chauvin verdict, Spectrum News 1 has a national feed going out on the regional news channels. First time I've seen them do live national coverage.

Definitely a little unusual compared to the very soft news that they typically have on Spectrum News 1 Wisconsin.

Edited by LoadStar

1 hour ago, LoadStar said:

Guess this is the best thread for it... unless I'm wrong, it looks like for the coverage of the Derek Chauvin verdict, Spectrum News 1 has a national feed going out on the regional news channels. First time I've seen them do live national coverage.

Nationalized coverage has become standard with these types of stories on the Spectrum News networks; usually it's hosted out of either NY1 or the Washington bureau, and of course they do simulcasts of items such as the SOTU and press conferences depending on the local op's discretion.

Seems like News12 is taking a similar stance with coverage.. this morning all regions took the Long Island feed for the shooting at Stop and Shop. This afternoon for the verdict  it seemed they all took the New Jersey feed.. it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out in the future especially with the development of the News 12 New York feed online 

• 1 year later...

Moving from Philly to Los Angeles last year, I figured SN1 would be a nice benefit of having Spectrum as the only internet option in our area. However, if you don't also subscribe to a cable package it seems like they REALLY don't want you to be able to watch SN1 on a television. You can stream all the SN channels via the phone or tablet app, but there's no Roku app, no Google Play app available for my Android TV devices, no option to cast the stream from my phone to my Android TV devices; it won't even let me mirror the screen from my Android tablet! There's only an Airplay option, which is a device I don't have.

I'd likely watch SN1 LA (along with the other SN channels around the country) about 100 percent more if I could watch it on a TV. If anybody is aware of something I'm not doing, let me know, but overall it's just been a huge disappointment.

30 minutes ago, PhillyWatch said:

I'd likely watch SN1 LA (along with the other SN channels around the country) about 100 percent more if I could watch it on a TV. If anybody is aware of something I'm not doing, let me know, but overall it's just been a huge disappointment.

They have now added all of the Spectrum News channels nationwide through the regular Spectrum app on Apple TV/Roku in the 2200s tier, though I don't know if it's available to watch through bare Internet packages without TV service.

1 hour ago, mrschimpf said:

They have now added all of the Spectrum News channels nationwide through the regular Spectrum app on Apple TV/Roku in the 2200s tier, though I don't know if it's available to watch through bare Internet packages without TV service.

I've tried logging in to the Spectrum app on my Roku with my Spectrum credentials, but in order to stream anything you need to be subscribed to a cable package. Bummer. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Was using the Spectrum App today and noticed these new SN1 network channel logos with a unified look...I think a new graphics package is in the making 🤔. This will also foretell something new for SportsNet LA's Dodger package (and the Lakers in 2023-24) is also in the works.

C06CA227-E0B3-4A9F-987D-37EBF0B057DE.jpeg