WTOP debuts new imaging package

tw-804

Washington D.C.'s all-news station WTOP debuted its brand-new music and imaging package yesterday (Monday, June 1st) created by Seattle-based ReelWorld. Gone are Non-Stop Music's News Central and First News packages.

http://www.reelworld.com/jingles/packages/wtop (click on "Listen to Full Package").

From DCRTV.com...

Listeners will notice "a bold new imaging package integrated with WTOP's news reports, traffic, weather and more," according to a WTOP news release. "Anchored by a vibrant and memorable sonic logo, the comprehensive suite of musical themes gives a sleek, modern edge to the WTOP brand and sets it firmly in line with today’s radio, media and tech landscape." WTOP collaborated with Seattle-based ReelWorld to develop "the unmistakable new sound" along with ReelWorld's co-founder Erik Huber. The package consists of 10 unique themes, covering all essential station benchmarks from top-of-hour to traffic, business, sports, breaking news, and more.

Thoughts?

46 minutes ago, tw-804 said:

Washington D.C.'s all-news station WTOP debuted its brand-new music and imaging package yesterday (Monday, June 1st) from Seattle-based ReelWorld. Gone are Non-Stop Music's News Central and First News packages.

http://www.reelworld.com/jingles/packages/wtop (click on "Listen to Full Package").

From DCRTV.com...

Thoughts?

I really like it. It's very modern and has a great ID. I think it would great on TV too.

This is amazing. I loved First News, but this is awesome. I love how with the Full Mix for the Top of the Hour, I heard something similar to claps, and burst out laughing, thinking C Clarity had popped up! Lol

I would love to see this as a TV News Theme too. 

It's a nice theme, but it lacks a lot of the metropolitan melody of, say, WCBS's Man Made rebrand. I suppose with WTOP in Washington it doesn't need that same flair - this package does carry a bit more authority to it.

2 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Wow. This sounds like NEWS. A package that makes me wanna tune in to WTOP to get my news. If only more packages were like this. A bravo and an encore to ReelWorld is deserved.

KRLD's Impact News is like that.

• 2 months later...

I guess I'm in the minority but it's too cold sounding for my taste. The drums are too intense - too hard hitting to make an intentional pun-  and you don't get the signature upfront. But then I didn't care much for First News either!

Archived