WBRC New Set

tyrannical bastard

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if this is going to be a Devlin job? AFAIK, no one else in Alabama is getting a new set at this time.

Usually Gray (and Raycom) have been FX customers for their jobs, and some of the legacy Gray stations still have, for the most part, their standard-issue Gil Jimenez sets (with technical upgrades).

The only Devlin set at a Gray station I can recall is at KCRG, and this was before Gray bought them in 2015.

34 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I'm wondering if this is going to be a Devlin job? AFAIK, no one else in Alabama is getting a new set at this time.

Usually Gray (and Raycom) have been FX customers for their jobs, and some of the legacy Gray stations still have, for the most part, their standard-issue Gil Jimenez sets (with technical upgrades).

The only Devlin set at a Gray station I can recall is at KCRG, and this was before Gray bought them in 2015.

I just saw this, and was going to post it. 
Birmingham has really stepped up the set game and hopefully this will compete with WIAT and WVTM. 

On 7/7/2020 at 11:21 AM, tyrannical bastard said:

It was trapped in new member verification, but you might want to take a look at the post above yours now. I'd say that's confirmation. 😉

3 minutes ago, Weeters said:

It was trapped in new member verification, but you might want to take a look at the post above yours now. I'd say that's confirmation. 😉

Hope to hear more about this particular project from Mr. Devlin himself in the coming weeks. 👍

3 hours ago, who?cares said:

It’s a fun drive up the mountain. Beautiful view. 

It really is. That view overlooking the entire city is something else.

WBRC has a decent amount of studio space too - so I'm pretty pumped for what their set will look like.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 8:39 PM, Yankees4life said:

Hopefully, this means the end of those horrid Raycom brick graphics 

I confirmed they are getting new graphics.
They are also going to automation. 

11 hours ago, who?cares said:

I confirmed they are getting new graphics.
They are also going to automation. 

Is it the standard Gray look, or rather a different package?

7 hours ago, jbnews said:

Is it the standard Gray look, or rather a different package?

BRC was one of those legacy Raycom stations that had its own art department - at least as of a few years ago - but who knows today.

If VizRT is part of the upgrade, my guess is they'll get something standard.

• 1 month later...

Love the First Alert weather center, the anchor desk will take getting used to....the graphics however, not a fan. The lower thirds are sometimes hard to read and aren’t bold enough. Weather graphics are ok.... Definitely a downgrade from the previous package. Also wish they would have gone with a different music package, something more upbeat.

Love the set... curious as to how the morning show sit downs and music setups will look like. Seems they have some portable screens off in the corner to move around.

As for the graphics, I like them a lot besides that ticker. I feel like the time and temp is just thrown in there. Wish there was a clean cut rectangle there instead of a point. The weather graphics aren't the greatest but I think they will grow on me.

Archived