TEGNA stations deviating from C Clarity

I've found it interesting that there are a few TEGNA stations that have deviated from using the company news music package for production music during these tumultuous times in the news. Take for instance, KFMB and this open. They're using a production music track from Firstcom Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTxnR-BoinI 

Then you have KHOU; I'm assuming this is not part of C Clarity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GZyzqb3kk

I think this is good as C Clarity does not carry and appropriate tune or mood during the current climate of what is on the news right now. 

WNEP may have been sold to TEGNA, and the graphics may have changed, but the Cliff Schwartz cover version of MCTYW is still intact.  The WNEP theme music is pretty much left alone. ABC16 did NOT succumb to this C Clarity BS

On 6/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, tvnewsguy1211 said:

I think this is good as C Clarity does not carry and appropriate tune or mood during the current climate of what is on the news right now. 

Believe it or not, C Clarity actually has serious cuts.

It's no wonder why stations like KGW, WGRZ and (more importantly) WUSA were able to survive with the current audio package. They have demonstrated that the serious cuts can carry the exact same prominence and are more than applicable for their needs, just as many as This is Home.

9 minutes ago, bhratbrat said:

Honestly the best one to use C Clarity is KIII

KENS's morning open as seen here doesn't look too bad (in spite of you know who) 

KGW seems to use a lot of production music in the morning and even uses random tracks from This is Home on a fairly regular basis in their 4pm newscast, for some teases.

Their 6pm show "The Story" I assume is production music:

They also have other shows that aren't typical newscasts. Especially lately with COVID-19 their 7pm show has gone through several changes. They dropped "Tonight with Cassidy" entertainment show (which used lots of production music), probably since it relied on in-studio guests and events happening.

They did "KGW Q&A" for a few months and now are doing a show called "The Good Stuff".

I wonder if the Tegna Tank designed this: (most likely)

Their more recent episodes of The Good Stuff on their Youtube page have more reopen graphics and interesting camera shots...

While it’s not a Tegna station KMGH has a track record of straying from the standard issue Scripps music packages in its newscast opens.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:46 AM, Georgie56 said:

WFAA uses production music for all of Daybreak and the openings for the 6pm and 10pm shows (except on Saturdays). C Clarity is intact for everything else, though.

Can we PLEASE bring back ‘the Spirit’ signature now!!!

On 6/16/2020 at 10:11 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

This is some indication that C-Clarity ain't long for this world.

Quite funny that you said that this package was "solely overpriced production music" when it was unveiled, and now you're using the same argument to make yet another sweeping conclusion over something 5 people on TVNT doesn't like.

Point being, C Clarity works as intended, and production music is definitely not an indicator that its the "end all" when we know that TEGNA stations uses production music from time to time. 

Using that logic, TiH should've been dead at arrival when KARE and KUSA used stock music for stings. 😒

On 6/19/2020 at 9:33 PM, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

While it’s not a Tegna station KMGH has a track record of straying from the standard issue Scripps music packages in its newscast opens.

Can we PLEASE bring back ‘the Spirit’ signature now!!!

Personally, I would love for the Spirit signature to return, or at least stayed when they converted to G3. The fact that they dropped such an iconic legacy brand while WNEP elected to stay with their interpretation of MCTYW left a sour taste. All in all, this probably speaks to the branding decisions elected at WFAA... maybe they wanted to move away from their legacy brand to start something new and fresh for the next generation of viewers? I can understand that.

10 hours ago, Newscenter5WCVB said:

Pretty much. 

Their format just is right. It feels complete and well rounded. 

Yup. I agree. They present themselves as modern and knowledgeable of the market. 

They are creative in terms of presentation, but not to the point where it is unwatchable. AKA they aren't "trying too hard."

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, tyrannical bastard said:

WATN is still in the same boat.   Still looks like a Nexstar ABC affiliate but their website is full-on Tegna, and has parts of their package on-air for the COVID-19 coverage.

I still think a full changeover to the TEGNA look is going to happen soon, but the real question is when? Right now, it's just a mess.

Archived