ABC SVP on leave following allegations of racism, abuse

mountainave

52 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

Just because she was great as a TV executive, that still doesn't mean she was also great as a person. It's possible someone can be the most fantastic, hardest-working and well-respected luminary in the business, and still be a hateful, shameless, ignorant, hardhearted ass in private. They exist. 

So true. I think where I was trying to go with the conversation is that there are so many layers to this. I do think she has an abusive personality that should be rooted out, the time has simply come to speak out and take action and I do like to see this change. But she is not the only one, there are many people like her and they stand together. Do we really think no one from HR and the Today show knew about Matt Lauer shenanigans? If Brian Williams was a minority, would he have been able to stay with the company and simply move to their cable news network?  It's a huge club of knowing each other and sticking up for each other.  There's simply a lot of work that needs to be done.  I've worked these types of people before, loud and alpha-like personalities. It's true that you can say these hurtful things and not be racist, these types of people hardly have any filter and believe they could get away with their ruthless actions.  They are in their positions of power just because our society and culture has rewarded them to be this way. 

EDIT: They talked about this on The View and Whoopi shared that she does not think Barbara is a racist: https://www.thewrap.com/whoopi-goldberg-barbara-fedida/

Archived