WBRC New Set

tyrannical bastard

2 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Heres some video

I don't think that theme is Aerial. Sounds like Propulsion?

No, it's "Aerial". The signature is audible (but sped up a bit in the arrangement) at the end of that open cut, which may be from a new update of the package or an existing cut that's not normally used for opens.

1 hour ago, T.L. Hughes said:

No, it's "Aerial". The signature is audible (but sped up a bit in the arrangement) at the end of that open cut, which may be from a new update of the package or an existing cut that's not normally used for opens.

Could have fooled me. 🤣😅

I wish they used that instead.

"Working in the Spirit of Alabama" 🤣

52 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

Why can't FOX Stations as well as O&O can't get a set like this?! Are you listening, KDFW?!

118864465_3166499966751657_3758815703089

Um, WAGA, KSAZ, KRIV, WJBK, and KTVU would all like to have several words with you as their sets were built by Devlin.

WBRC's new digs are okay. It's not spectacular, but it works for them. Easily on par with WVTM and WIAT, and a bit better than WBMA's.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 10:48 AM, TexasTVNews said:

Why can't FOX Stations as well as O&O (who already have new sets by Devlin) can't get a set like this?! Are you listening, KDFW?!

118864465_3166499966751657_3758815703089

Every set is (and should be) different, as it is a result of the set design team and each individual stations production needs, restrictions, studio size, budget, and last but not least, brand support.  Unless of course a client chooses to take more cookie cutter, one size fits all approach, which happens.  The client plays an important role in the creative direction a set project takes, a set designer doesn't, and shouldn't, dictate the final product.  The set design team needs to bring the required creative skills to the table, and then the creative journey begins.  Some stations rarely change sets because they believe what they currently have works for them or they're waiting for the set capital to become available.  All of that said, our field of work has always been extremely subjective... :)

10 hours ago, Dan Devlin said:

Every set is (and should be) different, as it is a result of the set design team and each individual stations production needs, restrictions, studio size, budget, and last but not least, brand support.  Unless of course a client chooses to take more cookie cutter, one size fits all approach, which happens.  The client plays an important role in the creative direction a set project takes, a set designer doesn't, and shouldn't, dictate the final product.  The set design team needs to bring the required creative skills to the table, and then the creative journey begins.  Some stations rarely change sets because they believe what they currently have works for them or they're waiting for the set capital to become available.  All of that said, our field of work has always been extremely subjective... :)

i'm glad you put that into perspective, because honestly i'm a big market guy so I expect more markets to have sets look like network-level sets, even for markets as small as Birmingham, Alabama. But yes it about station needs quality, brand Inter market, and what they represent in the market and there image in the market. 

Archived