Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
LOWERCASE GUY

Coastal swings the ax in Casper: cuts at KTWO

On 6/30/2020 at 6:37 PM, CubsFan79 said:

Could Gray and KCWY TV take CBS away from KGWC TV. Where would that leave KGWC TV/ 

KGWC TV reminds me of KMEG TV in Sioux City when it had a affiliation with CBS and FOX. It had to compete with KTIV, KCAU. and KELO TV for news.  

With all that has happened, I think Gray has a much better case now if they wanted to make a second attempt.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:00 PM, WxNerd said:

IT CONTINUES: The Morning show is now gone.

I feel for them and everyone else affected by the budget cuts.

23 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

They said in the video that they weren't losing their jobs, just being reassigned.

• Like 1

Another takeaway from their press release is they mention their station in Tupelo, MS, which is WLOV Fox 27, completely run by Allen Media (WTVA) and Coastal Television is just the licensee. 

The station has been a shadow of WTVA since the early 90s.

It is definitely a spin job by the new owners, and the coverage of Wyoming by them has to be laughable.   Gray is the only company that is putting out full local newscasts in the entire state.

Had the sale with Legacy Broadcasting had gone through (since they were spawned as a result of the confilcts of the Gray-Hoak merger), there would at least have been a chance to enter into some kind of sharing agreement.

16 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Their morning show set is better than the news set.

-- Matt

I wonder what Leagcy broadcasting would have done with KTWO,KLWY, KFNB TV, and Gray TV with KGWC TV and KCWY TV.  Would these stations have improved under the two ownership groups if given approval by the FCC/DOJ.

Posted (edited)

On a side note, FTV live keeps using the logo I designed a few years ago in their articles. 

I feel bad for everyone affected.

96084CF1-2608-4CAE-BA86-24EDE1BB869D.png

1EADEADE-86DF-40CB-BD1F-089DD8D43895.png

9E4B144A-7C4A-45CC-9519-67DCB4C1C3FA.png

E8CD1FCF-20B2-4A61-A18A-D68F8183ECD2.png

Edited by HoosierNewsie
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've noticed that some  "fantasy" tv logos pop up when you search for a station on Google. 

Same goes with past logos that are no longer in use, but are floating around the internet on other sites.

Even did a Google search, and HoosierNewsie's logo popped up multiple times, more so than the actual logo itself.

Which means that their online presence sucks, and that one user on this site that cares more about their brand than the station itself can out-smart the Google algorithm by simply giving a hoot!

Edited by tyrannical bastard

Posted (edited)

I know a thing or two about this plight... 😁

5745FB2B-F38D-4E56-BF53-7B69773DCF67.thumb.jpeg.48aa947a1bb6da95cdd68abbd5784ab1.jpeg

Edited by Samantha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I should do a mock WKYC logo and see if Scott uses that in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Will the Supreme Court rule for  TOP 4 duopolies in smaller TV markets. Only time will tell. It took over a year for KDLT TV and GRAY TV with KSFY. Casper is a lot smaller than the Sioux Falls/Mitchell tv market. KELO and NEXTSTAR are the giants here, while Gray TV is a giant in Wyoming.  

The Contact TVNT Action Team On Your Side Investigators have combed through hundreds of pages of government documents (we ran a search) and we can report that, despite all these job cuts, the federal government paid out anywhere between $350,000 and $1,000,000 to Coastal Television from the Paycheck Protection Program to retain 30 jobs.

At this rate, 30 jobs will be all that's left across the company.

image.thumb.png.21edff706c3a402afb989b1735130d26.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DENDude said:

Their Cheyenne reporter walked out, and the lone meteorologist is leaving, their News Director doesn't know a thing about running a news operation since she was in Creative Services for several years (She made the old opens, reverse intros, etc. and if you go to YouTube and watch the old KTWO, it looks horrible. Her husband is a conspiracy theorist who works in Master Control. Neither are the brightest crayons in the box.) If anyone was smart, they would do research on KTWO BEFORE they apply.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

Their Cheyenne reporter walked out, and the lone meteorologist is leaving, their News Director doesn't know a thing about running a news operation since she was in Creative Services for several years (She made the old opens, reverse intros, etc. and if you go to YouTube and watch the old KTWO, it looks horrible. Her husband is a conspiracy theorist who works in Master Control. Neither are the brightest crayons in the box.) If anyone was smart, they would do research on KTWO BEFORE they apply.

Eh. Seems like the entire news division should A, be shutdown or converted to an SSA. The market clearly doesn't have any room.

The KTWO website is offline after weeks without any updates.  Coastal did register yourwyominglink.com back in July.  I'm assuming they will use the new address, and include CBS and FOX.

1 minute ago, effseesee said:

The KTWO website is offline after weeks without any updates.  Coastal did register yourwyominglink.com back in July.  I'm assuming they will use the new address, and include CBS and FOX.

Giving KGWC and KFNB websites would be one of a few very obvious updates they could make.

• Like 1